Ebay HelmetSubscribe
  1. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    Dec 3, 2015, 7:24 PM - Ebay Helmet #1

I found this helmet on ebay, I understand the fettpride is the most accurate out there. I did the conversion based on the given measurements and its a little smaller. What do you guys think, Are they worth it?

Fan Made Star Wars Vintage Bounty Hunter Boba Fett 501st Quality Figure Helmet | eBay
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Dec 3, 2015, 7:33 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #2

It looks good, but it's prolly not a fan made product. To be clear it's most likely a recast helmet from someone who's ok with profiting off of others work. Quality wise these usually suffer from thin spots and/or poor casting materials or skills.

It is a cheap price though. You can get a great lid for around $250, but you must, of course, do what you feel is best.
    Don't take this as chiding but rather knowledge sharing....

- - - Updated - - -

And now comes the part where a mod tell you not to post links to eBay auctions that are not your own....
    Last edited by syllander; Dec 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM.
    Dec 3, 2015, 7:51 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #3

Its really ruff, probably a recast. I think you would be better off using a target helmet than this one.
  5. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    Dec 3, 2015, 8:00 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #4

Thanks guys, I was looking at those target helmets. I heard they were kind of brittle, Any tips on reinforcing?
    Dec 3, 2015, 8:04 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #5

You'd be better off getting a budget cast from animefan...check out the cargo hold. If you want a decent lid, don't start with this lid or the target lid...
    Last edited by syllander; Dec 3, 2015 at 8:10 PM.
    Dec 3, 2015, 8:06 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #6

I agree. You are better off starting with a good base. The newer you are to the game them more valuable a good cast is. I would research the forums and find a reputable maker here.
  8. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    Dec 3, 2015, 8:13 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #7

I read animefan took over fettpride's casting(which was super accurate). Ive seen his thread for the $155 lid, probabley end up getting that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw here's a link to an opportunist trying to make out like a bandit. lol

Star Wars Boba Fett Helmet Collectors Disney Lucas Film Exclusive BNIB Sold Out | eBay
    Dec 3, 2015, 8:19 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #8

Good to read they plenty of threads, and have to consider your size and or desire for more screen sized kids. And your budget as well. If your a guy who's around 5'6", and you're gonna wear the lid, there are other options, but the Bobamaker lid is out of the 150 price range. The GMH is smaller than the BM, but not sure if Christy(ASOK) is still producing parts.if your 5'8" or taller, and or want screen sized, go with the animefan.
  10. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    Dec 3, 2015, 8:24 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #9

I'm 5'11" so I guess Ill go animefan. Thanks a lot guys!
    Dec 3, 2015, 8:41 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #10

I was actually bidding on the same helmet put up by that seller about a week ago. It sold for about $160 and I wasn't so sure about the quality to be honest, although this one looks better internally than the previous one did. Personally I'd go for Animefan's helmet. I just ordered mine and am very excited for it, and the pictures I've seen of his casts look far better than that.
    Dec 3, 2015, 8:55 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #11

AnimeFans helmets are top notch, neither of you will be disappointed.
  13. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    Dec 3, 2015, 8:59 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #12

Did a bit more hunting, and found some other helmets on here. Darth Voorhees makes an esb lid so i'll look into that one.

Speak of the devil and he will appear. lol
    Dec 3, 2015, 9:19 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #13

Quote tentativeguise said: View Post
    I found this helmet on ebay, I understand the fettpride is the most accurate out there. I did the conversion based on the given measurements and its a little smaller. What do you guys think, Are they worth it?

Fan Made Star Wars Vintage Bounty Hunter Boba Fett 501st Quality Figure Helmet | eBay
    Actually the current fettpride helmet, the fph2, is one of the least accurate helmets out there and should be avoided if accuracy is your goal. Fact.
  15. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    Dec 3, 2015, 9:36 PM - Re: Ebay Helmet #14

Thanks for the tip