This is sort of a progress thread for me. I know there are several of these threads going now, but here is mine.
I am using Terminal Fettler's process and suggested humbrol paints as a basis for the work, and have been/will be adding some topical details as well. Some steps have necessarily been slightly different so that I can showcase the metallic look of the cold cast for the damaged areas. This really has been a learning process so far, and there are several minor things I would do things differently next time. I expect this is the case for even the most seasoned veterans.
Questions? Fire away!
To keep the metal look, all metal damage needed to be masked before even adding primer and first coat. At this point the final level of detail is not reflected, as I took a broader approach to those areas, the detail to be added later.
After that I more or less have been sticking to TF's process. I added some more of the brown grunge to the left ear after this photo was taken to make it closer to AOSW pics.
On to the back. When I finally got to the green topcoat I wasn't getting the color I though I should with TF's 1:1 green to grey, so I upped the green level to about 2:1 with a subsequent coat, then burnished everything with steel wool.
I've applied the dark grey to the top and cheeks and am now masking off the silver and grey damage in anticipation of the green topcoat.