ESB helmet damage

  1. #1
    Murphoid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    From
    North Carolina
    Posts
    341

    ESB helmet damage

    Hey gang, I have a question I wanted to throw out there to see if some of the Fettxperts could answer for me. Is there any physical damage to the ESB Fett helmet below the paint?

    I've seen a few guys actually put marks on their ROTJ helmets, and that's the kind of detail I'd love to add to my MH, but before I go dremel-happy, I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

  2. #2
    mrbungle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    From
    ALABAMA!!!!!
    Posts
    568

    Re: ESB helmet damage

    check out TDH wiki , then helmet, then ESB . there are several examples of suberb paint jobs by the likes of darthmiller and spideyfett. some best examples i have found.

    hope that helps.

  3. #3
    Murphoid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    From
    North Carolina
    Posts
    341

    Re: ESB helmet damage

    mrbungle said: View Post
    check out TDH wiki , then helmet, then ESB . there are several examples of suberb paint jobs by the likes of darthmiller and spideyfett. some best examples i have found.

    hope that helps.

    Yeah, I've done plenty of scouring and research on the paint job. I wanted to know if there was any specific surface detail underneath the paint. Like here with Fettpride's ROTJ helmet:



    Is there an equivalent for the ESB helmet, or is it all subject to personal interpretation?

  4. #4
    superjedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    4,250

    Re: ESB helmet damage

    There is some physical damage to the helmet. . .
    There's a BIG GIANT DENT IN THE DOME!!!!!!!!




    Sorry. . . couldn't resist.


    Here's a pic from the TDH ref archive marked up to show a couple of spots. There may be some more scattered over the helmet. Just search thru the pics!


  5. #5
    Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    8,182

    Re: ESB helmet damage

    Before you go scouring too many pics, superjedi highlighted what some of us consider "the big three." These are seen on a number of helmets including the ESB hero. As far as "major" physical damage, those are your biggies. The ESB hero (and most of the other helmets for that matter) just don't have nearly the amount of physical damage as is seen on the RotJ.

  6. #6

    Re: ESB helmet damage

    ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    The ESB hero (and most of the other helmets for that matter) just don't have nearly the amount of physical damage as is seen on the RotJ.
    And that's just another reason why the RotJ is awesome

    I try to avoid using other fan projects as reference. The FP RotJ pics gave me a good idea of what to look for, but rather than using his photos as a guide, I went by the MoM pics in the reference gallery here.

    Those marks are definitely "must haves" for the ESB lid in my opinion. Those little bits of physical damage just make it seem much more real to me.

  7. #7
    mrbungle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    From
    ALABAMA!!!!!
    Posts
    568

    Re: ESB helmet damage

    stormtrooperguy nailed it!

  8. #8
    Murphoid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    From
    North Carolina
    Posts
    341

    Re: ESB helmet damage

    superjedi said: View Post
    There is some physical damage to the helmet. . .
    There's a BIG GIANT DENT IN THE DOME!!!!!!!!




    Sorry. . . couldn't resist.


    Here's a pic from the TDH ref archive marked up to show a couple of spots. There may be some more scattered over the helmet. Just search thru the pics!


    ART ANDREWS said:
    Before you go scouring too many pics, superjedi highlighted what some of us consider "the big three." These are seen on a number of helmets including the ESB hero. As far as "major" physical damage, those are your biggies. The ESB hero (and most of the other helmets for that matter) just don't have nearly the amount of physical damage as is seen on the RotJ.

    Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks a bundle guys!

  9. #9

    Re: ESB helmet damage

    Nice work

Similar Threads

  1. Battle Damage
    By graphixwizard in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 20, 2008, 4:14 PM
  2. major helmet damage
    By 609th asfod in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 18, 2007, 12:16 AM
  3. Helmet damage question
    By Desert_Beagle in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Mar 26, 2006, 6:06 PM
  4. helmet damage repair question.
    By mattstrikesback in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2004, 2:22 PM
  5. Scratch away damage
    By msquared in forum Prop Building Workshop
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jul 15, 2003, 4:01 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •