FPH Range Finder Ear 'Twist'?

From
    Corbin, Ky

FPH Range Finder Ear 'Twist'?

I've been looking at pics of the FPH helmets and noticed there is a definite 'twist' between the top and bottom halves of the rangefinder ear piece. Was this designed into the sculpt to simulate the AOSW helmet exclusively? Pics of the AOSW helmet show the misalignment of the two pieces, but it seems to be due to the fact that the top portion of the RF earpiece has become partially unhinged from the helmet. All screen shots of the ESB bucket that I can find show the two pieces aligning properly. Here's a couple of pics of what I'm talking about. I've used two pics from Superjedi's 'Madmartigan Paint Up Thread' to illustrate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fph-rf-ear-1-jpg   fph-rf-ear-2-jpg  

Re: FPH Range Finder Ear 'Twist'?

I know fettpride designed that characteristic into the FPH helmet based off those pictures, now whether there's a discrepancy as to how the ear piece "sat" on the the helmet originally, I guess that would be open for debate.

From
    Newport News, VA

Good question!
    Here are a couple of the HD screencaps from the TDH archive. (Pretty sure that's where they came from.)
    It seems to me that "twist" was present at the time of filming.

From
    Fort Worth, TX

I remember making that comment to SpideyFett when the aluminum earpieces came out. I'm sure he'll chime in, but he, DarthMiller and Justin all produced a few closeups of the C4 exhibits that showed this anomaly in sharp detail. So FP incorporated it into his design.

From
    Roanoke, TX

We belived it to be there but anyone who has an FPH that wants this removed can simply sand and bondo that earcap connection to make it face what ever way they want. Some photos can play tricks on you, so alot of the details that were added into the FPH were from discussions between FP, Spidey, DM and my self. We went over what we noticed in person and FP made notes of these things on the pics that we all took. That same detail to a slightly lesser degree is in the MR helmet prototype and I think its still there on the final MR Fett helmet. But as I said, to a lesser degree.