Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GONZO FETT's LOST bucket

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

GONZO FETT's LOST bucket

UPDATE 3-22-06 OH MY GOD!!!! it arrived!!! GONZO has her buckt!!

see pics below!!!!!!!

It is with great sadness that I make this post. As many of you know I painted GONZO FETTS new ESB bucket over the last 2 months. On thursday the 9th I mailed her bucket USPS priority mail. As of Today 12 days later she has not received it. I have been to the post office and at this point I must say it is LOST in the mail .....The post office told me that I can not file a insurance claim for 21 days so I will have to wait to make this claim.

The worst part about this is that GONZO has no bucket and all the time that she has waited and I spent painting is lost!!!

I will not go into all the details GONZO and I have worked out but at this point we believe a happy ending is around the corner.

I will soon be getting a NEW bucket for GONZO and a fresh paint job will be done!!!!

I will be posting some updates on her new bucket soon!!!

GONZO..thanks for your understanding!!!

by the way here is the missing bucket...if you or any of your friends see this MISSING BUCKET CALL THE POLICE!!!!!! LOL

here is the original thread on her bucket
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=11693
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_2323-jpg  
    Last edited by DarthMiller; Mar 22, 2006 at 6:49 PM.

From
    Palatine, IL

Re: GONZO FETT's LOST bucket

Wow...frustrating,frustrating! That's a beautiful bucket . Maybe it'll show up some day.

you know, it might just be taking that long. I have noticed that in the last several weeks (and I receive boxes on a daily basis from my company) things have taken nearly TWICE as long to get...I can't imagine what the USPS rate is...just keep an eye open. If Gonzo doesn't live next to a large metropolitan city, sometimes it takes much longer to dessiminate to the other smaller suburbs or cities.

From
    Jersey

Oh no That's horrible.. Hopefully it shows up.. I too have had some USPS packages take forever to arrive lately.. I even had one that was supposedly 'lost' show up two months later.. Of course the box looked like it had been used as a football and ripped to shreds.. Luckily the item inside was fine, but I always did wonder what it went through on it's way to me..

I hope it shows up.. and hopefully doesn't resemble my football box when it does..

From
    San Antonio,Tx

That really bites the big one! Some UPS manager is probably sporting it right now making his deliveries.What could Fett do for you!Hope that it comes safe to you all in the end! I'll go postal on that mofo.

From
    Austin, Tx

Sorry to hear that, that is totaly lame.

-Tony Vida; TK 3204; Austin, Tx

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

thanks for all the kind words.....I hope you guys are right and it shows up!!!!

From
    Southern California

I hope it is recovered so that you don't have to go through painting it all over again

Damn Im really sorry to hear this . .that just plain sucks. The pics of the helmet look fantastic and its a huge shame that all the time and effort put into such a nice paintjob has gone

I am nervously awaiting delivery of a helmet from the states but Ive been tracking it using its tracking ID number and it really does give peace of mind. My biggest worry is opening the box to find its been totally wrecked due to bad handling. My bucket had been sitting at customs over the weekend so I am also expecting a hefty customs charge

I would always recommend people use tracking and insurance when sending and recieving items.

Hopefully it may turn up one day.

That really sucks.
    I can't see how they could loose a package that size.

DUDE CLIFF IS RUNNING AROUND WEARIN GONZO'S Helmet????

From
    Under Fett custody

Man, I can understand them losing maybe some envelope mail. Perhaps a magazine or two. But a big box? Man that sucks.

Account Deactivated

Seeing as how I'm the only one that saw this Bucket up close I thought I would chime in.
    To date this is/WAS the best bucket that Darthmiller painted. He's come a long way with painting these things.
    Like me you tend to get attached to these buckets once you start painting them, so getting lost in the mail is truely heartbreaking.
    I know it's just a piece of Fiberglass, but in the end these things become works of art, and there is truely no amount of money for time and desire that is put into these things.

SO Gonzo.. as DMiller has stated it looks like we have found an alternative route to fix this.....I look foward to helping out on that one.

P.S....I stole your bucket and it will be on EBAY NEXT WEEK... .

Best of Luck.

From
    Muskegon, Michigan

Aw man... that hurts!

I feel for both DM and Gonzo!

From
    North Bay, Ontario

12 days isnt' too bad. When I send stuff out it usually takes 10 business days.

From
    Muskegon, Michigan

Excalibur said:
    12 days isnt' too bad. When I send stuff out it usually takes 10 business days.
    But it was sent Priority which "normally" takes 2 to 3 business days.

From
    East Bay Area, California

You gotta love the USPS. I can't tell you the amount of trouble we've had with them either in the office, or even at home. It's just goes to show you that even something we take for granted like mail can get all messed up!

Gonzo and DMiller, I sincerly hope the bucket is just delayed in transit and will arrive shortly. I know it is very difficult to wait for an item like this and delays make the wait even worse.

I just hope this is a case that it is delayed.

Please keep us updated!

oh no! perhaps there was some sort of problem with the address, and it will make its way back to you?

i ordered some part... i don't even remember what... and my address got messed up. so it took it about 2 weeks to make it back to the sender.

I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    From
    Fear and Loathing in a Galaxy farther...away...

Thank you all for your kind words. I really do feel for DM in all of this. He put alot of sweat and tears into that work of art.
    I just can't accept that the post office just up and lost it. I mean TK7602 I mailed you out that package w/ the beacon and it got to you no problem and that is from west to east coast.
    I live only 30min from L.A. (california) .. 10min from the Ontario Airport. Granted Texas isn't a hop skip and a jump away, but neither DM's or my cities are bunkin' areas.
    *sigh*
    This along w/ all the other crap that has hit the fan this week isn't making this month one to remember.

Thank you DM, Spidey, and all the other good deed do'ers. I am beyond words in my graditude toward you all.

Account Deactivated cookiemongoloid's Avatar
    From
    U.S. California

I am really sorry for that loss. It looked like a great helmet. Just curios, what was it?

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Im sure it will turn up eventually, or this predicament will work out for the best. These things usually do. Outstanding paint job by the way.

-tubachris
    (Who says to look around at the local bums, 'cause I sighted one about 5 years ago wearing a beaten up Boba Fett helmet walking down the street.....craziest thing a man can ever see)

That is awful, i was worried when i purchased my jumpsuit and accessories from germany, took awhile for it to arrive but i was patient and it finally came.

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

It was a MS1

cookiemongoloid said:
    I am really sorry for that loss. It looked like a great helmet. Just curios, what was it?

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

DarthMiller said:
    It was a MS1
    Oh, man that makes it even worse.
    I'm sure it will get back to you though, I once had a package take 3 months to deliver.

From
    Virginia

Ohh damn. I cant even imagine what this would feel like, I mean I'v lost packages in the mail but nothing major like this. In fact, I just got one yesterday that was shipped about 3 in a half weeks ago. But I'm sure your bucket will turn up sometime(probably after you get a new one)

[XthreeXstrikesX]