Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Mar 2, 2007, 6:01 PM - Re: Golden Armor Fett Kit (Pic Heavy) #26

Okay, I've done a little more cleanup today to the interior, filed the edges of the eyes, and did an initial attempt to square off the cheeks, so I hope I understood what I was reading. I did a little bit of filework and sanding to bring out the visor detail a wee bit more.

After looking at the paint tutorial, I'm going, "What am I getting myself into?" I'm not quite prepared to go headlong (or headstrong) into such an elaborate paint scheme at this point, so if anyone's interested, I posted this FS/FT in The Cargo Hold. I need to get back to my Vaders, but at some point I will rejoin you guys with a more screen-sized dome kit after I've gotten all these Vader kits out of the way....

... Darth Incomplete, Darth Unfinished, and Darth Are-U-Slacking are calling at me from out in the shop.
    Mar 2, 2007, 6:17 PM - Re: Golden Armor Fett Kit (Pic Heavy) #27

THAT IS Golden Armors 'SUPER ACCURATE DARTH VADER FACEPLATE DESIGNED TO FIT ANAKIN'S BURNT FACE' deluxe edition helmet.
  3. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Mar 2, 2007, 7:00 PM - Re: Golden Armor Fett Kit (Pic Heavy) #28

u did a great job cleaning that bucket up. It will make a great addition to your desk
    Mar 2, 2007, 8:49 PM - Re: Golden Armor Fett Kit (Pic Heavy) #29

Someone spoke for it in the Classifieds. But I thought I'd share with you what I managed to do with the Golden Armor Vader. You saw all that "parmesean cheese" and "cottage cheese". What I found out was that the head's mounting system was packed with "cheese" because he couldn't lay the FG cloth in that area. After attemting to hollow the mounting system out, it turns out it was just pure resin left. I decided to destroy the skullcap and start over.

What you see is a skull cap built out of AquaMend, which is a marine FG repair epoxy putty which I have found invaluable in various projects. It's great not only for holes but for building structure.

After sanding down the interior as much as I could, I pasted it with marine epoxy. AquaMend can be pressed against and into the facemask's interior, and because it does not stick to wet hands, you can smoothe it out with wet fingers. The result here is a facemask that is safer to wear -- and stronger.

So there *is* hope.

Here is a review of various putties and pastes including the aforementioned AquaMend:

http://www.aokforums.com/thepropden/...-about432.html

Thanks for all the kind encouragement and feedback, folks. If that gentleman takes this kit off my hands, I'll work on my Vader kits. Once I'm done and come back up for air, it'll be Boba Fett time for me. You'll see me in the future.

The fuuuutoooreeee.