2. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Apr 23, 2012, 6:00 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #27

Aww cheers mate ,,
    few more
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3635.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	60560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3637.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	60561Attachment 60562
    Last edited by BGHunter; May 1, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Apr 23, 2012, 6:24 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #28

James, I love it! just keep me posted when you have one ready for sale mate, and i'll do my best to ROTJ it up for you Sandy-style! Brilliant work
  4. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 1, 2012, 2:12 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #29

deletted
    Last edited by BGHunter; May 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
  5. KaanE is offline KaanE
    May 1, 2012, 2:23 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #30

May 1, 2012, 2:25 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #31

Beautiful. Really sharp mate, lovely cast
  7. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 1, 2012, 2:55 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #32

Thanks guys,
    May 1, 2012, 3:11 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #33

That helmet is excellent!
    May 1, 2012, 4:58 PM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #34

Lovely work mate...keep us posted on when they will be up for sale...love to get one
  10. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 1, 2012, 5:12 PM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #35

Not long now,

I may as well put this in as Ive told a few people already and no other ears made of being made has, or is going to have this , sohelmet will have the only totally accurate left ear,
    Also looking to have the ears machined as well so that will be cool
    Last edited by BGHunter; May 1, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
    May 1, 2012, 5:55 PM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #36

Really nice work. You have really made some great progress on your sculpts since you started. Keep it up.
  12. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 1, 2012, 6:01 PM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #37

Thanks
  13. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 1, 2012, 10:17 PM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #38

To all other makers Im sorry about the ear thing , it was wrong of me to tell any one I should have kept it to my self and a few select individuals) this is an open invitaion to feel free to add it to your pieces, in the future
    As it is my ears will be the original to have this feture in them ,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3783.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	60791 but if any other makers would like to add it to the next sculpt/retooling go for it
    after all we didnt design the original,, were all just copying an idea that we dont have rights to
    Last edited by BGHunter; May 2, 2012 at 3:45 AM.
  14. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 2, 2012, 5:47 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #39

For those that saw a problem with it, I used the GMH next to mine coz its the closest way of compairing my helmet to a real helmet,
    I guess I shouldnt have done that as it was seen by some narrow minded types as a jibe at the maker of that helmet, if an thing it was a compliment, to them
    though I will say I made the helmet long before I got the GMH and at the ime of my working on it I had not other helmet in my possession as I was deep in the country, in another part of Australia which I didnt take any helmets to compair my sculpt with , though I will say openly I did look at the Banazi helmet for reference, (Do a lay over youl see)

If you minions see isue with things I do feel free to voice them to me before you try curry favour with your betters
  15. KaanE is offline KaanE
    May 2, 2012, 5:53 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #40

Who the **** could see any bad purposes when posting comp. pics?
  16. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 2, 2012, 6:16 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #41

The comps Id like to see are of the Malone Fett and the GMH, now that would be worth seeing
    Last edited by BGHunter; May 2, 2012 at 6:54 AM.
    May 2, 2012, 6:27 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #42

Quote BGHunter said: View Post
    To all other makers Im sorry about the ear thing , it was wrong of me to tell any one I should have kept it to my self and a few select individuals) this is an open invitaion to feel free to add it to your pieces, in the future
    As it is my ears will be the original to have this feture in them ,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3783.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	60791 but if any other makers would like to add it to the next sculpt/retooling go for it
    after all we didnt design the original,, were all just copying an idea that we dont have rights to
    What makes this ear different?

Maybe you mentioned it in a previous post and I missed it. I just like learning about all the diffferent helmets out there. Thanks!!
  18. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 2, 2012, 6:52 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #43

Its a small detail, most wouldnt be concerned with ,, (Ive been told aparently only 3 people will care) but if you are in to accuarcy its another fun fact, (myself and 2 others cant be wrong)
    Look in to the center slot, see the screw ends, the real helmets has this detail , and there for it shows were the screws should be placed and if your into replica's little things like correct hard wear and nut placement are all part of it, also if your going to have pilotholes in your sculpt then you can have then in the right spot, just a small detail I know but in the on going persuit for accuracy it all adds up
    Last edited by BGHunter; May 2, 2012 at 7:06 AM.
    May 2, 2012, 7:08 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #44

Quote clonecollector said: View Post
    What makes this ear different?

