Fett helmet off the bay NEEDS CPR

  1. #1

    Fett helmet off the bay NEEDS CPR

    So a friend of mine wanted a fett bucket so he bought on off the bay..BAD IDEA!. He brought it to me to see if I can fix it. I guess my question is does anyone have some ideas or should I thrash it buy one and cast it for him. Any help?

    Is it me or does the helmet look wavy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fett4-jpg   fett3-jpg   fett1-jpg  

    fett2-jpg  

  2. #2

    Re: Fett helmet off the bay NEEDS CPR

    That is an MSH recast that's been floating around. I have to say, that one is the worst I've seen yet.

    Unfortunately, because it's a resin slush cast, there won't be anything you can do to straighten the
    sink holes with a heat gun. It will creep back as soon as you expose it to a hot day in a car, even
    if you can get it straight without cracking it. Your best best is to bondo fill the low spots
    and glaze. You can likely still make a paintable helmet with a fair amount of umph, but it will never
    be quite right. Also, be careful buying one and "casting" it. That's mirky water there.






    Red5sixx said: View Post
    So a friend of mine wanted a fett bucket so he bought on off the bay..BAD IDEA!. He brought it to me to see if I can fix it. I guess my question is does anyone have some ideas or should I thrash it buy one and cast it for him. Any help?

    Is it me or does the helmet look wavy?

  3. #3

    Re: Fett helmet off the bay NEEDS CPR

    Thanks FP...I figured as much. Guess I'll try to build it up and do
    what I can. This is by far the worse cast I've seen. I might just cut out the back
    vent and fab one. We will see I'll post my progress thanks for the help.

    Red


    fettpride said: View Post
    That is an MSH recast that's been floating around. I have to say, that one is the worst I've seen yet.

    Unfortunately, because it's a resin slush cast, there won't be anything you can do to straighten the
    sink holes with a heat gun. It will creep back as soon as you expose it to a hot day in a car, even
    if you can get it straight without cracking it. Your best best is to bondo fill the low spots
    and glaze. You can likely still make a paintable helmet with a fair amount of umph, but it will never
    be quite right. Also, be careful buying one and "casting" it. That's mirky water there.



  4. #4

    Re: Fett helmet off the bay NEEDS CPR

    Wow, thats the same bucket I bought, only like fettpride said, its in much worse condition. I kinda feel lucky that mine wasnt so warped, although I did have to fix the gash in the back, here's the link to what I did with it: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/a...met-wip-43653/

    And some pics of what it could look like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc01358-jpg   dsc01359-jpg   dsc01357-jpg  

    dsc01360-jpg  

  5. #5

    Re: Fett helmet off the bay NEEDS CPR

    Thanks so much. Yours came out really well. The only problem I am
    going to have is the ear pieces are in bad shape, they are way to thin and he didn't get the range finder.
    Anyone know where I can get one?




    Armydad said: View Post
    Wow, thats the same bucket I bought, only like fettpride said, its in much worse condition. I kinda feel lucky that mine wasnt so warped, although I did have to fix the gash in the back, here's the link to what I did with it: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/a...met-wip-43653/

    And some pics of what it could look like

Similar Threads

  1. E-Bay Boba Fett Trash - All Time Low
    By Astro Builder in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Nov 23, 2009, 7:32 AM
  2. Look at what i just bought off e-bay
    By C1RCA in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Jun 16, 2009, 3:41 PM
  3. Helmet on the 'Bay
    By TheDentedOne in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 5, 2007, 10:55 PM
  4. My Boba Fett helmet from E-bay*Pic Intensive*
    By Shadow7098 in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr 7, 2006, 10:09 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •