Subscribe
    May 26, 2009, 5:26 PM - Fettpride ESB first time painting PICS #1

Here is my FPH ESB. It's my first Boba bucket paint job, although some parts have been done a couple of times because I wasn't satisfied with how they turned out. It still needs much work, and then the weathering. The ear is on temporarily, that's why it's crooked. The paint job could be better, but I'm learning new tricks as I go. I've been looking at various sources for reference, some are a little different where small damage is concerned. I have a feeling that somewhere down the line I will re-do it, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Any tips, criticisms, or opinions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

May 26, 2009, 5:57 PM - Re: Fettpride ESB first time painting PICS #2

Looks great thus far a little shinny but nothing some weathering won't take care of.
    May 26, 2009, 6:23 PM - Re: Fettpride ESB first time painting PICS #3

lookin' good. you will definitely want to take down the shine. i'm a big fan of testor's dullcote. it works amazingly well at making satin and gloss paints look flat!
    May 26, 2009, 7:31 PM - Re: Fettpride ESB first time painting PICS #4

Yeah, It's wicked shiny right now, I'd almost love to do a brand new paint job Fett, just off of the factory floor type of thing, but, maybe another time.

I do have a couple of cans of dull coat. I was going to use it last to sort of seal everything in. My plan, once the painting is done, is to give it the black+window washing fluid treatment, and I bought a piece of cork to burn, to see if I can rub some char on as well. Then dull coat it.

Thanks for the advice !
    May 26, 2009, 9:56 PM - Re: Fettpride ESB first time painting PICS #5

That looks great! alot better than my 1st paint up. It will look amazing once you dullcoat and wash it.
    May 31, 2009, 2:20 AM - Re: Fettpride ESB first time painting PICS #6

I've been looking at Garrett's tutorial and I think I'm going to re-paint the back panels and the dome. I'm not going to be truly happy with it the way it looks right now. It's o.k. looking, but I'm sure I can do a much better job.

I like the dome, but I really want to do a better layering job with the grey on the silver. I'm happy with the way the silver worked out the first time, and I know i can duplicate it.
  7. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    May 31, 2009, 2:38 AM - Re: Fettpride ESB first time painting PICS #7

Looks very nice to me. Just the gloss finished as mentioned.

Should be an inspiration for those with buckets laying around that need some paint! I would not have pegged your finished bucket as a first time painter great work
    Last edited by Bobby Fett UK; May 31, 2009 at 2:46 AM. Reason: I need a dialing wand for my iPhone!
    May 31, 2009, 1:14 PM - Re: Fettpride ESB first time painting PICS #8

Excellent job on the paintwork! Looks really good! Would have never guessed it was a first time paint job either!

Just a tip on the photography.... if you take the picture from a distance and use zoom (as opposed to getting closer to the helmet), the proportions won't look "fisheyed".
    May 31, 2009, 3:39 PM - Re: Fettpride ESB first time painting PICS #9

Thanks for the tip stellardude, and the compliments everyone. I'm now proceeding with the repaint of the back panels. Here we go !