Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    Mar 3, 2008, 1:37 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #126

*applause*

Bravo!
    Mar 3, 2008, 4:32 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #127

8) The visor looks great... The whole thing looks great... :thumbup

you could adjust the colour of the visor depenting on the day. (lighter for the night, darker for a real sunny day..)
  3. Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Mar 3, 2008, 4:46 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #128

Now that's a cool shot, with you wearing it!

It would be completely awesome if you would be wearing the complete true costume to go with it! 8)

Stupefied !
    Mar 3, 2008, 6:46 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #129

Quote Mojo-Fett said: View Post
    Totally freakin awesome bro...
    Keep up the good work...
    Thanks Mojo! I will!
    Quote TransMando said: View Post
    *applause*

Bravo!

Quote coennie said: View Post
    8) The visor looks great... The whole thing looks great... :thumbup

you could adjust the colour of the visor depenting on the day. (lighter for the night, darker for a real sunny day..)
    Yeah, planning to put in that light adjusting lens material used for prescription glasses...

Quote Marcly said: View Post
    It would be completely awesome if you would be wearing the complete true costume to go with it! 8)
    That would indeed make a nice gift for let's say, my birthday?!?!?

UPDATE:

Doesn't look like a lot of progress, but the details on the back are driving me LOOOOOOONEY!!! Here's a few shots before I hit the sack:

I don't know how some of you guys do the paint job so quick and accurate. That is truely awesome to me!
    For now, my eyes and myself desperately need to have a rest!

Laterrrr!

ZzZzZZzzZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzz......
    Last edited by AntMan; Mar 3, 2008 at 7:12 PM. Reason: bad spelling
  5. Member Since
    May 2006
    Mar 3, 2008, 7:15 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #130

All I can say is that the helmet looks incredible! The shape of the dome is dead on. The paintwork speaks for itself.
  6. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Mar 4, 2008, 12:20 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #131

Most skillful, i don't suppose you might be up for a commission at all? I've got a post up on the Helmet thread if your at all interested!

Regards
    Mar 8, 2008, 6:42 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #132

Quote SD68 said: View Post
    All I can say is that the helmet looks incredible!

The shape of the dome is dead on. The paintwork speaks for itself.
    Thanks man! How 'bout your batting helmet? I (and a whole bunch of other folks) would love to see it finished.

Quote Khargrim said: View Post
    Most skillful, i don't suppose you might be up for a commission at all? I've got a post up on the Helmet thread if your at all interested!
    Regards
    Buy me time and I will make you an army of those! Sorry dude, this ol' bucket is taking up all of my spare time. Cool idea for a cossie, what is it called?

UPDATE:

I think I finished the back section. Holy pepperoni! All the intricate detail drove me insane (I probably wasn't to far away from that to begin with ) and all that late night painting almost made me go blind. But it's done! Well... except for the weathering/tone wash. But that shouldn't be as difficult as the paintjob.
    Anyways, here's a load of pictures I took during the day. Enjoy!

Triangles all rusty 'n' dusty; inspired by SpideyFett's paintjob for JB:

Proof it's really cardboard:

Checking the time on the Old Church:

Last one for today:

Next up is to start some work on the dome. Should be tricky enough... the shape being round and all. Hard to pinpoint the damage. But what the hey. I've come this far!

Back soon!
    Peter 8)

"With great power comes great responsibility"
    Mar 8, 2008, 6:51 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #133

Peter... :thumbup
    If my FPH I'm painting comes out half as good I shall be very happy!!!

Be proud to wear that lid bro... great artwork and attention to detail?
  9. Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Mar 9, 2008, 3:33 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #134

Time well spent, great job maatje
    They say patience is a virtue, this thread is proof of that!
    Mar 9, 2008, 6:50 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #135

you could start to work part-time and start a business in this...

Almost ready
    Mar 12, 2008, 8:13 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #136

Quote Mojo-Fett said: View Post
    Peter... :thumbup
    If my FPH I'm painting comes out half as good I shall be very happy!!!
    Be proud to wear that lid bro... great artwork and attention to detail?
    Thanks bruv, I very much appreciate your generous compliments. But you're not so bad yourself ... kudo's 2u2 mate! ThnxThnx!
    Time well spent, great job maatje
    They say patience is a virtue, this thread is proof of that!
    This young grashopper is still learning all there is to know about mastering the delicate art of patience . Dankjewel gozer! Blijf kijken he!
    you could start to work part-time and start a business in this...
    Almost ready
    Hmmm..... but whom would be interested in this ol' bucket?

