Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Helmet sculpt

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt

Honestly mate, if people are going to get upset by something like that and not actually take it as a compliment, it says alot more about them than you. Keep doing what you love, and the people you have sorted out before will always support you..

Account Deactivated

Cheers mate, its just sad that some people think every thing is about them , specially when its some one whos work you used to respect, but the true colours always come out

From
    Detention Block AA23

If you are comfortable with it, go ahead and post those comps back up, I want to see them. Dont listen to that rabble.

I have to disagree about those screws poking through in the ear slot. You would only be able to see into that slot clearly enough on the ESB and ROTJ helmets since reference of the others does not include images you can see into that slot. That Heilman ROTJ shot, its a compelling argument. But I think its a picture artifact there as you cant see anything like it in a much clearer picture like the attachment shows. I have ESB reference as well and I dont see anything but even machining.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails helmet-left-ear-01-jpg  

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Yup, there certainly are some people out there too full of thier own importance.. They are generally people I stay far away from. Bottom line is, you make a great product and have many supporters not only due to that, but also the way you conduct yourself in a really great manner. Thats who i, and I presume most, would rather surround ourselves with.. :-)

Account Deactivated

Flash was's it out but its there Ive looked on any pic I can find, msbey some one withmore computer skillsthan I have (Rafl cough cough) can blow up some other shots but each helmet has them

From
    Rainbow Beach QLD Australia

This helmet is looking amazing *thumbs up*

Account Deactivated

Kegan, I could add more but Im bussy, these all show enough proof to see its there, blow them up to a larger size and its easy to see, boba-fett-costume-civ-tfp-029-jpgboba-fett-costume-civ-tfp-098-jpgboba-fett-costume-mom-080701-124-jpgboba-fett-first-prototype-helmet-02-jpg

MD, thanks,,

Account Deactivated

And the Koo-da-grah
    boba-fett-return-jedi-helmet-06-jpg

From
    Detention Block AA23

Sorry man I'm not seeing it. I can see sort of round marks in your last ROTJ but that is the only picture like that I have seen. I have to say photo artifact.

Here are some better resolution shots and I dont see anything but the bottom of the slot. The ESB has either paint or dirt at the top and bottom of the slot but no psychical disruption.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails no-screws-jpg  
    Last edited by Keegan; May 3, 2012 at 2:18 AM.

Account Deactivated

I got to be honest I think you dont want to see them , but if its not to late feel free to use it,
    all those pics I put up show it quite clearly click on them and blow up the image, then go look at a pic of the Banazi helmet see were the pilot holes are on that and work out were they would sit and there smack in the slot,
    Any

From
    Detention Block AA23

I promise you I am trying to see what you are seeing. Can you use my picture and precisely mark where you can see anything?
    I know all about the Banzai helmet and where the holes are on that. Im looking in those places and not seeing anything.

Account Deactivated

In some pics it doesnt show due to angle and flash but the ROTJ pic you posted you can see the one on the lower section though onlythe top half as from the angle and the top one doesnt show,m as it is clearl there in the hielman pics and being the same helmet this proves it can was out due to photography,
    any way no isue I see it you dont we can agree to disagree

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Just trying to help de-escalate here... could different helmets have had different methods of attachment?

Maybe a quicker setup was discovered?

Sometimes when I do some routine/ repetative work I switch up the order to see if it goes faster/ easier.

I've always been a proponent of those marks simply being the "stop and go" mill mark points of the depression of the bit
    used to cut the trench. The same artifacts can be seen to varying degrees on the Commando8 ears. They vary because
    although machine milled, it will be a little different each time depending on how many passes are made each time to cut
    the trench

From
    Galati, Romania

Sorry James, but I'm not agree with your theory! I searched the Gallery to see if the ESB and the ROTJ helmets shows the ends of the screws or not, but my search had negative results. In the last couple of days I did some measurements and comparisons of the left ears' attachments. I used mostly the damaged Sandy helmet because its left ear is missing and this is the only helmet that shows directly that particular area:

sandy-left-ear-01-jpg sandy-left-ear-02-jpg

Here are the results of my measurements regarding the left ears' lower screw placement:

esb-vs-rotj-vs-pp3-left-ear-comp-jpg

Looking at the Banzai helmet (which, if I'm not mistaking, is in some way related to the ESB Hero helmet), the upper screw seems to be in the upper end of the left ear's trench, but the lower screw hole is not visible and might be the same with the ESB Hero's placement, which is a bit above the lower end of the left ear's trench.

banzai-left-ear-jpg

But because this helmet has fan made modifications (especially the missing right ear's dome platform) it's possible that the screw placements to be altered too.
    Last edited by RafalFett; May 5, 2012 at 4:21 AM. Reason: Added more info.

