Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Sep 2014
    Sep 24, 2014, 3:06 AM - ears using wof templates #1

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to building helmets as well. My 4 year old wants to be Boba Fett for Halloween and what mother could say no to that? So here I am, reading on this forum for hours learning how to scratch build him a helmet. I am using the WOF templates and so far so good. I am just now starting to assemble the ears and I am a little confused. I think I know how they go together, but I am hesitant to cut and glue after all the work I have put into just cutting them out. Is there a step by step on assembling the ears from WOF templates? If so, please point me in the right direction. I will go work on my 8 year olds storm trooper helmet while waiting for a reply
    Sep 24, 2014, 11:09 AM - Re: ears using wof templates #2

First, welcome to the community! I don't know if there's a tutorial for just the ears, but Antman's helmet tutorial (using the WOF templates) includes tips and guidelines for the ears.
    Here's the thread, http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/a...h-build-24821/
    As with anything, there's many different ways to go about it. Whatever works best for you and as always have fun!
  3. Member Since
    Sep 2014
    Sep 24, 2014, 1:50 PM - Re: ears using wof templates #3

Thanks mcfarlj3! I did check out antman's tutorial. It was immensely helpful and the only reason why the helmet looks like it is supposed to at this point From what I can tell he deviated from the template and did something different with the ears. He layered them instead of them being hollow...I think. I would just go with what Antman did because there is a tutorial, but before I checked out his tutorial I already cut out all the little shapes and plus I don't have enough poster board left to do it his way. I don't want to buy another sheet as it's super expensive in Alaska. That is why I was hoping somebody followed the WOF templates way and laid it out for newbies like me. Thanks again for the reply!!
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Sep 24, 2014, 2:38 PM - Re: ears using wof templates #4

Another option is using craft foam for the ears from hobby lobby or somewhere...or even foam core...
    Sep 24, 2014, 3:05 PM - Re: ears using wof templates #5

This thread is more of a WIP rather than tutorial and he is using the Raf templates, but maybe the pictures will help. It's been helpful for me at least.
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/se-boba-build-48927/