Fett helmet off the bay NEEDS CPR

Fett helmet off the bay NEEDS CPR

So a friend of mine wanted a fett bucket so he bought on off the bay..BAD IDEA!. He brought it to me to see if I can fix it. I guess my question is does anyone have some ideas or should I thrash it buy one and cast it for him. Any help?

Is it me or does the helmet look wavy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fett4-jpg   fett3-jpg   fett1-jpg  

fett2-jpg  

Re: Fett helmet off the bay NEEDS CPR

That is an MSH recast that's been floating around. I have to say, that one is the worst I've seen yet.

Unfortunately, because it's a resin slush cast, there won't be anything you can do to straighten the
    sink holes with a heat gun. It will creep back as soon as you expose it to a hot day in a car, even
    if you can get it straight without cracking it. Your best best is to bondo fill the low spots
    and glaze. You can likely still make a paintable helmet with a fair amount of umph, but it will never
    be quite right. Also, be careful buying one and "casting" it. That's mirky water there.

Red5sixx said: View Post
    So a friend of mine wanted a fett bucket so he bought on off the bay..BAD IDEA!. He brought it to me to see if I can fix it. I guess my question is does anyone have some ideas or should I thrash it buy one and cast it for him. Any help?

Is it me or does the helmet look wavy?

Thanks FP...I figured as much. Guess I'll try to build it up and do
    what I can. This is by far the worse cast I've seen. I might just cut out the back
    vent and fab one. We will see I'll post my progress thanks for the help.

Red

fettpride said: View Post
    That is an MSH recast that's been floating around. I have to say, that one is the worst I've seen yet.

Unfortunately, because it's a resin slush cast, there won't be anything you can do to straighten the
    sink holes with a heat gun. It will creep back as soon as you expose it to a hot day in a car, even
    if you can get it straight without cracking it. Your best best is to bondo fill the low spots
    and glaze. You can likely still make a paintable helmet with a fair amount of umph, but it will never
    be quite right. Also, be careful buying one and "casting" it. That's mirky water there.

Wow, thats the same bucket I bought, only like fettpride said, its in much worse condition. I kinda feel lucky that mine wasnt so warped, although I did have to fix the gash in the back, here's the link to what I did with it: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/a...met-wip-43653/

And some pics of what it could look like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc01358-jpg   dsc01359-jpg   dsc01357-jpg  

dsc01360-jpg  

Thanks so much. Yours came out really well. The only problem I am
    going to have is the ear pieces are in bad shape, they are way to thin and he didn't get the range finder.
    Anyone know where I can get one?

Armydad said: View Post
    Wow, thats the same bucket I bought, only like fettpride said, its in much worse condition. I kinda feel lucky that mine wasnt so warped, although I did have to fix the gash in the back, here's the link to what I did with it: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/a...met-wip-43653/

And some pics of what it could look like