Maybe you mentioned it in a previous post and I missed it. I just like learning about all the diffferent helmets out there. Thanks!!
    I think he's referring to the bolts/screws(?) in the left ear's ditch:

Name:	Dscf3783.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	60793

James was faster and already responded to your question.
    Last edited by RafalFett; May 2, 2012 at 7:17 AM.
    May 2, 2012, 8:24 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #45

Thanks for clearing that up guys!

That is a nice little detail! (make it 4 guys who appreciate the detail. lol!... even though I'm not out to make an exact replica)

I used to have a FP MR Premium helmet (since sold to partsguy17) that I mounted the ears on using screws. I didn't quite place them in the exact spots you did, but close!

Its a small detail, most wouldnt be concerned with ,, (Ive been told aparently only 3 people will care) but if you are in to accuarcy its another fun fact, (myself and 2 others cant be wrong)
    Look in to the center slot, see the screw ends, the real helmets has this detail , and there for it shows were the screws should be placed and if your into replica's little things like correct hard wear and nut placement are all part of it, also if your going to have pilotholes in your sculpt then you can have then in the right spot, just a small detail I know but in the on going persuit for accuracy it all adds up
    Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    I think he's referring to the bolts/screws(?) in the left ear's ditch:

Name:	Dscf3783.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	60793

James was faster and already responded to your question.
    May 2, 2012, 8:47 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #46

James, in a forum of this type where people have nailed down dental files, borden connectors, rangefinder parts, interior parts etc etc, I would find it hard to believe only a few people would appreciate even small, new found discoveries. I think its awesome, and I applaud you for nailing down another new detail! Peace
  22. May 2, 2012, 11:13 AM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #47

I always thought they were marks from the milling tool, before the channel was machined, seems a lot of work to file the threads down to the exact correct length, but then again the ears were attached before painting...

By the way BGH, didn't mean to poo poo your find...
    Last edited by terminal fettler; May 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
  23. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 2, 2012, 2:43 PM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #48

Thanks Jayve, (and all the otrhers who have sent pms support)
    TF I could see that, the give away is there brass,, so unless the ears have a brass core I am pretty certin Im right,also ifyou study each helmet they dont all sit at the exact same hight, ESB is flush RTOJ isnt PP1 isnt PP2 is , pp3 sits like half a mil under,

CC, thats the beuty of it is it can be added so easily, though your right the total replica thing isnt every ones game,

Mabey Ive spent way to much time looking at pics and studding of the real helmet
    Last edited by BGHunter; May 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM.
    May 2, 2012, 9:57 PM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #49

I am pretty certin Im right,also ifyou study each helmet they dont all sit at the exact same hight, ESB is flush RTOJ isnt PP1 isnt PP2 is , pp3 sits like half a mil under,
    Apparently there was something said about this in a negative way? Never be afraid to discuss something and never be afraid to post comparisons. If people have any problem with the GMH being compared to anything they can suck it. Some people I have seen in the past take offense at the stupidest things.

I know we talked about that detail in the ROTJ ears before but this is the first I have heard about it being visible on the other helmets. Can you show me the pictures where you see it?
  25. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 2, 2012, 10:27 PM - Re: My new Fett helmet sculpt #50

At this very point I dont have time to grab them but I can asure you they are there,

Yeah i didnt intend to upset any one, I figured to compair my fan sculpt to the bench mark of Fett helmets wouldnt persieved as it was, How ever i guess I can see why some one could take it the wrong way, as for compairing it to an unultered MR paint master cast there is no harm in that No one can claim they own that, no one here any way,

And your right its actually sad that it comes to this , I do it coz I love making these, Ive poured way more money in to my helmets than ill ever get back , I dont do this as a way of making money, (I have a real job as a propmaker that is my income) , each time I finish a sculpt I start to notice other things I can change to get them more accurate, like the screws in the ears, these things come from studying the real screen used helmets, and first gen casts like the Bannazi helmet( you can see were the pilot holes are on it and a few other details ) and the KT plug, and as it is there is a couple of other tinny details Ive put in to my sculpt that are not on any other fan cast yet,

I make them for the love of it its not that hard to understand,