helmet help

helmet help

Hi,
    I am new to the armour creating scene and am getting stuck. Last year I made my kid a R2-D2 costume out of a garbage can and decided that gave me the right to get ambitious

I have a very low budget and not a great deal of skill. I've managed to start putting together a helmet from a template found on the Mandalorian Mercs, while following as much advice as I can find on youtube. Its taken me a few attempts to find the right material, now what i am finding is the templates are too small (for my adult, odd shaped, sized head) and I'm definitely not skilled enough (as I am now finding) to make adjustments on the go and re-size the template with addons and the like.

Im not going to give up - does anyone have any advice on finding the right template and knowing whether its going to be the right size down the line?

michael aka darkwolf

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

Re: helmet help

try scaling the templates up in photoshop or mspaint

i can give that a try. Thank you for the advice!

Should I find a template for a helmet - how will i know who it is intended for? The template ive been agonizing over was clearly intended for a child or someone with a very small head. so how will i know what the base size is?

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

pretty sure this is a template for grown-ups

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/b...mplates-10497/