Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Oct 13, 2005, 11:39 AM - ESB vs. ROTJ? #1

I'm just curious what made everyone choose between the ESB and ROTJ Fetts to model after. For me, I'm going the ESB route because that was his first appearance. That's the Fett that the made the impression on me.

Just curious as to what made the rest of you decide..

Eric
    Oct 13, 2005, 11:56 AM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #2

Here we go, again,, With that note lets try to keep the "who do you think is better, ESB or ROTJ Fett" out of this. Always ends up bad.
    Oct 13, 2005, 11:58 AM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #3

I decided upon the Special Edition version (ESB bucket on ROTJ body) basically because it took the best of both worlds and stuck them together... best bucket with best suit/jet pack/gun (IMO). Also there were more sources available for me for that costume as it was the one shown in the SW Visual Dictionary, several print ads, etc... at the time I started my suit (2000-2001).
    Oct 13, 2005, 12:08 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #4

All you ESB and ROTJ folks...don't you know Pre-Pro is the way to go
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Oct 13, 2005, 1:03 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #5

Doh! Wasn't looking for who's better! I was just curious! They're all Fett, afterall. That's what's important!

I have to say I like the SE idea though. Love the ESB bucket, but dig the RotJ blaster and the maroon gauntlets. Might have to give that more thought...
    Oct 13, 2005, 1:14 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #6

i went for the rotj style because of the colors... i'm not fond of the "mostly green" look. and as for rotj vs se. well... i just like the original better
    Oct 13, 2005, 1:25 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #7

Quote ebrouwer said:
    I'm just curious what made everyone choose between the ESB and ROTJ Fetts to model after. For me, I'm going the ESB route because that was his first appearance. That's the Fett that the made the impression on me.

Just curious as to what made the rest of you decide..

Eric
    I pretty much agree with Eric on ESB. Just for the fact
    it did made great impression and appearence. Overall, he
    is a Mandalorion Warrior "(Commando)" so do speak.
    Last edited by FettOfficer; Oct 13, 2005 at 5:57 PM.
  8. Member Since
    Nov 2003
    Oct 13, 2005, 2:10 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #8

I think the ROTJ Fett has more personaility (IMO). I find that the ESB Fett is too much like a uniform (all green). When I think of Fett I think of an strong independant person. To me the multpile colours are a unique combo that only Fett would do. Anyone can do all green.

That being said ESB does have a better bucket from a weathering perspective - ROTJ is a bit to plain (I find myself adding more weathering on mine even though I was going for somewhat screen accurate - oh well)

Loranar
    Oct 13, 2005, 2:49 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #9

i picked ESB cause i think it has way more detail to the suit.
    Oct 13, 2005, 3:51 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #10

Well, I liked the red gauntlets. Thats why I went Jedi.
    Oct 13, 2005, 4:09 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #11

I'm shooting for the special edition also. I always pictured Fett with the multicolored jet pack, red gauntlets, and yellow kill-stripes (probably from the 95 Kenner figure).

Besides, any costume that can make Don Bies look like a hardcase is gonna do wonders for me!
    Oct 14, 2005, 12:57 AM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #12

I like the ROTJ colors but prefer the ESB cape.
    Oct 14, 2005, 9:32 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #13

I chose ESB style for the same reasons as you, Eric. Plus, I dig the green theme.

-Scott
  14. Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Oct 18, 2005, 11:19 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #14

Well, I'm with everyone else in that it seems there are some aspects of ROTJ that are cooler than ESB's and vice versa. I spent a year just doing the parts I liked from each costume and then realized if I was going to spend all this time and money, I might as well pick one damned one and stick with it!

So I've gone ESB, mainly because the jet pack will take less time to paint and, for some reason, I like the blaster better.

