Got my helmet... *pics*

  1. #1
    Baddblood's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    Oakland, CA. USA
    Posts
    814

    Got my helmet... *pics*

    Hey there, how's it going? Good? Good!
    I finally got my DP Deluxe recast. I like the helmet and all but it's not at all what I expected, resin rangefinder and stalk glued into place, wrong ear decals, not as weathered as I thought it should be, but a few minutes with a toothpick fixed that *insert grin here* overall I think it's pretty cool, but I'm looking for some critisism on what I could improve upon...

    Pictures 4 posts down...
    Feedback welcome.

  2. #2

    Re: Got my helmet...

    Hey, just curious if it's the helmet you said you purchased from ebay on a previous post, here, and if it is how long did it take to get to you from the point of purchase to time of delivery. This would be the helmet that I purchased and I'm getting close to full blown freakin' out mode with the amount of time it's been since I bought it. The clock is ticking and I can't afford to wait much longer. The seller has been friendly, apologetic and quick to respond to e-mail, but I'm starting to feel as if smoke is starting to get blown up my a$$, and I'm not referring to my jet pack!!

  3. #3

    Re: Got my helmet...

    You can upload your pics on to Secol Fetts free site http://200.72.163.179/cdref/tdh/
    Like to see the pics of the helmet.

    Lynn

  4. #4
    Baddblood's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    Oakland, CA. USA
    Posts
    814

    Re: Got my helmet...


    The Anti-Hero wrote:

    Hey, just curious if it's the helmet you said you purchased from ebay on a previous post, here, and if it is how long did it take to get to you from the point of purchase to time of delivery. This would be the helmet that I purchased and I'm getting close to full blown freakin' out mode with the amount of time it's been since I bought it. The clock is ticking and I can't afford to wait much longer. The seller has been friendly, apologetic and quick to respond to e-mail, but I'm starting to feel as if smoke is starting to get blown up my a$$, and I'm not referring to my jet pack!!
    Yeah it's the same one, I bought it quite some time ago and I too was getting worried, took almost a month to get it. But it was all settled, don't worry he takes a while but you'll get your helmet.


    Lynn TXP 0369 wrote:

    You can upload your pics on to Secol Fetts free site http://200.72.163.179/cdref/tdh/
    Like to see the pics of the helmet.

    Lynn
    Thank you.

    - Jorge

  5. #5
    Baddblood's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    Oakland, CA. USA
    Posts
    814

    Re: Got my helmet...

    Ignore the Bender...

    Ohh yeah, look at the sexy fisherman in the reflexion.

    Yup, wrong decal, resin ear piece, I want to replace that too.

    Silk screen added in the keyhole area.

    Cracked earpice, gold on top of silver, wrong ear decal, resin RF and stalk glued into place. I need to find replacements.

    Like I said, It's not what I expected but I like it... if it only had the flare of the MSH. Thanks for the hosting.
    - Jorge

  6. #6

    Re: Got my helmet...

    Thanks for the encouraging words. I feel somewhat better for now. Perhaps only half full blown freak out mode . It's been about a month now, so maybe it will be here any day now. Thanks again.

  7. #7
    Baddblood's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    Oakland, CA. USA
    Posts
    814

    Re: Got my helmet...

    I still suggest you contact him, just don't seem too impatient.

    Anyway, no words of critisim? Praise? Anything? Not even on my mondo cool Bending unit in the background?

    "If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all"

  8. #8

    Re: Got my helmet...

    Whoops...sorry about that. To me it looks great. Just the reason why I allegedly got one. The pics are a little faded looking, but the first one is the clearest, and the weathering looks great to me. Especially the detail on the mandible part. Even with the minor inaccuracies you have pointed out, this seems to be a fine bucket indeed to me.

  9. #9
    b.fett
    Guest

    Re: Got my helmet... *pics*

    It doesn't look that bad to me. It's still a far improvement over a DP97!
    I think it's not a bad bucket at all, minus the cracked earpiece. Once you fix that up.. You'll have a nice bucket to wear on your coconut!


  10. #10

    Re: Got my helmet... *pics*


    b.fett wrote:

    Once you fix that up.. You'll have a nice bucket to wear on your coconut!
    I never realized how funny the word coconut could be.

  11. #11

    Member Since
    Aug 2003
    From
    Tennessee
    Posts
    218

    Re: Got my helmet... *pics*

    This is the same helmet that I bought on ebay a month and a half ago. Glad to see you got yours, maybe there is still hope for mine. Is the helmet padded on the inside, and is it easy to wear?


    TK0907/Chris

Similar Threads

  1. NEW ZAM HELMET ! ...More new pics!
    By judz dwedd in forum Zam Wesell Costume
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 4 Days Ago, 4:56 PM
  2. ESB helmet pics?
    By volkerc in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 29, 2007, 7:21 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2006, 9:01 PM
  4. Helmet done w/pics
    By Captain4434 in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jun 6, 2003, 2:45 PM
  5. My Helmet with updated pics -** jeremy wears my helmet**
    By ukscout in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 23, 2003, 3:15 AM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •