When I started this crazy odyssey the main thing that I was looking forward to tackling was the helmet. So I got a CC budget bucket from Asok and dove right in. It was much more daunting than I could have ever imagined and much more difficult than I thought. To say I was naïve about it would be an understatement.
I used the templates from the site and sized them as close as I could manage, but it was still just amazingly harsh. I am a first timer and this is done with spray paint, and I know they are nowhere near perfect… but I thought I would share anyway. So be gentle.
It’s obviously not done yet and it's not really accurate, but I’m still happy with the results so far.
I still have to do small detail work, the mandibles, the ears, and weathering... not to mention adding the RF stalk and the visor.