Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Jul 4, 2013, 1:58 PM - first helmet WIP #1

so i really wanted to make a helmet and this is the first one i have made, i tried 3 times with trial and error and heres what i got so far. please criticize me all you want because i want the feedback to improve the helmet, thanks guys

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	557.7 KB 
ID:	70010
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	565.8 KB 
ID:	70011
    Jul 5, 2013, 12:59 AM - Re: first helmet WIP #2

The first major problem in your build is the cardboard type you choose; the best is to use some 'for sale' signs or in my case I used advertise/promotional panels used mostly in food stores. Here is my build using my own templates ==> Rafal Works Helmet (RWH) v2 Helmet Templates and Build - this thread contains the template files but also a generic step-by-step instruction to build your own helmet. If you want to use WOF's templates (which you already did), here are the best build threads made by AntMan ==> First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! and AntMan's Second Cardboard Scratch Build. I hope these helps!
  3. Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Jul 5, 2013, 1:09 AM - Re: first helmet WIP #3

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    The first major problem in your build is the cardboard type you choose; the best is to use some 'for sale' signs or in my case I used advertise/promotional panels used mostly in food stores. Here is my build using my own templates ==> Rafal Works Helmet (RWH) v2 Helmet Templates and Build - this thread contains the template files but also a generic step-by-step instruction to build your own helmet. If you want to use WOF's templates (which you already did), here are the best build threads made by AntMan ==> First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard! and AntMan's Second Cardboard Scratch Build. I hope these helps!
    That did so much thank you. I'm going to bondo the one I have up and see of I can sand it to make it look right. I'll keep the thread updated with my progress