Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Feb 25, 2012, 2:41 AM - helmet help #1

Hi,
    I am new to the armour creating scene and am getting stuck. Last year I made my kid a R2-D2 costume out of a garbage can and decided that gave me the right to get ambitious

I have a very low budget and not a great deal of skill. I've managed to start putting together a helmet from a template found on the Mandalorian Mercs, while following as much advice as I can find on youtube. Its taken me a few attempts to find the right material, now what i am finding is the templates are too small (for my adult, odd shaped, sized head) and I'm definitely not skilled enough (as I am now finding) to make adjustments on the go and re-size the template with addons and the like.

Im not going to give up - does anyone have any advice on finding the right template and knowing whether its going to be the right size down the line?

michael aka darkwolf
  2. Formerly saint nasty Mike M.'s Avatar
    Feb 25, 2012, 4:44 AM - Re: helmet help #2

try scaling the templates up in photoshop or mspaint
  3. Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Feb 25, 2012, 9:56 AM - Re: helmet help #3

i can give that a try. Thank you for the advice!

Should I find a template for a helmet - how will i know who it is intended for? The template ive been agonizing over was clearly intended for a child or someone with a very small head. so how will i know what the base size is?
  4. Formerly saint nasty Mike M.'s Avatar
    Feb 25, 2012, 12:54 PM - Re: helmet help #4

pretty sure this is a template for grown-ups

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/b...mplates-10497/