Subscribe
    Jul 24, 2013, 4:59 AM - Helmets for small heads #1

Hi all,

So just last week I received my SE RotJ helmet from BM. The helmet is absolutely perfect, except for one thing...It seems to be too big for me. I feel like a Boba Fett bobble head when i wear it. Unfortunately I didn't know there were different helmet sizes out there. I figured all the top notch molds would be pretty much be identical when it came to size. I've been searching through the forums for a while trying to find what helmet would best suit me (I might do a ESB helmet too). Every forum that I've found seems to go over which helmet is best for a large head, but i have the opposite problem. I'm not a particularly short person, I'm 5'11", but my head is smaller than the average person it would seem. I've noticed that people seem to agree that FPH and MR are some of the largest, but I'm confused on where BM helmets fit into the size comparisons. Any answers or suggestions?
    Jul 24, 2013, 5:57 AM - Re: Helmets for small heads #2

BM is a little bit smaller than the rest of the common helmets. The next smallest is a Don Post I think? But that helmet isn't very accurate compared to the rest. I think you're best off filling your BM with padding and just go with that.
    Jul 24, 2013, 9:02 AM - Re: Helmets for small heads #3

Stick with the BM especially if you do ESB. Notice that fett looks like a bobble head in ESB screen caps. Just pad it well so your neck is visible and you'll be good.
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 24, 2013, 9:22 AM - Re: Helmets for small heads #4

Small helmets = GMH and MSH2
    Jul 24, 2013, 2:05 PM - Re: Helmets for small heads #5

How does a GMH compare with a Don Post Deluxe?
    Jul 24, 2013, 2:31 PM - Re: Helmets for small heads #6

Do you have some pics of you wearing the helmet? We could make a better judgement that way.
    Jul 24, 2013, 6:45 PM - Re: Helmets for small heads #7

No problem! For some reason in person, its feels a lot bigger than it looks in the picture. I took this picture just barely and I feel a little better about the size. I still don't really have a neck though. As previously suggested, I definitely need to get some good padding. Hopefully that does the trick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comparison.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	441.4 KB 
ID:	70368
    Jul 24, 2013, 6:49 PM - Re: Helmets for small heads #8

Yep. Just pad the top so it sits higher. It's not overly large looking at all.
    Jul 24, 2013, 7:27 PM - Re: Helmets for small heads #9

It looks perfect. Like Mr Fett said, pad the top so it sits higher and you'll be good.
    Jul 24, 2013, 10:58 PM - Re: Helmets for small heads #10

Awesome. Im glad to hear its just me. It might actually be a good thing I've got extra room in my helmet. I was thinking about adding a RF servo.
    Jul 24, 2013, 11:02 PM - Re: Helmets for small heads #11

You're good man, like everyone else said.
  12. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 25, 2013, 12:21 AM - Re: Helmets for small heads #12

Check out helmet padding for kevlar helmets on ebay...
    Jul 25, 2013, 4:09 AM - Re: Helmets for small heads #13

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Check out helmet padding for kevlar helmets on ebay...
    Good to know, thanks!
    Jul 25, 2013, 11:30 AM - Re: Helmets for small heads #14

The helmet looks bigger because you don't have the armor on you, which also adds to the volume of the body, so the helmet will 'shrink' a bit. You are still in the reasonable limits, and as others said, just pad the helmet under the dome and inside the forehead area. The 'visible neck' effect is a combination of the raised helmet, the collar plate pushed down (with the help of the back plate and the jetpack) and the tight neck-seal.
    Jul 25, 2013, 1:59 PM - Re: Helmets for small heads #15

totally agree with Rafal on this, the armor, clothing and accesories with bulk the whole outfit for you, padd out the lid and it will be tip top, it's a very nice lid
    Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    The helmet looks bigger because you don't have the armor on you, which also adds to the volume of the body, so the helmet will 'shrink' a bit. You are still in the reasonable limits, and as others said, just pad the helmet under the dome and inside the forehead area. The 'visible neck' effect is a combination of the raised helmet, the collar plate pushed down (with the help of the back plate and the jetpack) and the tight neck-seal.
  16. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 25, 2013, 2:08 PM - Re: Helmets for small heads #16

I try and tell guys with small heads this but they dont want to agree...they always want something small when the ESB helmet is close to MR size