Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2009
    May 23, 2010, 1:43 PM - Helmet Smell??? #1

Hello, This is my first post here and I need some help with a helmet that I purchased (for very cheap). When I bought this helmet (1995 Don Post) it had a couple of very bad cracks (the helmet was almost in two parts) and I figured that I could glue it together and use it for a display peice. I used a two part epoxy and I had to use alot of it, now the helmet has a very bad glue smell to it. It seems like the helmet absorbed the smell and I cannot get rid of it. I was hoping that it would go away with time but it has been over a year since I glued it. I have to keep it in the storage in the basement because if I put it out on display it stinks up the basement pretty bad. Any ideas how I can get rid of the smell??

Thanks for any help.

Paul
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    May 23, 2010, 2:28 PM - Re: Helmet Smell??? #2

Have you tried baking soda or febreeze.

You can take a hair dryer and warm the helmet up then put the baking soda in it, the heat should help release any smells.
  4. Member Since
    May 2009
    May 25, 2010, 4:35 AM - Re: Helmet Smell??? #3

The hairdrier and baking soda worked great, almost all of the smell is gone. thanks for the help.