Subscribe
  1. Keegan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    547
    Apr 5, 2006, 10:49 PM - Helmet Lights? #1

    Ok, I give up. Where exactly do the LEDS on top of the rangefinder appear blinking? I have never really noticed this though I have looked. Can people post any pictures they might have? I know they have the lights and battery set up but is it actually apparent onscreen?
  2. dgasser's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    381
    Apr 6, 2006, 1:52 AM - Re: Helmet Lights? #2

    You never get a good enough shoot to see the LEDs blinking on-screen.
  3. Jango_Fett_Jr's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,957
    Apr 6, 2006, 2:23 AM - Re: Helmet Lights? #3

    There is at least the one publicity photo that shoes the RF down with one of the lights on, and I believe the blinking pattern was origianlly obtained by a Braks asking Jeremy Bulloch. I'm not sure if it has changed since then, but here is the image from Braks' tutorial website:
  4. Keegan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    547
    Apr 6, 2006, 10:57 AM - Re: Helmet Lights? #4

    Ok. That explains it then. Some people were going on about how you could see them in the carbon freezing chamber... Thanks for clarifying
  5. Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,696
    Apr 6, 2006, 11:54 AM - Re: Helmet Lights? #5

    Quote kbrosseau said:
    Ok. That explains it then. Some people were going on about how you could see them in the carbon freezing chamber... Thanks for clarifying
    Yes, that is not accurate. The rangefinder lights would only come on when the stalk is in the down position.
  6. cal196's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,617
    Apr 6, 2006, 3:21 PM - Re: Helmet Lights? #6

    and I've always wondered why his rangfinder is not down in Cloud city to get a bead on luke or on the desert skiff. guess He though he didnt need it, but geez he missed by a mile to be a crack shot.
  7. DL44 Blaster's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,935
    Apr 6, 2006, 3:26 PM - Re: Helmet Lights? #7

    Here's the only pic I think the RF is photographed in the down position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB Fett hallway 1(2) (2).JPG 
Views:	295 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	9555  
  8. stonerook's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    240
    Apr 6, 2006, 6:07 PM - Re: Helmet Lights? #8

    Quote cal196 said:
    and I've always wondered why his rangfinder is not down in Cloud city to get a bead on luke or on the desert skiff. guess He though he didnt need it, but geez he missed by a mile to be a crack shot.

    Think about it...

    In cloud city....
    Boba knew Vader wanted Luke alive, and if he would of shot him dead, Vader might be a tad upset....


    On the skiff -
    He didn't need the extra targeting because he had such a clean shot....

    to bad solo hit his pack with the pike...
  9. cal196's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,617
    Apr 6, 2006, 7:02 PM - Re: Helmet Lights? #9

    Yes but to not have all His weapons operative agianst a known Jedi was foolish. Its just as bad as Jango without with targeting computer down agianst several Jedi's I just never got why.
  10. Keegan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    547
    Apr 6, 2006, 9:31 PM - Re: Helmet Lights? #10

    Quote DL44 Blaster said:
    Here's the only pic I think the RF is photographed in the down position.
    Thanks for posting the pic. I've never seen it. 'bout time I bought the reference cd huh?
  11. Nachtinis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    175
    Apr 10, 2006, 3:51 PM - Re: Helmet Lights? #11

    Its a bit O/T but the rangefinder is a simpler readout display mechanism and it would be a stretch to consider the stalk unit to be the actual targeteing mechanism in the helmet (ref from various SW games where the targeting was done by the helmet itself). It could however be reasonable to assume that the RF gives a better display about the target according to the computer. Also in the nitpick it can be said that if it is just a Rangefinder than it would do no better than a digital scope readout which either Jango nor Boba would need at certain ranges. Also concentraing on a pop-down display readout while engaging in close combat is not the most effective use of ones eyes during a battle.
  12. Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,704
    Apr 10, 2006, 6:55 PM - Re: Helmet Lights? #12

  13. tubachris85x's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,944
    Apr 10, 2006, 8:09 PM - Re: Helmet Lights? #13

    Quote Nachtinis said:
    Its a bit O/T but the rangefinder is a simpler readout display mechanism and it would be a stretch to consider the stalk unit to be the actual targeteing mechanism in the helmet (ref from various SW games where the targeting was done by the helmet itself). It could however be reasonable to assume that the RF gives a better display about the target according to the computer. Also in the nitpick it can be said that if it is just a Rangefinder than it would do no better than a digital scope readout which either Jango nor Boba would need at certain ranges. Also concentraing on a pop-down display readout while engaging in close combat is not the most effective use of ones eyes during a battle.
    Well, the true nature of what it is can never really be detirmineed, because there are many different sources that say totally different thins, such as star wars: bounty hunter, which uses it as a scanner. One way believe that it would be useful (practically) would be for it to be a universal computer, such as for communications, battle field/area maps, medical readouts of yourself and ability to see health of others, ect. Stuff like that, would seem more useful to a soldier. You know, not too long ago, I was browsing through military.com, and had a video based on Future Combat Systems, was a simulated engagement video, and it showed the possible technology that would be used. One thing that caught my eye was one main peice they showed them using was a little screen like those wearable computers that goes directly in front of the persons right eye. It showed it as having pretty much everything I described what they should have. Was really interesting, and would be kinda sweet to have something like that in an RF.

    -tubachris

Similar Threads

  1. Chest lights
    By james007bond in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2010, 12:25 AM
  2. RF lights
    By TJDFett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2010, 9:03 PM
  3. TK-409 LIGHTS
    By TJDFett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2008, 7:16 PM
  4. Exterior Helmet Lights
    By Dha Syntir in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct 12, 2008, 2:05 PM