ESB or ROTJ - which way do I go?

From
    Toronto

ESB or ROTJ - which way do I go?

I know, I know, it's a personal preference, but **** I can't figure which build to go with! I love the ESB helmet, cape and weapon, but I really like the armor as I find it more aesthetically pleasing and the addition of the spats really make it pop. The burgundy gauntlets are a nice touch too. I just need someone to kick me in the arse and send me in a direction as I am really on the fence here. I have the stuff to make either or. Maybe someone could help weigh the pros and cons of each and I would be interested to know who is in what camp. Thanks.

I started my ROTJ I love ESB fett but the jetpack colors are too bland for my taste

When in doubt you could always mix in all honesty no one is going to hold it against you if you do it'll make your fett unique besides it is YOUR fett...

From
    Vancouver, BC

Re: ESB or ROTJ - which way do I go?

ROTJ SE (Special Edition) would be your way to go. ESB Helmet, burgundy gauntlets and ROTJ Jetpack. There are a few other differences ( flight suit color, braids etc.) but you get the best of both worlds!

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

I'm in the middle of a quasi SE Fett right now, but sometimes I second guess myself. Like you, there are really elements of both that I like (many of them are opposite of yours, though! LOL!)

I love the ESB bucket and jetpack, not to mention the sweet flamethrower on the gaunts, but really like a lot of the armor, blaster and the shelter cape of ROTJ. I too like the beat up wine colored gaunts, but am not in love with the technicolor jetpack. I may someday assemble an SSE (Super Special Edition) that is all of those elements I like best, but I'm sticking with a standard build for now.

If you really want to be out there, do the Albino Fett. I really love this version

From
    madison,ms.

I went SE but about to finish turning into Rotj.
    It's a **** shoot either way. Clown colored jetpack or baby blue jumpsuit. Lol

From
    Marietta, Ga

Regardless of my bias toward the ESB costume based on aesthetics, I would go with whichever movie you liked more. I'm of the opinion that ROTJ Fett was presented as a chump and fell to his "death" at the hands of a blind Corellian. In contrast, Empire Fett was a cool calculating killer who one the respect of Vader and got the bounty head the whole Empire couldn't.

From
    North Texas

ESB because it is ESB

The helmet is better, more weapons, just plain cool.

From
    Cookeville, TN

I LOVE the ESB best of all but there is a certain "grunge" to the ROTJ suit that is kinda neat. I personally don't like the SE or post-movie promo suits because of the general condition and slap-dash reassembly of them.

Um PP2 is the best so go PP2,,

apolifka said: View Post
    Regardless of my bias toward the ESB costume based on aesthetics, I would go with whichever movie you liked more. I'm of the opinion that ROTJ Fett was presented as a chump and fell to his "death" at the hands of a blind Corellian. In contrast, Empire Fett was a cool calculating killer who one the respect of Vader and got the bounty head the whole Empire couldn't.
    Well put.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I love my ESB... but if I were to start over again today I would probably go original ROTJ.

This is because a majority of the images, toys, licensed material out there seems to be ROTJ. I think the general public (not the TDH community... we know of all the differences) is exposed to ROTJ Fett the most.

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

Wow, that is interesting. When you are trooping do you find people questioning those differences that are more obvious (jetpack, gauntlets etc) or is this more an overall perception you have?

From
    Bath, South West, UK

As a kid I would have gone with ROTJ Fett as I loved that film the most with the green lightsaber, Luke is a bad *** in it, the awesome lightsaber fights. But growing up ESB takes it for me now. The story is better. They didn't run out of ideas and make ANOTHER death star... :P Oh and I prefer the helmet, blaster and cape of ESB.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Fettered said: View Post
    Wow, that is interesting. When you are trooping do you find people questioning those differences that are more obvious (jetpack, gauntlets etc) or is this more an overall perception you have?
    I don't think that the general public notices the differences or cares... they just see "Boba Fett". (I never knew the difference until I began spending time on TDH) I just find that alot of the licensed stuff out there usually show the ROJT/ ROTJ SE. This is probably because there is more available reference material of those costumes that licensees get from Lucasfilm.

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

gotcha.

From
    Alberta Canada

I'm in the same situation as you! always flip flopping between esb and rotj, I like things about both and can never choose, but esb is probably what I'm going to swing towards because he has alot more weapons and looks slightly cooler in my opinion (but only just slightly)

Why are ROTJ jetpacks so darn expensive

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States
    Because there is quite a lot more work involved in painting a ROTJ style jetpack.

I know I just wanted to complain

Hey all. In regards to which version of Boba Fett (ESB or ROTJ), I personally like the ROTJ style the best. Speaking from an artistic background, the ROTJ jetpack has more variation in colors making Boba Fett more visually pleasing from the back (as oppose to the one-color-toned ESB). However, if you want to do ESB and have it look a little more detailed, you could make certain parts of the green jetpack dark green like the ESB cheek line and mayber another in between shade to give your jetpack something more to look at. Anyway it's just food for thought but good luck on your project!