Fett 4 Real's PP1

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Fett 4 Real's PP1

So I had this helmet chillin here with no dent was going to be for a custom Mando Protector, and Ive been wanting to do some paint work as Ive been bored. Figure hey everyones doing pp2 may as well do PP1 always loved the first eyes helmet way cooler than the second ears version. So I stripped the helmet fixed a crack that had occured before I got it, and went to work...got ahold of Asok for one of his metal RF stalks and an RF, had a Mojo Borden connector figured what the hey lets throw that on there the borden on there was really "dull" so I swapped that out too...also got a new shade 5 visor and put it in there as well....not completely set with the visor its kinda not fitting how Id like it but its no FP helmet dang resin

How it was B4 the stripping

The Evil Crack....

All fixed and the scratch and nicks added to the visor....

Mojos Borden its NICE

The RF and stalk I was working with :/

Aosks Stuff came in 3 days after I paid him!

Heres where I started the rear panels

Then onto the cheeks....

After the cheeks came the dome...had to do this TWICE :/ The paint got screwed up and didnt stick to the silver
    came out good after the second try...

Then came time for the "EYES" and yeh took a good hour to get em on there with a brush by hand with the one pic there is its hard to tell I found Rafals stencils after and they may have helped a little but going by the left over paint marks on the PP1 V2 u can see where they were so it wasnt a HUGE PITA just a small one

After that I got to work on the mandibles and the ears were done in between everything as theyre very simple grey one one and metal on the other

And there you have it a PP1 V1 done in just 8 days (most of the pics except the last 4 were taken with my milspec phone) was sending em to my good buddy TX Fett he got the WIP so excuse the poor quality of the first 3/4 of the threads pictures...I think it turned out well...this is just the begining of a PP1 suit I think Im excited to start it the keyslots are kinda the only part of the pp1 you cannot see ANYWHERE! So I followed what Rafal went with in his thread and went with it...they make sense with the damage on the rest of the helmet so Im happy with it....I have the MQ1 about to go in just noticed it wasnt in there....thanks for looking and look forward to more helmet paint threads here soon I hope

Re: Fett 4 Real's PP1

That's great! I wish I could do that in 8 days.... oh well, someday.

From
    USAF Utah

Much practice grasshopper, if all goes according to plan I may end up doing the rest of the Fett in 7 days when Im back from Korea on leave

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

One of my favorite buckets...

From
    Murrieta CA

Nice work Dom I love the PP1 one of my favorites I hope to do one some day down the road and hopefully it will look as good as yours and I know I wont get it painted in 8 days!!!

From
    USAF Utah

i dunno ur pretty quick urself

From
    Northern VA

Very cool, man

From
    Newport News, VA

More PP1 love! I like seeing all the pre-pros on TDH lately.

Where are you stationed in Korea? I was at Kunsan from Jun 08-Jun 09.

From
    USAF Utah

About to goto Osan actually, You WIP PP1 thread inspired me on this one. Thanks for that WIP thread

From
    Galati, Romania

What an amazing helmet. And done in just 8 days? So sick!

As I said in the PP1 stencil thread, all the non visible areas are made by replicating PP3 scratches, as we know the PP1, PP3 and ESB were made the same way, almost the same colors, but not the same person (the PP1 was painted by Joe Johnston and the other two by one of his apprentice (?)). And you (whoever you are) decide how you paint your helmet...

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Very cool! Love the "eyes" helmet!

From
    USAF Utah

RafalFett said: View Post
    What an amazing helmet. And done in just 8 days? So sick!

As I said in the PP1 stencil thread, all the non visible areas are made by replicating PP3 scratches, as we know the PP1, PP3 and ESB were made the same way, almost the same colors, but not the same person (the PP1 was painted by Joe Johnston and the other two by one of his apprentice (?)). And you (whoever you are) decide how you paint your helmet...
    Yeh thanks Rafal...now ur making me think the rear green should be different or at least closer to the PP3

The Visors bothering the **** out of me looking at it, i think ima try and move it a little to get less pinch and it looks crooked to me :/ hope i dont need another new one
    Last edited by Fett 4 Real; Jun 14, 2011 at 8:51 AM.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    The Visors bothering the **** out of me looking at it, i think ima try and move it a little to get less pinch and it looks crooked to me :/ hope i dont need another new one
    Can you shim the visor?... depending on how much thickness you need you could add some electrical tape to the edges. The tape wouldn't be seen. This wouldn't work if you need to puch the visor apart more than a couple of centimeters.

Wow, this newb thinks that is amazing! WAY out of my league!

From
    USAF Utah

clonecollector said: View Post
    Can you shim the visor?... depending on how much thickness you need you could add some electrical tape to the edges. The tape wouldn't be seen. This wouldn't work if you need to puch the visor apart more than a couple of centimeters.
    the shape of the actual mandibles is screwing up the flushness of the visor and the mandible area and the mandibles need to be spread apart a little more Ill work on it later today when i get home

From
    Galati, Romania

Judging by this image PP1 At The San Anselmo Parade it's clearly looks like the ESB/PP3 color (except the killstripes).
    I wanted to say about the T-visor, but I knew you were aware of it.

From
    USAF Utah

yeh, i might have to go back in with the color I use on ESB hmmmmmm it looks good this way though its close

From
    Galati, Romania

With the combination of the dark grey you used I think is OK as it is.

From
    Newport News, VA

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    About to goto Osan actually, You WIP PP1 thread inspired me on this one. Thanks for that WIP thread
    Hey, no problem.

Osan, eh? The base is much more modern than Kunsan. Nice facilities and there's a real-live Chili's restaurant right across from the BX!

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

WHat did you use as your reference of the actual "eyes" on the helemt? Was that a stencil or free hand? Looks sweet man....

From
    USAF Utah

superjedi said: View Post
    Hey, no problem.

Osan, eh? The base is much more modern than Kunsan. Nice facilities and there's a real-live Chili's restaurant right across from the BX!
    HAHAH a new chick at work who was at the Kun said the same thing today thats pretty funny u said that as well

Lucksy31 said: View Post
    WHat did you use as your reference of the actual "eyes" on the helemt? Was that a stencil or free hand? Looks sweet man....
    There is literally 1 pic of the helmet before the eyes were removed...used that and the pp1 helmet as it was for pics it has the reminisce of the first set of eyes that were there. I free hand brushed them on with a small paint brush and flat black.

From
    USAF Utah

Heres the Eyes helmet I call the other Ears
    Boba Fett First Prototype Costume - Early Version - The Dented Helmet Gallery

and if you look here you can see the left over eyes
    Boba Fett First Prototype Costume - The Dented Helmet Gallery

Very nice. good work.

From
    Galati, Romania

You guys know that there are files with the eyes made by others? You can find them here and here.

beautiful custom made