I also think the ESB Fett is more of a hardass.
    Oct 19, 2005, 3:27 AM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #15

ESB, original and doesnt have the "circus clown colors" IE:jet pack
    Oct 28, 2005, 5:18 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #16

hey i look at it this way, he isnt pink, so he gave a good impression on his shots, if he was pink or something.. he sure wouldnt have given the "iam a badass dont mess with me" impression.. more like "i have no idea what iam doing... this is my wifes, mines in the laundry..."
    Oct 28, 2005, 8:00 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #17

Quote scootch said:
    I also think the ESB Fett is more of a hardass.
    Why, because he doesn't scream like a little girl while being eaten by an immobile creature and end up being a galactic burp joke?
    Oct 29, 2005, 7:49 AM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #18

Man have I got news for you Saturniid19!!

don't tell this to anyone else but ehm...

there were 2 Fetts... Jango and Boba... and ehm... the ESB "version" should be the same as the ROTJ "version"... so all your hopes of your own little green hero might be blown out th window ey... cause uhm... get ready for my punch line...

HE'S THE SAME FREAKIN'CHARACTER!!!

sorry about that... but my god... these debats are so tiresome.. do we also have a teener Luke in farm clothes... who actually was enthusiastic and di'nd't go to hoth because he went on racing the galaxy in an X-wing, so there we have the "ESB" Luke take-over who fell down a lift shaft onboard the hospital ship so he actually dies... and then we get the 3rd Luke who actually wanted the part of Vader in ROTJ... but he wasn't allowed so he just picked the black clothes... and that's why he doesn;t make a single joke and is just a serious little *****... during the end celebration where he burns his idol... we actually see Luke M.1 flying over with some fire works screaming wildly like Kermit the Frog "YYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY"

I can understand certain preferences about wich colour scheme you like more.. multi coloured wich could symbolize a more individual colour scheme, or more of a single coloured scheme like the ESB green... or Jango imo... wich is more a millitary style... kind of... more uniform like.

other then that... the galactic burp was a great joke
    Oct 29, 2005, 12:24 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #19

Thanks for the essay!

Let me put it this way, then: someone who had only seen ESB would have a different view of the character than someone who had only seen ROTJ.

No hard feelings, I'm making a ROTJ Fett too.
    Oct 29, 2005, 12:41 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #20

now that is contradictional dude!

well make it look good !!

Oct 30, 2005, 5:54 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #21

I like pre-pro its the only way to go. I did that because I like the flame thrower from the yellow gauntlet. The only thing not Pre-pro I did on my costume was the jet pack just because I like the more weathered ROTJ jet pack.
    Oct 30, 2005, 6:29 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #22

Yes this debate has gone on for a while not, (not this particular thread) but many alike it in the past. For some of us older members its like beating a dead horse but ive always like the orignal, very simple and not flashy (color wise), unlike ROTJ.Too me the ESB would truely represent a "Bounty Hunter" who really wouldnt want to have bright flashy colors if hes trying to "Hunt" people down...Over all i just think the orignal suits color's blend much better then the ROTJ
    Oct 30, 2005, 6:39 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #23

*Yoda Voice* I agree
    Quote Tim Allen said:
    Yes this debate has gone on for a while not, (not this particular thread) but many alike it in the past. For some of us older members its like beating a dead horse but ive always like the orignal, very simple and not flashy (color wise), unlike ROTJ.Too me the ESB would truely represent a "Bounty Hunter" who really wouldnt want to have bright flashy colors if hes trying to "Hunt" people down...Over all i just think the orignal suits color's blend much better then the ROTJ
  24. Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Nov 10, 2005, 4:41 AM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #24

ok well for me im going to make it easier on myself and go with both versions, i decided instead of rattling my brain trying to pick a Fett to go with ive decided just to go with both versions, the only thing im going to do differently is im going to include the ESB sidearm to the ROTJ version as well, i mean i think it was kind of dumb for them to disregard the sidearm pistol when they did Jedi, i mean ok maybe they disregarded it because he didnt use it in ESB but i was thinking after Luke slices Bobas blaster in Jedi during the sarlacc battle he could have gone for his sidearm and then Luke would have probably kicked it out of his hand and it goes flying somewhere and then Boba could have used his cable wire, but thats just how i see it.
    Nov 11, 2005, 12:59 PM - Re: ESB vs. ROTJ? #25

I'll go with ROTJ because the red kill stripes and gauntlets will match my kilt. And I like all the different colors. I get enough green on a day to day.