Just like it says in the title really.
I'm as pleased as punch.
Many many thanks to Mardon and Micke
*EDIT* here's a mini-tutorial by Micke about how he carried out the work:
I really am so pleased with this. It's nice to have something turn up with all the hard work done. The colours and the damage look really very good IMO. Better in person, too.Micke wrote:
1.Bucket arrived. Very lightweight sturdy fiberglass casting. Very close sizewise to the MSH helmet. The key-slots were already cut out and no cleanup were needed. I glued on the earpieces on with a strong 2 part epoxy glue and sprayed it with some grey primer. The inside were spray painted Black.
2.I did a groove in the RF in order to attach the Stalk and glued in the clear RF piece. 2 holes were drilled on the top in order to fit 2 LEDís in there.
3.The main colors were custom mixed and painted on with a waterbased paint called Gouache. At this point the colors looks too bright, but the clearcoat that are gonna be added later will tone down the colors and make them appear darker.
4.Silverscratches are drawn on using 2 Pilot super color silver pens. I used 1 with a thin tip and another one with a little thicker tip.
5.I gently misted the helmet with some primer and black spray paint in order to dirty up the helmet.
6.The earpieces are masked and spraypainted with a Grafitti chrome spraypaint and then dulled with some steel-wool.
7.I used acrylic and water to dirty up the ear-pieces. I dipped some paper towels in the paint and applied it and after it dried, wiped some of it away.
9.Applied a dull clearcoat, making the silver areas appear less shiny and making the colors darker.
Micke was a joy to work with on this, kept me updated throughout with progress pics etc. He even sprayed the inside black to help combat light ingress.
I would recommend his work if you were thinking of getting someone else to paint your bucket. Very reasonable cost too considering he spent the best part of 10 days on it! PM me for further details if you'd like.
Hope you like.