Helmet and Glasses

From
    Indiana

Helmet and Glasses

This is to all Fett's. What do you do about your glasses? I can ware mine with my 96 DP because it flex's. I can't ware my fiberglass one from Skybro. I can't get my eyes fixed for about another year. Anybody else in this boat?

Re: Helmet and Glasses

Ya, i am, but i have been wearing contacts for many years. Have you tried contacts? I can also get my FG helmet on with my glasses as well.

From
    Indiana

After about 20 year wearing contacts I can't wear them anymore. My eyes get to dry.

From
    Montrose, PA

I gotta wear contacts, glass won't even fit in my MSH bucket.

Lynn

From
    Phenix City, AL

I don't use glasses, but I believe that glasses won't help wearing under the helmet...they're gonna be a hassle under the helmet, when you take off your helmet or when you put it on.

Regardless, it will be even more difficult trying to look thru the visor, based on the fact that you have limited visibitily (or points of view in this case) if you use glasses, even though I have problems trying to look thru the visor, and I have to get really close to it to have a better field of view. And I'm not even talking about wearing the helmet while in low-light environments.

Robert

From
    Wiesbaden, Germany

Yep, contacts here too. However, in the field, we aren't allowed to wear contacts. The main reason is gas. If we get CS gas in our eyes and we have contacts on, it can permanantly damage us. Check this link here... scroll down to the combat glasses. They are designed to be worn under our pro masks (gas masks) and the description also says scuba masks. You can just carry your regualar glasses in a pouch or something and just wear these under your helmet.
    BQM

Wes

From
    Puerto Rico

I use glasses and could not fit them into my old DP 96 but they fit nicely in my new MHK.

How about getting a Visor with vision correction!

MLax

hahaha...go to the doctor's and a get a prescription visor.

The only thing i can suggest is the sports goggles worn by athlethes, although they are kinda rare now because people wear contacts.

Thats interesting about the contacts not being allowed in the field. The glasses you speak of are prob the best for this occasion.

From
    Wiesbaden, Germany

I can't say that all units forbid them. In 1st ID (BIG RED
    ONE!!!!) our platoon ldr/sgt were both gas happy.

Wes

i have 95DP and i wear glasses.seems like the sides of the frame touch the inside of my helmet.i cant wear contacts anymore so im just going to have to manage.

From
    Montrose, PA

Boba Freekk wrote:

i have 95DP and i wear glasses.seems like the sides of the frame touch the inside of my helmet.i cant wear contacts anymore so im just going to have to manage.
    Geeez, I must have a big melon... My nose was almost mashed tight in the visor of my 95DP and glasses were totaly out the question.

My MSH bucket isn't much better, it has "alittle" more room, but glasses are still totaly out of the question.
    I had a GT trooper bucket and glasses inside that were even questionable for me.....

Lynn

From
    Salem, Oregon

Maybe a prescription T-Visor...? Any eye glass makers think it could be possible? I know they have prescription sunglasses so the tint wont be a problem, just the huge and weird shape...Just a thought.