Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 14, 2012, 5:35 PM - Fett Pride Helmet. #1

FP Helmet on EBay right now. Does anyone think it might be a recast?
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Dec 14, 2012, 6:03 PM - Fett Pride Helmet. #2

If its the white one where it doesn't say FP in the description but says "If you know this helmet then I've already said too much" then yes it is. It's a recast of the budget kit sold to ASOK I believe.
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Dec 14, 2012, 6:14 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #3

Looking at the guys name on ebay, he is a banned member here....he had Multiple accounts which he trolled many people and now it looks like hes recast a helmet his feedback says hes sold a few of them

- - - Updated - - -

I informed FP and will be telling asok as he owns the mold...but hes saying theyre the real thing...
    Dec 14, 2012, 6:30 PM - Fett Pride Helmet. #4

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Looking at the guys name on ebay, he is a banned member here....he had Multiple accounts which he trolled many people and now it looks like hes recast a helmet his feedback says hes sold a few of them

- - - Updated - - -

I informed FP and will be telling asok as he owns the mold...but hes saying theyre the real thing...
    FP is well aware of it but his hands are sort of tied because he doesn't own the mold anymore. Asok should definitely do something about it.

I believe another member posted pics of one bought from that guy and the structural weaknesses of his poor materials were VERY apparent. You could shine a light in the helmet and see thin spots. Not a good thing if you're planning on trooping with it and it takes a fall. Not to mention warping.
    Dec 14, 2012, 7:15 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #5

I am also aware and I don't think there is much I can do about it.
    Dec 17, 2012, 12:06 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #6

Asok, I think it sucks that people are selling very poor copies of your mold. I think the best we can do is to tell new members to stay away from eBay (other than MOW), hopefully people will listen.
    Dec 17, 2012, 1:05 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #7

This recasting sucks, i seen this on ebay yesterday and was very tempted to bit on it, just shows every member should consult this place before making silly mistakes
    . great to see truth will always win out.
  8. CarlJohnson is offline CarlJohnson
    Jan 2, 2013, 2:58 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #8

Did you buy one personally? You speak as if you are holding one of these helmets in your hands at the time of writing this post. Basically this entire thread is just saying recast sucks blah blah blah - kind of pointless and done to death. I did buy one of his/her helmets and it was pretty decent, perhaps their technique has improved thanks to critiques like yours? I also received the helmet in 2 weeks, unlike the usually 2 years some other 'sacred cow' sellers here.
    Jan 2, 2013, 3:15 PM - Fett Pride Helmet. #9

Quote CarlJohnson said: View Post
    Did you buy one personally? You speak as if you are holding one of these helmets in your hands at the time of writing this post. Basically this entire thread is just saying recast sucks blah blah blah - kind of pointless and done to death. I did buy one of his/her helmets and it was pretty decent, perhaps their technique has improved thanks to critiques like yours? I also received the helmet in 2 weeks, unlike the usually 2 years some other 'sacred cow' sellers here.
    Very informative Carl Johnson. Way to support a POS recaster.
  10. CarlJohnson is offline CarlJohnson
    Jan 2, 2013, 3:42 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #10

Quote JodoKast89 said: View Post
    Very informative Carl Johnson. Way to support a POS recaster.
    I have no idea what a POS is. I don't really care if the helmet is a recast or not, as long as it is decent. But while were on the subject, isn't the original helmet a recast? Why do certain people get a pass while others are made pariahs? But I am curious about how you got such information on this recast helmet as you described it in a very detailed fashion - did you actually have one in your hands? I am looking at mine and it has no warp and it is pretty uniform in thickness, and I have no complaints other than maybe the price, which is pretty close to Asok's. I would have chosen Asok's over this one only for the metal stalk and the metal cold cast finish. I just didn't see it first. I certainly would never wait a year or two for you know who's helmet. Maybe people should point fingers at him and the other fraudsters here on this site who promise paint jobs etc and never follow through, leaving the customers empty handed and **** out of luck, and yet still look like great guys here as they are buddies with the right people.

Not supporting the recaster, but would rather buy off of him rather than the BS from the other a-holes who act as if they are doing their customers a huge favor buy selling to them. If the recaster is such a problem to them, then they should up their game a bit.
    Jan 2, 2013, 4:24 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #11

Way to introduce yourself Carl!

Apparently you did NOT read the Code Of Conduct section, specifically in regards to Recasting:

TDH Documents

Sounds like you got the "Johnson" part right at least....
    Jan 2, 2013, 4:37 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #12

Welcome to TDH CarlJohnson. Hopefully you can turn this around

The simplest way I can describe it is this: recasting thing is about respect, or lack thereof.

Fettpride sculpted that helmet, made a mold, and sold the mold to Asok. Asok provides good quality helmets to people at a fair price.

To recast Asok's helmet is disrespectful to him.

I don't care a bit about any of the other grey-zone complaints people raise about LFL intellectual property, derivative work, etc... No matter what sort of words you want to use, it is disrespectful to Asok to copy something he makes without his permission.
  13. CarlJohnson is offline CarlJohnson
    Jan 2, 2013, 4:40 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #13

I am really upset that you gave that sarcastic thumbs up, that is so against the rules of conduct in regards to respect. And then you allude to my surname as a penis, ouch! I won't be able to sleep after that clever jab.
    I did read the rules and I don't think I broke them by questioning the authenticity of JodoKast's claim that the recast helmet was poor quality as if he had personally seen one.. Nor did I break them by buying a recast helmet. It seems that every forum like this has the same MO - say only what the others say and if you say anything to contradict that sentiment, then you get dogpiled. Seen it before, not interested. I was just giving my opinion and if it gets your panties in a twist, tough ***** for you as a 39 year old man.

Stormtrooperguy, yes, you are right, it was disrespectful to Asok if it even true - has anyone really proven this definitively? And no, FP didn't sculpt the helmet, he recasted a MR helmet with a few small mods. That is specifically mentioned in the rules of conduct, which seem to not apply to some.
    Jan 2, 2013, 4:51 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #14

Who was being sarcastic? I'm sure you will ingratiate yourself to the TDH community quickly.

Again Karl, welcome.

Please feel free to use the search function which may answer your questions.
    Jan 2, 2013, 5:03 PM - Fett Pride Helmet. #15

I am really upset that you gave that sarcastic thumbs up, that is so against the rules of conduct in regards to respect. And then you allude to my surname as a penis, ouch! I won't be able to sleep after that clever jab.
    I did read the rules and I don't think I broke them by questioning the authenticity of JodoKast's claim that the recast helmet was poor quality as if he had personally seen one.. Nor did I break them by buying a recast helmet. It seems that every forum like this has the same MO - say only what the others say and if you say anything to contradict that sentiment, then you get dogpiled. Seen it before, not interested. I was just giving my opinion and if it gets your panties in a twist, tough ***** for you as a 39 year old man.

Stormtrooperguy, yes, you are right, it was disrespectful to Asok if it even true - has anyone really proven this definitively? And no, FP didn't sculpt the helmet, he recasted a MR helmet with a few small mods. That is specifically mentioned in the rules of conduct, which seem to not apply to some.
    Another member just posted one of these helmets and had numerous structural problems with it. Regardless of what your thoughts on it are, a recaster is the worst kind of scum that these boards deal with. Did FP use the MR scan -- Sure. But he modified it to a more accurate form. Just the fact that you're so new here and yet have so much knowledge begs to question if you're maybe a banned member in disguise. Regardless, you are correct in that buying from ASOK would have been a wiser choice. Supporting these recasters only makes them appear in higher numbers -- then the guys who do the real research and work no longer are around -- it's bad for all of us and prohibits the progression of the hobby.
    Jan 2, 2013, 5:21 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #16

Oh, Hey! Dinner and a show! (Hey, 1,000th POST!)
    Last edited by AFettFullofDollars; Jan 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM. Reason: 1,000th POST!
    Jan 2, 2013, 6:32 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #17

Quote AFettFullofDollars said: View Post
    Grats AFettFullofDollars
    Jan 2, 2013, 10:27 PM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #18

CJ, way to introduce yourself to TDH. With that kind of attitude you will not make very many friends here.
    Jan 3, 2013, 12:38 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #19

Quote AFettFullofDollars said: View Post
    you've been around way longer than me and you're just now hitting 1k posts? i never looked at your post count, i just figured you had mountains of posts. perhaps i do have an addiction.
    Last edited by saint_nasty; Jan 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Jan 3, 2013, 12:39 AM - Fett Pride Helmet. #20

It's funny. You worded that last paragraph pretty close to that of "Steve" the recaster...

Jan 3, 2013, 1:02 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #21

ok, putting on the mod hat for a moment. the op was simply asking about the possibility of a recast helmet found on ebay, this isn't a discourse about the pros and cons of recasting. now i'm as guilty as anyone of going off topic in this thread, but lets get back on the original topic, or at least keep it light.
    Jan 3, 2013, 3:24 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #22

Setting the record straight, again …

The helmet in question was in fact an MR Production Helmet, that 'I' purchased directly from MR when they were still doing business, and put a CONSIDERABLE amount of time and effort into attempting to correct the garbage mistakes that they made with it. It sat on a shelf for more than TWO YEARS, while everyone else and their mothers, exploited the very same helmet, while MR was still in business might I add. I decide, ‘AFTER’ MR went out of business to share the work that I put into it. My very first recast in 10 years. Wow? I’m SUCH a dirtbag, right ? Thinking that people might appreciate my interpretation of the helmet that had been sold to death by everyone else without a single modification, and most cases without even as little as a corrected visor pinch. I offered my interpretation of this helmet at a time that if you didn’t have your own interpretation of it, you were no longer a helmet maker, because sculpts and mystery helmets weren't going to cut it anymore. It was supposed to be THE definitive helmet. I offered my interpretation of it, and for some reason, people preferred it? Go figure? Yet some four years after the fact, I still get my balls broken for it. Again, go figure.

Before this, every other piece and component I’ve ever offered, including helmets, have either been my own sculpts, or purchased rights from private individuals. Always above board. when NO ONE ELSE was, or had ever been. Still seeing pitchforks raised at me some four years later is just ridiculous. I’m so damned tired of it. Get over it. I said it before, I wasn’t the first to recast it, and I certainly wasn’t the last. But I was certainly the ONLY one ever to be vilified for it.

In regards to the topic of this thread, hell yes I had a problem with it. Partly because it’s sad to see it exploited by some anonymous dirt bag. I sold the mold, of MY interpretation of the helmet, to Asok. Gray area or not, argue it amongst yourselves until you’re blue in the face, there was still hard work invested, MY investment. My purchase of $450 from MR, MY many hours of modifications, MY time and materials to make the mold. And it was passed on to someone that I made arrangements with to continue producing it. Therefore recasting it becomes a disrespect to Asok.

But that isn't event what pissed me off the most. Where I took the most offense was the fact that the re-caster kept the ‘FP’ seal on the front of the helmets and worded his auctions as if though HE were ME, or and agent of ME, tricking unsuspecting customers into thinking that they were buying directly from ME. Anyone would have taken issue with this if they were in my position. He eventually modified the wording of his auctions (still quite deceiving), but kept the FP seal. And yes, it still pisses me off. Does anyone here want to argue that they wouldn’t have felt the same?

CarlJohnson, - it sure does sound like you’re another sockpuppet for the ebay dude . But that’s up to the administration to sort out. If you’re not, you’re obviously just ‘another anti-fan’. If you are him, let’s get it right man. Maybe YOU should have gone out and spent $450 on your own helmet , invested some of your own man hours into conjuring up your own interpretation of the helmet, then spent a couple hundred bucks on making a ‘proper mold’, after having possibly first taken a few JC molding and casting courses before using the public at large as guinea pigs while you learn the trade. Recasting like this is still considered riding the backs of ‘others’, and their hard work. I generally don't talk trash about other members works, but those castings are down right embarrassing.

Lastly, cut out the shots about GMH’s still taking 2 years. It’s getting old. GMH back log’s have long since been tied up. And with only a handful of misc regular backorders left to be filled, I've practically returned to normal business. It was a bad chapter for everyone. Mistakes were made. Explanations and apologies have been given. It was a bad year and a half. Most everyone has moved on. It’s **** like this that has made me bitter enough to not want to spend any time here anymore.

Happy belated New Year, to all

Chris
    Last edited by fettpride; Jan 3, 2013 at 3:45 AM.
    Jan 3, 2013, 6:19 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #23

While I totally understand where you are coming from Chris, and completel agree, why you would even bother going into that much detail towards someone with a post count of less than 10 is beyond me. Everyone whos been around here long enough knows the story, and everyone has moved on. We all understand the deal with recasters, and henceforth, is why we basically just ignore them. Not coming around here much anymore is your own choice, but it just seems the only time you do post anymore is either kinda angry or explaining yourself. I love all the hard work you do for the community, and I guess would simply love to just see you come back here again for the reason you started : for pure enjoyment of the hobby. Im having a lovely aged Tequila on the rocks at the minute mate, so ill give you a quick toast to finding your enjoyment for all things Fett again in 2013

Sincerely brother,
    Jonny
    Jan 3, 2013, 9:51 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #24

I too have your back Chris. You did the work and when someone else tries to take credit for your efforts, you are well within your rights to get angry. The noob is probably bitter about buying a POS bucket and is trying to defend his purchase. If he would have done even a little research, he could have gotten a much better lid.
    I know this is going off topic and probably beating a dead horse, but the whole GMH thing is in the past. Hopefully that whole experience as not fostered such bad feelings that you leave the board. Everyone here knows the work you put in and noobs like myself need people like you to provide the services that you provide as well as the knowledge of the hobby. All I ask is that you try to let bygones be bygones, come back to the boards more often and keep making kick ***** products. And to anyone that is still fuming over the GMH thing, get over it. Don't let something like that sour everyone's experience with this hobby.
    And like Jayvee said have a drink, take a deep breath, and look towards a new year
    JC
    Jan 3, 2013, 10:12 AM - Re: Fett Pride Helmet. #25

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    I too have your back Chris. You did the work and when someone else tries to take credit for your efforts, you are well within your rights to get angry. The noob is probably bitter about buying a POS bucket and is trying to defend his purchase. If he would have done even a little research, he could have gotten a much better lid.
    I know this is going off topic and probably beating a dead horse, but the whole GMH thing is in the past. Hopefully that whole experience as not fostered such bad feelings that you leave the board. Everyone here knows the work you put in and noobs like myself need people like you to provide the services that you provide as well as the knowledge of the hobby. All I ask is that you try to let bygones be bygones, come back to the boards more often and keep making kick ***** products. And to anyone that is still fuming over the GMH thing, get over it. Don't let something like that sour everyone's experience with this hobby.
    And like Jayvee said have a drink, take a deep breath, and look towards a new year
    JC
    +1