Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Fett Pride Helmet.

Re: Fett Pride Helmet.

It's actually not his post count that matters in this case. This has been going on now for more than a year outside of TDH and has only been pulled into TDH in the last several months. I've been pretty quiet and dignified about it until now. Unfortunately, the several year long debate about my recasting an MR helmet is still a bit of a sore spot for me. It's those that 'have not' been around long that could get the wrong idea about me when threads like this pop up every few months. It is my feeling, that if I don't interject and give an abridged defense every now and then, truths will eventually be forgotten when recklessly written posts by seemingly benign newer individuals vilify me over and over for no good reason. Unfortunately, newer folks won't spend the time to research the truth in matters like this. So, it's not really a waste of my time.

All that aside though, thanks for the kind words man. I do appreciate the support. And I was actually having a nip of whisky when I wrote that lol

JC27, AFFD , thank you as well I'm still around and working on new things that I'd like to share with folks now that the messes have been nearly cleaned up. I'm really looking forward to a fresh start for 2013, and getting back to enjoying myself again

Chris

Jayvee said: View Post
    While I totally understand where you are coming from Chris, and completel agree, why you would even bother going into that much detail towards someone with a post count of less than 10 is beyond me. Everyone whos been around here long enough knows the story, and everyone has moved on.

chris you know i got your back brother!

From
    Albuquerque

I wasn't around when all this 'MR' business was going down, so I for one am glad Chris posted what he did about the helmet because I found it to be very informative (I also didn't know that everyone else had been recasting it at the time as well). I had no idea of the origins of that helmet so that clears it up for me. Anyone willing to take the time to modify it and make it better has my respect. As a fellow vendor I have a VERY clear understanding of the blood, sweat and tears that goes into a project and the insane amount of time it takes to make things just right.
    I'll admit that I have learned a lot about this armor just by looking at Chris' threads and website and the high level of accuracy he has been able to attain. Instead of being a 'hater' it has inspired me to raise my game and try to make a better product...hopefully others will view it in the same light one day too

From
    Pennsylvania

It's guys like FP and RKD that get people involved in the hobby, and we all would lose out if they decided to stop. RKD and FP, just know that 99% of the people here are truly greatful for everything you do. And the 1% that doesn't, they can find another hobby.

From
    Perth, Western Australia

fettpride said: View Post
    It's actually not his post count that matters in this case. This has been going on now for more than a year outside of TDH and has only been pulled into TDH in the last several months. I've been pretty quiet and dignified about it until now. Unfortunately, the several year long debate about my recasting an MR helmet is still a bit of a sore spot for me. It's those that 'have not' been around long that could get the wrong idea about me when threads like this pop up every few months. It is my feeling, that if I don't interject and give an abridged defense every now and then, truths will eventually be forgotten when recklessly written posts by seemingly benign newer individuals vilify me over and over for no good reason. Unfortunately, newer folks won't spend the time to research the truth in matters like this. So, it's not really a waste of my time.

All that aside though, thanks for the kind words man. I do appreciate the support. And I was actually having a nip of whisky when I wrote that lol

JC27, AFFD , thank you as well I'm still around and working on new things that I'd like to share with folks now that the messes have been nearly cleaned up. I'm really looking forward to a fresh start for 2013, and getting back to enjoying myself again

Chris
    Fair enough too mate. I must admit to not being aware what was going on outside of the site, so perfectly understandable, and I likely would've done exactly the same. The recasting business aside (which I totally have your back), I guess I just hate to see folk that have put so much into the hobby get disillusioned: theres a great little 'new breed' of folk on the boards, so to be able to discuss everythhing with 'the veterans', would be something awesome to see, and get everyones Fett-Mojo to its peak! So enjoy the whiskey brother, and heres to a fett-fantastic 2013! Peace

From
    Modesto, California

I'm grateful for you helping the community out and myself especially. 2013 will be a better year!
    Last edited by sleepalot; Jan 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM.

From
    Albuquerque

Thanks for that JC, appreciate it bro Seeing Chris' armor and other stuff around here has really opened my eyes to how much more I can improve, it's really helped in that regard to be sure.

The way I look at it is this: it's supposed to be a fun hobby for us all...why ruin it with needless drama and finger-pointing? lol

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

JodoKast89 said: View Post
    It's funny. You worded that last paragraph pretty close to that of "Steve" the recaster...

Well after a bit of research and the help of Art, it appears to be another one of his alias's.

Doesnt surprise me one bit. I see the same snyde attitude i saw when he posted in mine, and others threads. Disrespectful, rude and then a recaster to boot. I see he is deactivated. good riddance.

Recasters...we dont need their scum...YES SIR!

I feel sorry for the people who buy these recasts... it's unfortunate especially for people who aren't on TDH and don't know any better (I still have parts that I would rather like to upgrade since my time on eBay. Luckily I never bought a recasted part).

As far as this eBay helmet goes, should not be bought! Unless Asok gave the buyer of his helmets rights to making duplicates, the buyer only had the right to the original helmet he received from Asok alone (if he was just selling the helmet he got from Asok because he didn't need it that'd be another story).

Sorry to hear about you trouble with the post GMH run Chris. Hope things can move on to a better year!

Anyway that's just my two cents...

From
    Dallas, TX

Jc27 said: View Post
    It's guys like FP and RKD that get people involved in the hobby, and we all would lose out if they decided to stop. RKD and FP, just know that 99% of the people here are truly greatful for everything you do. And the 1% that doesn't, they can find another hobby.
    I second this! I am building as much of my suit as I can and having high quality vendors is awesome to save myself time and head aches!