UPDATE:

It's been a little while but here are some progress shots from my latest crafting.
    Before painting up the dome, I decided it was time to think about the MQ-1 circuit board. I figured, since I comitted to cardboard for this project, I have to stick to that. And so I did (once again).
    First off, I printed out the very helpful template by W:thumbupF. The detail on the MQ-1 panel is also quite challengeing. But once it is placed behind the key slots, not much of that is going to show so I guessed I could cut myself some slack and make it less detailed. Here's what I came up with, see for yourself:

First I drew out the main board and started on the CPU with all the connectors:

Next the resistor units and the board slits:

More detail; daylight shot:

Here's where I put on the connectors between the upper and lower part of the circuit board; and also punched some holes and slits and finished the lower part (I like the details on the screw):

And finally a comparison shot of the final piece:

That should be good enough to install behind the keyslots. After I seal, primer and paint it up ofcourse!

Let me know what you think.

Greetings from Delft,
    Peter

Mar 12, 2008, 8:42 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #137

That is simply beautifu!!! That circuit board looks 100% better that some of the casting I have seen and have bought! Excellent work! Thank you for sharing your progress, I am amazed every time I look at this thread.

Alan
  13. Admin Staff obi sean kenobi's Avatar
    Mar 12, 2008, 10:36 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #138

Dude, are you kidding me??????????????????????
    A cardboard MQ-1 Board????????????
    Wow. WOw. WOW. WOW.
    Wait til Braks sees this.
    You sir, are incredible.
    One of the coolest things I have EVER seen on TDH.
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Mar 13, 2008, 12:06 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #139

Man, I hate to break it to you, but this helmet totally.............ROCKS. haha.

Its really really great. I have been watching this thread since day one and this has been by far one of the best Cardboard builds ever!
    Mar 13, 2008, 12:24 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #140

This might be my favorite progress thread on TDH, ever.

Peter, I'm glad you started this project, I'm happy you're sharing your progress with us, and I'm just really impressed with your talent and execution.

That MQ-1 board comparison picture is a wonderful example of how the free flow of information, tips and encouragement here can yield great results, and be an inspiration to others.

Mar 13, 2008, 3:26 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #141

8) Talk about raising the bar
  17. Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Mar 13, 2008, 3:48 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #142

Mwah, I gues it doesn't look that bad...

Cutting yourself some slack, really now?
    Are you sure you're satisfied that quickly??

Circuitboards out of cardboard..., it's both board I guess...

Tip: rename this thread to 'how to make the impossible possible'
    Mar 16, 2008, 6:58 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #143

Quote wizardofflight said: View Post
    Thank you for sharing your progress, I am amazed every time I look at this thread.

Alan
    Thanks for looking Alan. Half the fun on this forum is the responses I get from all of you guys. Please keep looking!
    Quote obi sean kenobi said: View Post
    Dude, are you kidding me??????????????????????
    One of the coolest things I have EVER seen on TDH.
    No sir, I am not! Thanks for the compliment OSK, it's cool to have cool stuff I guess . I'm just glad I can share here on TDH!
    Quote 987654321a said: View Post
    Man, I hate to break it to you, but this helmet totally.............ROCKS. haha.
    What! Hey, you gotta be kidd........... oh, phew! Thought you were dissin' me there for a sec bro . Thanks!
    Quote Count Dookie said: View Post
    This might be my favorite progress thread on TDH, ever.
    Peter, I'm glad you started this project, I'm happy you're sharing your progress with us, and I'm just really impressed with your talent and execution.
    :o :o :o T h a n k s ! :o :o
    Quote Count Dookie said: View Post
    That MQ-1 board comparison picture is a wonderful example of how the free flow of information, tips and encouragement here can yield great results, and be an inspiration to others.
    YES!!, I'm totally with you on that CD! Goes without saying that I couldn't have come this far if it weren't for that exactly! So THANKS to all of TDH and their contributors. TDH is a great place to visit due to its very talented and sharing members. Here here !!!

