Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
  1. Aug 26, 2013, 8:38 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #51

Bobamaker, FPH, and Animefan all make fiberglass helmets. The FPH2 is fiberglass. Animefan makes fiberglass cold cast which are really nice. ASOK helmets are resin, but are also very nice.
    Aug 26, 2013, 8:44 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #52

Hey guys, sorry I'm a little late to the party here. I would have replied earlier but my internet was being goofy. The helmets on ebay are not cast by me. Bill never sold on Ebay and I have no intent to change that policy.

So..that being said on to the other questions asked. The Boba Budget is larger than the Jango by maybe an Inch all the way around. The GMH is almost smack between the two. One of these days I will have one of each cast and remember to take a picture of the 3 side by side for reference. Right now, I'm not sure if anyone is doing fiberglass. I have tossed around the idea, but with my allergies and the fumes that it causes, I don't know that I will.

As JC27 said if you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM and I will answer the best I can.
    Aug 26, 2013, 9:04 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #53

Thanks for the info on who is doing Fiberglass. I occasionally get asked so it's good to know.
    Aug 26, 2013, 9:16 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #54

I couldn't rember who was doing FG. For some reason I thought that the fph2 was resin, I guess I could just have asked Chris.
    Aug 26, 2013, 9:20 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #55

I contacted "slartibeartfast69" from eBay and basically asked him" how could you recast a helmet, and leave the FP logo and try to sell based on asok reputation?" and in so many words, he admits to recasting and tells me to f off. nice guy,lol also I reported him, maybe if everyone does eBay will boot him. sorry for the derail
    Aug 26, 2013, 9:23 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #56

I'm sure he would just make another eBay name and still sell them. Recasting is something every prop maker has to deal with, I'm sure once I start making more circuits I will have the same problem.
    Aug 26, 2013, 9:28 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #57

I kind of like it when someone takes an inaccurate licensed replica and redoes it right (Good on you FP /now Asok) - saves you spending big bucks on something that looks ****. MR CE Stormtrooper helmet anyone?
    Aug 27, 2013, 3:14 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #58

Thanks shadowlova! And that's funny about the Stormtrooper helmet. Bill had actually picked up one of the MR Clone helmets and was considering doing just that. It came the week before he passed. I have too many other projects right now to do it justice so we had everyone in our Garrison/Rebel Legion Base sign it at his funeral.
  9. Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Aug 31, 2013, 11:46 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #59

Yep I was one of those that purchased one of this cheap recasts! Live and learn I guess.
  10. Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Sep 1, 2013, 12:06 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #60

I actually had just bought one of those helmets (slartibartfast69) and somehow COMPLETELY missed the fact that it had the FettPride logo on the bottom of the visor.
    I didn't even realise it until I started reading this thread.
    Sure enough, there it is. Right on both his plastic and aluminum casts of the helmet.
    Unfortunately I already paid for it, and now I feel like a complete jerk for purchasing it in the first place, but I can't do much about it now.
    Live and learn, I guess.
  11. Blackwatch is offline Blackwatch
    Sep 2, 2013, 5:14 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #61

Ask him to give you a refund
  12. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Sep 4, 2013, 1:28 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #62

Oh, geeze... I bought a helmet from this guy on ebay last year.
  13. Blackwatch is offline Blackwatch
    Sep 14, 2013, 7:28 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #63

There are two new players in the recast bus right now on Ebay - search "star wars boba fett helmet" and you will see some ****** in BC selling the FP with logo removed and some dude in Cali with the same looking bucket.
  14. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Nov 20, 2013, 5:14 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #64

So much good info here for a new guy (me). I'm looking to do a bucket soon but need to reconsider my budget, don't want to have regrets later. Much more to read, so much info.. Very happy to have found you guys!
    Feb 8, 2014, 12:31 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #65

As a new guy I appreciate all the great info, and the warm welcome I've gotten here. It's nice that everyone wants to point you in the right direction. And because of this I ended up buying from asok. As I read more threads like this I'm learning how long a journey the helmet I bought has taken to get to this point and it's neat to see the interest and hard work involved to get it here. I'm surprised more of the character helmets have not been "made over". I like that there is a level of perfection that everyone is shooting for, so thanks to all for your hard work. I also have a question that is a little off topic and as I've only read mention of it in this thread so far (by asok) I was wondering if anyone has taken on the task of making a better Stormtrooper helmet or if it is in the works? If it has already been done then point me in the right direction and take my money please.
    Feb 8, 2014, 12:34 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #66

RS props is the premier TK lid, but they've been off grid for a few weeks. RS Propsmasters

Also check out lids by AuthenticProps, as they are rather nice too. Sure there are others that I'm not familiar with.
    Feb 8, 2014, 12:55 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #67

Thanks syllander...Do you know if anyone has made a Stormtrooper helmet out of Cold Cast? I think that would be awesome. I'm kind of hoping asok has one in the works. I also want a Vader and then I'll have the trifecta of badassery.
    Feb 8, 2014, 7:20 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #68

Animefan does a really nice vader bucket http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/d...t-1-1-a-46219/
    Feb 8, 2014, 9:40 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #69

No CC TK, as they tend to be ABS plastic for accuracy.
  20. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Feb 8, 2014, 3:30 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #70

CFO do a nice ROTJ TK lid along with the rest of the TK armour, RS do ANH TK armour, a bit like Fett, before you buy you need to decide which film you are going to build from.