Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The first ESB helmet I have painted.

From
    Curitiba, Brazil

Re: The first ESB helmet I have painted.

May be some time ill have those skills, congrats man!!

I think it looks amazing.. id like to try my hand at painting a helmet one day...id strive for mine to come anywhere near as nice as this one.

From
    Oxfordshire, England

Quality, nothing else to say

From
    Tijuana B.C. Mexico

Looks pretty awesome for your first one

From
    US

That is some killer detail work! Fantastic job!

From
    Bellingham, Wa.

You mentioned that you followed the Rogue Studios paint list using the Testors 'Model Masters' Acrylic paints. I also asked if you free handed all the battle damage, which you confirmed you did (AWESOME job, really) my next questions is did you apply with a paintrush or Airbrush or both? Any tips/tricks/pointers appreciated. Also did you use the stencils for guides or just eyeball it?
    -Aaron

From
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

Very nicely done...truly a fantastic job. Hopefully whenever I get to painting a helmet it will look this good.

From
    Orlando, FL

mayeraaron said: View Post
    You mentioned that you followed the Rogue Studios paint list using the Testors 'Model Masters' Acrylic paints. I also asked if you free handed all the battle damage, which you confirmed you did (AWESOME job, really) my next questions is did you apply with a paintrush or Airbrush or both? Any tips/tricks/pointers appreciated. Also did you use the stencils for guides or just eyeball it?
    -Aaron

I did not use the Model Masters line, I used all Floquil enamel paints except in a few spots. The base colors were airbrushed on. The concrete color on the back was painted on first, and then I used liquid mask and then airbrushed the Euro 1 Dark green(this one was model masters) over it. I also misted the dunkelblau (also madel masters) over it to give it the bluish tones where I wanted it. I then pulled the masking off to show the concrete under. The silver was painted on with a very fine brush by hand, no stencils just done free hand. The grey colors were painted on over the silver, again with a small brush. I dull coated the entire helmet and then went back with silver again and put some small bright silver details in to have the different colors of silver the helmet has. After that was all said and done I went in with some paint on the tip of a brush and just blew on it really hard to give the silver and rust colored splatters I wanted. I also did it with the red color on the manidibles where the silver looked too uniform to sort of break it up a bit. I also airbrushed a bit of that dark grey you see around the dent all over the helmet in spots to give the base colors more depth and the burn marks from the dent.

From
    Orlando, FL

Oh and the brown color on the RF ear is actually the rattle can color since I couldn't get Floquil color in time to get it done.

And the little black dot and T on the RF cap were hand painted as there wern't decals for it.

The decals I got were for the kill stripes, black and white arches for the RF cap and the white arch and E shapped things on the other ear.

In the future I would not use decals for the kill stripes as they are all one uniform color and they should fade from yellow to orange. The ear decals are nice though.
    Last edited by Predatormv; Dec 10, 2008 at 1:11 PM.

From
    The miserable mill

oh the beauty of a perfect helmet combined with a perfect paintjob.

you rock

From
    Pittsburgh

That is a beautiful piece of work there! Everything about that bucket is amazing! good work!

El1te