Who here can actually make their own Boba Fett boots? That is something that would be a roadblock. Without the support of this community, my dream wouldn't be feasible. Sorry, boots are a bit off topic.

Thank you to the vendors who provide such quality work for us to enjoy.

From
    Omaha, Nebraska

Hello all, I'm slowly learning the Boba lingo here and I wondering if anyone has photos of the insides of these helmets. Shouldnt that be your give away if these are legit casts or recasts? Unless there never the same... I want to start my build but with so many "knock offs" out there, I want to do mine with that kind of "Fett Pride" I see in the forums here.

new-b out...

From
    Pennsylvania

Asok's helms are from fettpride a mold, which Chris sold to him so the Asok lids are ok. Do yourself a favor and don't buy a lid off of eBay. If you want one, a good one, do some research and buy from people on this site.

From
    USAF Utah

Nice words of wisdom there.

From
    Pennsylvania

I am trying to be a useful member of this forum and since I can't paint anything, maybe I can help steer people in the right direction.

From
    USAF Utah

Indeed! Definately good stuff, I wish I had people steer me in the right direction off the bat, made a few bad purchases myself when I was new. Keep helpin the new guys learn whats what

From
    Pennsylvania

Thanks F4R, I want to be a member in good standing and have an opinion others like yourself think is worth while.

From
    Outer Rim

I find it funny that this guy complains about his helmet being recasted on ebay yet he makes no attempt to hide the blatant fp initials showing his is a recast. Part of his ploy to make a naive eBay buyer think his helmet is the real one. Its been years since I've looked for a proper fett kit so I was almost fooled until I joined here.

From
    Pennsylvania

Dada, this site is THE place to go for anything fett. Don't go hog wild and buy parts for the sake of having some, do some research and ask questions. The answers are here, you just have to ask.

From
    Outer Rim

Good advice! I think a first instinct is to just grab any first kit you can as if you won't get another chance. I say why not get the best possible the first time rather than settle for mediocre. I feel that pressure mostly with a Vader helmet kit. Unless you know someone or just get lucky, it's hard to find a good fan made kit these days as opposed to back in the day. Especially with the EFX helmet out there. I know I'll have a tougher time finding a good vader kit but I'll be willing to be patient when the time comes. With my low collection budget, my one disadvantage is that getting my wife to agree to the purchase is hard enough alone...but if I had to order the best kit available but the turn around time is over a year, then there's no way I could do it. My wife would be on my butt constantly thinking I got ripped off because she doesn't understand. She's the best though and puts up with a lot of my **** that's for sure!

From
    Pennsylvania

Be patient. Watch the cargo hold and bide your time. You may be able to work something out with a few of the sellers as well, best thing to do is to send them a PM and see if they will work with you.

From
    Outer Rim

FYI, a little patience goes a LONG way. Instead of rushing to order a helmet kit on ebay before I inevitably made myself at home here, I completely ignored ebay knowing that whatever I saw or how nice it might look, it's a recast by someone learning how to cast resin as he takes orders and that's just scary! Today I received my Asok FP cold cast kit and I'm totally stoked. As an SPFX artist myself, I can really appreciate it the casting he's done here. Anyone can mix a two-part smooth on resin and roto cast it by hand and slop it in there quick. That's definitely not the case here. The cold casting alluminum is just perfect, casting is very very clean and I can't find an airbubble anywhere. Though anyone can use quality resin for a good clean casting exterior...What I am impressed by is the interior. Very glass-like smooth. None of the usua thick spots froml pooling of resin by amateurs. No long drips of that last bit of curing resin either. Just gorgeous and the feel and weight of the helmet is just as nice as many fiberglass buckets I've worked with. I know people hear resin and they think of a plastic helmet or something and fiberglass is more sought after.. But I'm telling you this is just a gorgeous casting and I won't hesitate to order another after I finish my ESB so I can use it for ROTJ bucket.

From
    Nashville, Tn

So I was about to bid on an Ebay helmet, I know what the "FP" on the front of it means. NOW I know who "Steve the re-caster/ slartibeartfast69" is. The helmet looked a bit wonky and the inside is not neat. I knew it was a recast and even though it looked pretty good, seller has good feedback but I still had some doubts. I've been waiting on Buying a GOOD Fett helmet for a LONG time. The last maker I had seriously spoken to was Marrow Sun, who taught me a good bit. I guess I'll wait a bit longer.
    Thanks to TDH folks for the good info. Oh yeah, after looking at Asok's FP CARGO HOLD post, the ebay helmet would cost me more. I've been to TDH forums before but I've just registered and this is my first post.
    So now I have questions:
    Are the Asok Cold cast BoBA helm and the Cold cast Jango the same size? Can I get a legit helmet in fiberglass? Any more help is appreciated.

From
    Pennsylvania

I don't know for sure but I think the Asok boba is a little bigger than the Asok jango, the best way to find out is to PM christy and ask her. As for a fiberglass helmet, I think maybe bobamakers's is fiberglass but I'm not sure. I'm not sure what the new FPH2 is made of, I think it's resin but again the best way to find out is to email Chris and ask him.

From
    Atlanta, Georgia

I saw the same listing on eBay and contacted ASOK to see if it was her. Of course she verified it was not her but most likely a re-caster. Rest assured I will be purchasing my helmet directly from ASOK.