Subscribe
  1. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Apr 13, 2006, 11:52 AM - Half Visors? Why?! #1

    Dear Rubies/Don Post,
    Why in your helmets do you have half of the visor transparent and the rest hard plastic which reduces the look of the helmet? I see that Rubies makes that super cheap Jango that comes in two pieces, but has the full visor... Let me ask you... why? Is it really that much cheaper? Even though your visors are extremely poor quality, I'm sure you could sell much more if you were to just put the full visor in.

    Sincerely,
    Everyone who has purchased your content.
  2. mrgr8ness's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,604
    Apr 13, 2006, 12:01 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #2

    The half visor(that you can see out of), is very cheap and flimsy. There is no way they could make a full visor from that stuff, because the helmet would be all floppl and not keep its shape. I think they do it just for cost efficiency. I have not seen a cheap 2 piece helmet, didn't know they came with a full visor.
  3. Ripcode's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,268
    Apr 13, 2006, 12:02 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #3

    Quote GCNgamer128 said:
    Dear Rubies/Don Post,
    Why in your helmets do you have half of the visor transparent and the rest hard plastic which reduces the look of the helmet? I see that Rubies makes that super cheap Jango that comes in two pieces, but has the full visor... Let me ask you... why? Is it really that much cheaper? Even though your visors are extremely poor quality, I'm sure you could sell much more if you were to just put the full visor in.

    Sincerely,
    Everyone who has purchased your content.
    Dear Valued Customer,

    We do it this way because it is cheaper (for us).

    Also most fans do not even care about the half visor. To them it is the full visor.

    Thank you for your interest!

    Rubies


  4. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Apr 13, 2006, 12:03 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #4

    Quote mrgr8ness said:
    The half visor(that you can see out of), is very cheap and flimsy. There is no way they could make a full visor from that stuff, because the helmet would be all floppl and not keep its shape. I think they do it just for cost efficiency. I have not seen a cheap 2 piece helmet, didn't know they came with a full visor.
    Unfortuantely I bought the cheap two piece before I knew about TDH. Sure www.starwars.com showed the actual movie used prop in order to sell me the helmet. The plastic is incredibly thin... I think that the package it came in is more stable than the helmet itself.
  5. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Apr 13, 2006, 12:04 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #5

    Quote Ripcode said:
    Dear Valued Customer,

    We do it this way because it is cheaper (for us).

    Also most fans do not even care about the half visor. To them it is the full visor.

    Thank you for your interest!

    Rubies


    ell oh ell! That is hilarious. "To them it is the full visor." . That is an answer I'd expect from Rubies too...
  6. mrgr8ness's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,604
    Apr 13, 2006, 12:06 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #6

    The flimsy visor on my DP96 was glued on a little crooked when I got it, so I tried to reposition it and it tore. This is like within 5 minutes of receiving it. I bought an acrylic visor the same day.
  7. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    Apr 13, 2006, 1:10 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #7

    i'm guessing it's for structural stability... having the helmet solid makes it more durable.

    and the comments about most people not noticing is probably correct. i've talked to non-costumer fans that think their rubies boba helmet is the coolest thing. if you aren't crazy-detailed about stuff, all you see is the character you love.

    it's only the "special" people that see every scratch, ding, and dent
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Apr 13, 2006, 1:22 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #8

    Quote tk7602 said:
    i'm guessing it's for structural stability... having the helmet solid makes it more durable.

    and the comments about most people not noticing is probably correct. i've talked to non-costumer fans that think their rubies boba helmet is the coolest thing. if you aren't crazy-detailed about stuff, all you see is the character you love.

    it's only the "special" people that see every scratch, ding, and dent
    Ell oh ell, that's becuase we're nerds and live off of Boba Fett. I always hate it when I go check out ebay out of curiosity and see people bidding on Rubies for scores of dollars.
  9. Apr 13, 2006, 2:06 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #9

    i bought a painted MS3 helmet with the full visor, and i cut it out and replaced it with the half visor becuase i thought the half visor was screen accurate
  10. Apr 13, 2006, 2:24 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #10

    ..ok, i re read that...and its not nearly as funny as it was i my head
  11. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Apr 13, 2006, 2:50 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #11

    Hah I got the joke
  12. Satxer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    838
    Apr 13, 2006, 5:26 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #12

    Quote GCNgamer128 said:
    I see that Rubies makes that super cheap Jango that comes in two pieces, but has the full visor...
    It has a full visor? I bought one for my custom mando but it didn't have a full visor.
  13. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Apr 13, 2006, 7:12 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #13

    Quote Satxer said:
    It has a full visor? I bought one for my custom mando but it didn't have a full visor.
    Really? I'll take a photo of mine...

    *webcam in 2-5 minutes*
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Apr 13, 2006, 7:15 PM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #14

    It has the full visor, but this is the two piece helmet.

  15. Apr 14, 2006, 10:24 AM - Re: Half Visors? Why?! #15

    I have to disagree on the 2 peice bucket.I have worked with a few of these helms, and if a little time is spent reinforcing them and repainting them they are actually cool helmets.They are awesome for making custom fetts.
    I did a custom imperial fett for a friend in canada and it looks really nice.
    Everyone has seen hard hats with football colors and logos.why not do it as a mandalorian football fan.People have done it with stormtrooper armor.(bengal trooper)
    I put it next to a fiberglass bucket and the size is pretty close, the only real difference is the dome part, but for the money it is a good start for a affordable bucket.
    As far as acrylic visors go, I hate em.No flexibility.I would rather use green, or smoked faceshields.They form to the curvature much better.
    Last edited by wickedbeard; Apr 14, 2006 at 10:29 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. my non SW half sleeve Tattoo
    By FettSniper in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 9, 2009, 11:18 AM
  2. t visors
    By Devin Jax in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Apr 13, 2009, 6:30 AM
  3. Half way through the process...
    By bamills in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sep 23, 2008, 10:55 PM
  4. For half of your leather needs...
    By Zam I Am in forum Zam Wesell Costume
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
  5. Half a Rifle Scope
    By Blastech in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 7, 2003, 9:24 AM