8) Talk about raising the bar
    What bar? The one on the 25th floor at our office? Or the barbell in the gym? I can do 250 lbs on that! Well, at least I could... about 10 years ago. Thanks dude!
    Mwah, I gues it doesn't look that bad...
    Tip: rename this thread to 'how to make the impossible possible'
    Thanks man! If I only could find someone to rename
    that misspelled "bukcet" in the title I would be happy

UPDATE:

To be able to install the board behind the keyslots, I built a box type of thingy to fit around it. Here's what I mean, look:

Next I primered and painted the MQ-1 board:

To be glued on the inside of the helmet. Now you see it..... :

.....and now you don't:

Rear view:

That's it, for now.
    Please forgive me for sort of "over-posting" with pics, but I assume that images say more than words

Thanks for looking and
    until next time.
    Peter 8)

19. Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Mar 17, 2008, 3:59 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #144

Mooi hoor!

Apr 2, 2008, 1:49 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #145

This has been one of the most amazing work i have ever seen.
    Absolutly fantastic work all around., especially the MQ-1 board.
    Thanks for sharing your work.
    Apr 2, 2008, 2:01 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #146

Peter... First rate bro... :thumbup

Lovin the MQ-1 installation... in fact the board itself is awesome! 8)
    Apr 3, 2008, 5:44 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #147

stunned, completely stunned.

i am at a loss for words. All i can say is....brilliant
    Apr 6, 2008, 10:10 PM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #148

Hello Antman! Since you kindly replied to my thread, I am returning the favor. You are a great artist and have the most impressive Boba-lid in my opinion. I have a small question: In the WOF templates, what is the long piece that says "Inner Surface" on it used for? Do you think it is necessary? Thank you!
    Apr 21, 2008, 6:03 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #149

It's been a while since the last update of this thread, but finally here is some news. Be it not so good, or......... see for yourself.

I've been wanting to finish the paint job on this cardboard build but somehow I got stuck due to lack of proper reference material (CD templates) and time. And in the mean time I decided to start a second build, which also kind of put this one in second place. Still I felt obligated to finish this, as I owe it to many of you out there following my progress. So one day I said to myself "Just work with what you can find on TDH and put in some personal touches." First I had to clear my mind and took the CAT-CAT for a walk around the block:

Unsuspecting anything I just let CAT do his business...

But what light through yonder alley breaks? Surprise! My very own unaltered clone gave me a scare!

He put on the unfinished helmet and snuck upon good old pops:

Hah! Trying to scare the old man huh? Well..... it worked a litlle bit... all good fun....

.....'till DISASTER struck!!! He accidentally tripped and fell, with the helmet on!!

***!

Oh NO!!

As if it couldn't get any worse, he just kept spinning and rolling.....D'OOOOOOH!!!!

I dare not look how this ends!

All that hard work. building and painting.... crimony! Praying that the damage will not be critical!

Huh?! What's that I feel with my feet?

Oh no...oh no....OH NOOOO!!!

BOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHY ME!!!??!!
    (notice that my kid is also in agony)

Sniff.... hey.....wait a second........huh?.....

No.....it can't be.....

Look at this!! Goodness gracious!

It's damaged, but unbelievably in all the right places! It is a MIRACLE!!!!

YEAH! Fortune be with us!!! Good job son!!!

Hugs and kisses!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!

A thourough examination of the helmet damage revealed that the newly added scratches are exactly placed in the correct area's. Sort of. This is incredible. This saves me a lot of paintwork!

So here it finally is, my interpretation and tribute to the WOF templates, the Count Dookie paint schemes and all of TDH's freely shared information on the Boba Fett helmet, "enriched" with a few of my personal touches.

Eventhough it is not screen accurate (dislocated dent, a bit too small of a dome, etc.), I am proud to have built this first lid. And I enjoyed sharing the progress here on TDH! Thank you all for your wonderfull comments and constructive criticism!

AntMan 8)

Note: Please don't try any of these stunts depicted in above photo's at home! All actions are performed by higly trained and extremely skilled persons.
    No persons and/or small animals were hurt during the process of photographing above situations. You have the right to remain silent, but the duty to reply!

Last edited by AntMan; Apr 21, 2008 at 9:25 AM. Reason: Disclaimer added :lol
    Apr 21, 2008, 6:59 AM - Re: First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! #150

okay... that cat-cat thing has to be one of the funniest things i've seen in a long time haha

great bucket! cheers!