FP Budget helmet in COLD CAST!

asok

Well-Known Hunter
As some of you saw I bought FP's Budget Boba helmet mold and wondered what I was going to do with. Well, the wait is over. I have always wanted a cold cast Boba helmet that I can troop in. Now I can make my cold cast Boba helmet.

Some of the items that I like about helmet:
  • MQ-1 board cast info keyslots - with in cast in, to me there is more room in the helmet
  • Ears molded in - Now I don't need to worry if they are on right!

Last night I got the first cast done. What do you think?
helmet01.jpg
helmet02.jpg
helmet04.jpg
The shine was from a few minute with some #0000 steel wool
helmet03.jpg

helmet05.jpg
RF01.jpg
RF02.jpg
RF03.jpg
The lens is a copy of a real SX-70 lens
RF05.jpg
RF04.jpg

After a few minutes with my new palm sander.
helmet06.jpg
helmet07.jpg
helmet08.jpg
helmet07.jpg

Stalk1.jpg
Stalk2.jpg
Stalk3.jpg

helmet09.jpg
helmet10.jpg

If you think you might want one and would like to be put on a list to get one, please email me at email.jpg I am using the ticket system at the 187th Legion to help me not lose anybody. The price will $175 shipped in the US. I will post more info in the cargo hold later.

helmet11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
those kits are going to be super nice. looks like i'd better try to open up some time soon!

What I like about this in CC is for those that can't swing aluminum ears, there's almost kind of a consolation prize here. ;)

Yeah id have thort there isnt much question on the liniage of these , plus to write Asok above sound simple enough but it would consit of making a new mold or scalpeling it out of the sillicon which really wouldnt be advised guess you could brand it in but most sills have a resistance of up to 185 degress sellcious

Asok, I'd be in for one as soon as you are ready to sell em!!! :) My wife is definitely going to look at me funny, but oh well she kinda does that anyway...

If I get this one I will have 4... and I haven't built out my storage closet yet for my fetts and other SW Universe costumes and weapons and other stuff... Once I build that I should have plenty of storage space for everything...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back