Heya brothers and sisters,
hereīs another paintjob I started after salamanderkingīs helmet is ready now.
This one will be an ESB too, as collector goes for a SE.
Step 1 - Cut out the visor and drilled the holes for the ears
Step 2 - Base lightgrey/white, then silver
Step 3 - Dark grey cheeks and dome, lighter grey on Mandibles and trim
Step 4 - Purple on Mandibles and trim
The grey looks a bit too light but I took the pictures with flash so it lightened up a bit. :-)
Now on to the red layer!
Step 5 - Red Mandibles and trim
Just a quick shot because I am already doing the next step.
The red is on and just needs some rubbing with wire wool #0000 to tone down a bit.
Step 6 - Backpanels Creme & Green, dome and lower cheeks green
The backpanels are painted and the green layer on dome and lower cheeks is on too.
No weathering yet, but that will follow very soon and will change the overall look a lot!
Next step will be the black on the upper cheeks.
Step 7 - Black on the upper cheeks
I am always surprised how much the black sprayed upper cheeks do change the look of the entire helmet. The visor is the original, just taped in for a better look.
Next step is painting the ears and connecting them using the but & bolt technique as usual.