***Helmet mods!***

  1. #1

    ***Helmet mods!***

    Hey guys!

    I'm fixing up my '95 DP right now and I'm planning to do a few things:



    1st, the helmet was in storage for a while to the back is a tiny bit smooshed, and the default visor seems a little curved (is it always a little curved?), which doesn't matter that much since I'll be replacing it with another one..maybe that Huntsman one??! How should I unwarp it, since I have no heatgun? Also, Could anyone please tell me what the distance between the mandibles should be?

    Also, I saw Webchief's bucket, and I really like his colour scheme and his LED's! Since I can't get in tough with him, does anyone know what paints he used? I also don't know if I should clear coat it?

    Here is WebChief's nice work:
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/bgouveia/...c=ph%26.view=t

    And does anyone know how to run a cable (for the LED's) down the shaft of the rangefinder? And did anyone add some LED's into the rangefinder (in the screen) like Webchief? He added some green ones I think.

    Also, I'm looking for ideas on lining the helmet with a hardhat liner. So anyone who's done that, please lemme know what you did, and how!!

    Could anyone who put a voice amp in their bucket please let me know what and how they did it as well?

    Well, I guess that's all for now!
    Sorry for all the questions...but I wanna make the bucket as good as possible!

    Oh yeah, I'm also making my own servo rangefinder control. Does anyone know where I could get a little motor that will do what I want? (not hyperdyne, because I'm making my own circuitry...and they cost alot there anyways!)

    Here you can see some of the "bending" in the visor and how the helmet is a little warped in the back:



    Ciao,
    Bobo



  2. #2
    Ego
    Guest

    Re: ***Helmet mods!***

    Hiya Bobo,

    Quote:
    1st, the helmet was in storage for a while to the back is a tiny bit smooshed, and the default visor seems a little curved (is it always a little curved?), which doesn't matter that much since I'll be replacing it with another one..maybe that Huntsman one??! How should I unwarp it, since I have no heatgun? Also, Could anyone please tell me what the distance between the mandibles should be?
    Your pics didn't show up, but, do you mean the VISOR is curved, or the mandibles? Because the visor, you're going to want to get rid of that on a stock DP bucket anyway and put something else in, probably rear mounted.

    As for unwarping . . summer's here. Inside your car on a hot day will do the trick pretty good.

    Quote:
    Also, I saw Webchief's bucket, and I really like his colour scheme and his LED's! Since I can't get in tough with him, does anyone know what paints he used?
    http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=4120&forum=2

    Quote:
    I also don't know if I should clear coat it?
    http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=2908&forum=2

    Quote:
    And does anyone know how to run a cable (for the LED's) down the shaft of the rangefinder? And did anyone add some LED's into the rangefinder (in the screen) like Webchief? He added some green ones I think.
    http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=4170&forum=2

    Quote:
    Also, I'm looking for ideas on lining the helmet with a hardhat liner. So anyone who's done that, please lemme know what you did, and how!!
    http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=2312&forum=2

    Quote:
    Could anyone who put a voice amp in their bucket please let me know what and how they did it as well?
    http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=3631&forum=2

    The search engine is your friend Bobo . . . all sorts of good information out there!



    Jer

  3. #3

    Re: ***Helmet mods!***

    Hey thats awesome! Thanks man!
    I'm an idiot for not realizing that myself

    Ah well.

    Any other input would be greatly appreciated also guys!

  4. #4
    Ego
    Guest

    Re: ***Helmet mods!***

    No worries.

    The visor, well, the visor on the real helmet actually has some curve in it too, believe it or not. Not quite that much, but, still has some curve.

    Don't have any ref photos on hand to show you.

    But, if you want your helmet done right, you're going to have to cut that visor out of the helmet anyway, so you can replace it with a full one.

    Jer

  5. #5

    Re: ***Helmet mods!***

    Yeah I'm planning to take that POS visor out

    COuld you guys post pics of your creations?

  6. #6

    Member Since
    Jul 2002
    From
    San Diego
    Posts
    560

    Re: ***Helmet mods!***

    I think I remember seeing ESB helmet pics and the visor was just a little curved, but in ROTJ, I think it was straight. I may be wrong though, got to check out the ref cd again.

  7. #7
    DarthVader1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    From
    Phenix City, AL
    Posts
    2,462

    Re: ***Helmet mods!***

    I believe that the ESB visor was cut out from a welding shield, which is green by the way, and it's kinda curved but just a little...about the ROTJ visor...gotta check the ref. CD as well...:o

    Robert

  8. #8
    secol_FETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    From
    on the country whit name of chili(aji in spanish)
    Posts
    2,036

    Re: ***Helmet mods!***

    hope this pics help ya
    this is my DP95 recast

    <img src=http://200.72.134.171/cdref/tdh/hm1.jpg>
    <img src=http://200.72.134.171/cdref/tdh/hm2.jpg>


  9. #9
    sithlord23's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2002
    From
    Kamino (also known as Seattle)
    Posts
    1,221

    Re: ***Helmet mods!***

    well on the voice amp, I just snagged one from radio shack, the one that they are discontinuing for about 16.00, it fits fine in my helmet, and the amp goes in one of my side pouches, the amp part is bigger than I thought though, I was hoping to maybe take it apart and maybe try to make a smaller casing for the speaker, but as for now its all right...

  10. #10

    Re: ***Helmet mods!***

    heres my bucket! ignore the "sqinty look"

    <A HREF="http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/latchkeymemoirs/vwp?.dir=/BH+Trials&.dnm=side1.jpg&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/latchkeymemoirs/vwp%3f.dir=/BH%2bTrials%26.dnm=large.jpg%26.src=ph" TARGET="_blank">
    My Bucket</A>

Similar Threads

  1. Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet
    By superjedi in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: May 12, 2008, 7:09 AM
  2. Sixxgunn13's Mystery helmet Mods.
    By Sixxgunn13 in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 18, 2007, 12:17 PM
  3. Helmet Mods ::pictures::
    By Captain4434 in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 3, 2004, 9:48 AM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •