Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

HeadlessHunters FPH Progress Thread

HeadlessHunters FPH Progress NEW PICS 01/03

Yep, it arrived about 10 minutes ago and so now the fun REALLY begins!! I cannot stress enough what a great helmet this is, and before I go any further a HUGE thanks to Fettpride for an incredible opportunity, anyone waiting on one of these, you will NOT be dissapointed and that is a promise.

Now I cant post photos for a day or so but I will document every step of the construction/painting of this bad boy, I will however be taking extreme care and probably a long time doing this as its only the 2nd helmet I've tackled and really dont want to mess it up, I'm going for movie ESB style and I will welcome any and all criticisms, anyway stay tuned for more....

FP your the best
    Last edited by HeadlessHunter; Mar 1, 2008 at 2:27 PM.

From
    UK

Re: HeadlessHunters FPH Progress Thread

Nice one HH... and yeah I'm one of those that you speak of! but I'm, sure I won't be disapointed...

Looking forward to your thread, are you going layered or topical?

Probably a bit of both, for the main battle damage it will be all layered and for finer detail I will go topical as I progress

From
    Newport News, VA

Yay! Another one! It is a beauty, isn't it?

From
    michigan

cant wait to see the progress!
    this will be sweet.....

im with ya on that!........i myself am going to take my time w/ painting as well....it will be my second helmet, BUT my first esb and i dont want any major fumbles along the way!

I know, I'm actually nervous about starting it

From
    Singapore

cant wait to see another progress of FPH helmet
    btw, how much is the FPH helmet ? the thread was way too long for me to follow up...

Progress!! Today I managed to find time to trim the visor out!!! My least favourite part!! In the process I actually busted my dremmel!! So I had to go buy a new one, I'm sure the old one was happy to 'die' at the hands of an FPH though

From
    Chicago, IL

Your thread is pointless without any pics.

Just kidding.

I'm actually nervous to. I'm gonna have to do some heavy reading about all the new ways to paint Boba helmets now adays.

Yeh me too Turo, LOTS of reading.

From
    Chicago, IL

ESB baby!!

I anticipate pics tommorow!! The reason I'm being so slow with this is that the digi camera I have doesn't get recognised by my computers USB ports, so I have to get the pics onto another computer and send them over, bit of a headache but hopefully worth it, did I mention this helmet is AMAZING

From
    UK

Erm.....

Maybe once or twice Joe...

Ok having real trouble getting pictures up so heres some from my cell phone, at this stage I had just trimmed out the visor and taped the ears on to get a look at how it will all take shape, Ive since cut out the keyslots and re-primered the helmet, Im still undecided whether to go layered or topical!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fph1-jpg   fph2-jpg  

From
    Newport News, VA

Nice so far! It's cool to see it taking shape, eh? How many times have you held it on your head already??
    For the paint job, I would recommend the brand new topilayecal method.

Ah great idea, I think ive put it on at least 3 times already, now I have gelcoat dust in my hair

From
    UK

HH... for your pics try re-sizing them in your office Picture manager, the same thing happened to me when I tried up-loading pics?

Looking great so far bro...

I'd have had it on all day...

Apologies for those who were planning on following this thread, it kinda went to sleep a few weeks back basically Ive had a lot of stuff happen recently, I broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years and so have been moving AGAIN alot of backwards and forwards trips with stormtrooper helmets etc but then when everything seemed to settle down a good friend of mines wife passed away she was very ill and although it wasn't a surprise that she passed its a terrible shock regardless, basically I didnt want to touch this amazing helmet in my current frame of mind and do something I'd regret plus my attention needed to be focused elsewhere, but hopefully it'll be business as usual soon, its just been a looong couple of weeks

From
    Canada, on the planet of Hoth.

sorry to hear you've had a run of bad mojo..

take your time.

cheers

PICS, Ok they are TERRIBLE quality but until I get a new camera they will have to do, I feel ashamed putting these up alongside Spidey's thread but I wanted to share my progress, here she is currently Ive sprayed the major green on the dome and cheeks and laid down a coat of flat black under the cheeks, after that I applied a mist layer of Tamiya Matt Light Olive and it worked a treat, from there on I drew on the grey scratches by hand using a sharp pencil, I haven't used any stencils I've just drawn them on by eye Since there is so little reference of the ESB helmet before all the dings and scratches I've referred to Lee's (Rogue Studios) paint master for the MR helmet and found the pics very helpful indeed, I still need to apply the red to the mandibles and finish off the detail silver scratches but so far I'm pretty happy with it, again sorry for the bad photos but please bear with me, this is only the 2nd helmet I've painted as well so be gentle, onto the pics

Thanks FP for THE great helmet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fphpaint1-jpg   fphpaint2-jpg   fphpaint3-jpg  

Looks great so far bro.....
    One trick I've come to pick up, mainly by mistake..is to paint the Green, mask, then paint the red, THEN paint the under cheeks.....this allows you to over spray on the red and you end up getting a nice edge where the Red and Black meet...

MORE PICS!!

From
    UK

I've just sent you a PM 'question' and asked about your progress... and here it is?

I hope you don't mind but your dome 'green' seems a little bright? could be down to the lighting in your kitchen? Did you have a look at the Humbrol #78.
    The grey detailing looks great...

Yeah trust me in person the green is a bit darker, the light really washes it out, I will get some daylight pics up soon, once the new camera arrives, its very frustrating using a mobile phone

From
    Newport News, VA

Looking great!
    I know what you mean about lighting conditions making your pics look strange. A lot of times, I want to put up some nice progress pics of stuff I'm working on, then when I get them uploaded, I sit there and go. . . "but that's not what it looks like!!!" It can be frustrating. Fluorescent lights are the worst for picture taking, followed closely by "indoor nighttime" pics.

yeah these pics are indoors at night time really brightens up the green!!