Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Jul 29, 2004, 12:14 PM - Re: Helmet cams #51

Sounds cool.
    Jul 29, 2004, 1:13 PM - Re: Helmet cams #52

yesterday i was changing channels and found the movie hackers
    when the guy named "zero cool" start to hack someone, he's wearing a headset with a small visor, i remember to see one of that on some documental on the discovery channel about guys who wear yours computers, and the visor is enought small to go inside the helmet.

Jul 29, 2004, 7:01 PM - Re: Helmet cams #53

Was it a screen in the traditional sense, or a projection system? And was it real or just a dummy prop?
    Aug 1, 2004, 3:56 AM - Re: Helmet cams #54

Okay I found a few things..

Out of curiosity I took apart my camcorder(Sony Handycam Vision) and opened up the viewfinder. It was very small; the whole thing was only 2.5" long and an inch wide. If you knew how to wire up the thing I can imagine it would be easy to mount it somewhere on the side of the helmet and then have a mirror mounted near the visor. Or even a small concave mirror to enlarge the image.

On the viewfinder was a sticker with the name Miyota on it. So I looked up their site and found these awesome things, but I can't find a place to buy them. Here's a link to the Product. Click on the Ferroelectric Micro LCDs

http://www.miyota.com/en/product/index.html

And here's one more link. It's 4.4" long and 1.7" x 1.3" wide, so I'm not sure how easily it would fit in a helmet. But from the description it sounds like you wouldn't need any wiring knowledge. Just buy a small security camera and a RCA cable, whip out your bucket, and heat up that hot melt caulk!

http://www.supercircuits.com/STORE/p...tem=4&mitem=12
    Aug 1, 2004, 8:13 PM - Re: Helmet cams #55

The second would be a viable option, except that it's B&W and expensive AND small. The panels I found earlier (i think) were color, a little bigger, and about the same price (correct me if im wrong, i haven't looked at em for awhile)
    Aug 1, 2004, 9:05 PM - Re: Helmet cams #56

Could you post another link to the Sony 2" LCD color Monitor?
    The link seems to be broken.
    Aug 1, 2004, 9:57 PM - Re: Helmet cams #57

Well, damn. I guess it is gone..... didn't someone here get one? Anyway, I ofund a 2.5" one, for a big chunk of change ($175!) Screen I shall continue searching for a smaller or cheaper one.
    Aug 13, 2004, 2:24 AM - Re: Helmet cams #58

Here's another LCD screen I found. (1.8"!)
    You could maybe mount it right above the visor

http://www.lcdracks.com/panels/vlcd18p.html
    Aug 13, 2004, 2:28 AM - Re: Helmet cams #59

Perfect, except for the cost. If one could be found on eBay, one could probably be had for less. Good find, not sure how I missed that the first time around. Pricy little sucker, though.
    Aug 13, 2004, 2:40 AM - Re: Helmet cams #60

Here's a bunch of cameras on the same site..

http://www.mars-cam.com/cameras/cameras.htm
    Aug 13, 2004, 2:48 AM - Re: Helmet cams #61

I also just noticed they have some pinhole cameras with built in infrared.
    Aug 13, 2004, 3:39 AM - Re: Helmet cams #62

I think that this <http://www.mars-cam.com/cameras/board_bw_cameras/v1207.htm> one with the pinhole lens would be the best out of them all, as it's not extremely expensive and can be used with IRLEDs (i think). Though so far my favorite one is the one I found (is that link broken too? or did i ever post the link?) that is color until the light source drops below a certain level, then becomes a low-light camera (B&W). In this instance, IRLEDs can be utilized. I don't remember the cost though.
    Aug 15, 2004, 9:57 PM - Re: Helmet cams #63

Unless your planning on using your cosutme at night in the dark, nightvision would be really pointless. Everything would turn out to be just white. The LCD would be REALLY hard to fit actually INSIDE the helmet so my best bet would be to put it in the RF. Another thing you gotta concider is POWER. The cam will take a 9v, and the lcd will take a 9v. If you have a fan, that takes another 9v. I guess you could split them all off 1 9v and have low power or something. Sounds like a better idea to me. Goodluck with this man. I have a cam like these and its pretty good. Goodluck with this project guys!
    Aug 16, 2004, 12:38 AM - Re: Helmet cams #64

It would probably see some night use, and the camera would be a standard color camera in the day, only a low-light camera in low light. As for power, probably have a high-output rechargeable 9V battery or two. No fan.