Account Deactivated

If any thing your comps galvanize my theorie , the ESB hero screw is to high to go in to the wedge part,an we cant see were they are on the ROTJ ,
    An the Banazi helmet isnt actuallly fan made, far from it, and the red lines you marked on it for the ear tend to slid to far back on the lower half of the ear,
    Blow up the hielman pics,you can even see in the slot that the to suspect holes are bronze not silver, and there is any pics clear enough to show themthey are there ,

And mabey some better refrences, may come up soon,,
    Last edited by BGHunter; May 5, 2012 at 8:27 AM.

From
    Galati, Romania

I didn't said that the Banzai helmet is fan made, but it was slightly altered in a way or other.

From
    Galati, Romania

OK! Let me tell you the other way. If we look at the Sandy and the Banzai helmets, we can see the upper (Banzai) and the lower (Sandy) screw's presence, and with some help we got the following measurements for the visible end:
    around 3mm. The left ear is 12mm wide and the trench is 7mm deep, so we got a 5mm thickness without the trench. If the screw's visible end is 3mm long, it still remains 2mm to be visible in the trench's end:

left-ear-front-view-jpg

Edit: the image file was corrected because the trench is around 7mm deep and not 5mm as I stated.
    Last edited by RafalFett; May 6, 2012 at 9:30 AM. Reason: Replaced image and some info.

Account Deactivated

Im all for theories and mine may not be right, , how ever were are you getting the mesurments for how deep the trench is,
    on the ESB hero you said the screwis 15 high, if you measure almost any ear youl see that the trench ends at 15 ml, also what makes you think the screws are only that length, just because in the Sandy helmet its sticking out that far doesnt mean that is all the way through , as its clear the ear has come off mabey the screw was undone some of the way thus making it come of,,

I still see enough holes in your argument that you could be wrong, but that said you are proving there is good popssiblitiy Im wrong, either way you can see them in the Hielman pic,? and otherss

Account Deactivated

Im all for theories and mine may not be right, , were are you getting the mesurments for how deep the trench is,
    on the ESB hero you said the screwis 15 high, if you measure almost any ear youl see that the trench ends at 15 ml,
    More importanly what makes you think the screws are only that length, just because in the Sandy helmet its sticking out that far doesnt mean that is all the way through , as its clear the ear has come off mabey the screw was undone some of the way thus making it come of,,

I still see enough holes in your argument that you could be wrong, but that said you are proving there is good popssiblitiy Im wrong, either way you can see them in the Hielman pic,? and otherss

From
    Galati, Romania

Corrected the trench deep in post No. #68 from 5mm to 7mm.

Yes, I can see something in the Heilman photo but there are at least 3 visible marks in that trench:

rotj-heilman-left-ear-trench-jpg

I can't prove or disprove what has been said here, but most of the facts lean to a negative result.

Account Deactivated

Yeah I see what you mean but the other doesnt look the same, any way this subject has derailed enough for now,
    Ill be posting a cast from this helmet in a few days ,

From
    Galati, Romania

BGHunter said: View Post
    Yeah I see what you mean but the other doesnt look the same, any way this subject has derailed enough for now,
    Ill be posting a cast from this helmet in a few days ,
    You are right! This feature doesn't do major modifications to the left ear and the helmet, so we better focus on your helmet casting.

Account Deactivated

After a few mold stuff ups andone of which almost ruined the helmet sculpt,(note to self dont try doing molds on the cheap) I have the first cast from the new molds, Im quite happy with the way it looks, dscf3968-jpgdscf3970-jpgdscf3972-jpgdscf3974-jpg

Account Deactivated

Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt, glass for that arse

ears just tapped on dscf3980-jpgdscf3977-jpgdscf3979-jpg