Subscribe
    Aug 12, 2012, 3:07 AM - Fully working helmet electronics show off #1

Got this finished today and had to share it! My dream of a fully working helmet has been realized, I've been working on this alongside the rest of my suit and I'm thrilled with how its turned out! The helmet is a FP budget CC from Asok, beautiful base! I have a paint progress thread up on here as well.
    Quick explanation of the electronic components, a self contained voice amp/modulator made from a radio shack amp board, a 1 1/2" speaker attached behind the dental node, a headset mic cut apart and wired into a power box with on/off switch. Working range finder lights, two flashing red and one solid green wired to a mercury tilt switch and button cell battery box. Finally a Hyperdyne servo control board and Hi-Tec 4.8v servo with a power switch and two momentary switch activation system. Enough detail ****, on with the video!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/travsall/new%20random/764892ce.mp4

And a couple pics of the inside

One outside with the RF down

For fun a shot of my MOW jetpack

And my armor set from Imperial Outpost Armory (RedKraytDragon) all paint work helmet to jetpack is done by myself.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Aug 12, 2012, 3:09 AM - Fully working helmet electronics show off #2

Pics and vid working now
  3. Aug 12, 2012, 8:59 AM - Re: Fully working helmet electronics show off #3

Nice! Love that its all self contained.

Also, i dont know if you can can help, since your not local,but i have the same rangefinder servo kit from hyperdyne, but i cant get it to work. It also has a wireless remote. Im a complete electronics idiot lol..you think theres any way you good help me figure it out?
    Aug 12, 2012, 3:04 PM - Fully working helmet electronics show off #4

Thanks man! I'm no master at this stuff or anything but I might be able to help What servo are you using? Brand name, model number if you have it, voltage etc. You're doing a remote hookup correct? So you got a little button fob with the board right? Have you done any soldering on the 9 pins of the board yet? One big thing is it works a whole lot better if the switches/remote lines don't touch at all. Post here or feel free to shoot me a pm and we'll try to get it goin!
  5. Aug 12, 2012, 3:29 PM - Re: Fully working helmet electronics show off #5

Yep got a key fob thingy with the buttons. I got it second hand from someone who said they never got around to hooking it up, but some soldering was done. I'll shoot ya a PM with some pics so we dont clog up your thread here. thanks for any help bud.
    Aug 12, 2012, 4:46 PM - Fully working helmet electronics show off #6

Okay, sounds good to me, pics will definitely help. Second hand shouldn't be a problem, with some soldering done it could make for possible issues, but they can be fixed usually
    Nov 3, 2012, 12:51 PM - Re: Fully working helmet electronics show off #7

Neat stuff! Which amp/voice modulator did you use? In what ways can you modulate the voice output?