Don Post bucket

From
    NE Pennsylvania

Don Post bucket

Just picked one up off eBay for $44.00 shipped.

Has some light damage on the front...looks as if it is cracked a little bit around the T visor and the visor itself has started to come unglued at the bottom. Looks to be an easy fix. I will snap some shots when it gets here. Woot!!! Just made my evening.

-Nate

Account Deactivated

Re: Don Post bucket

Ive been watching this on the bay , good price , i may be wrong but im sure it was painted by a member here a few years ago , i almost baught it back then ,
    Its a bit warpt but with a little work with a heat g or similar and some hot glue.
    you should be able to get it looking good

From
    NE Pennsylvania

Update...
    Got it today while I was at work and it was home waiting for me. Warp is not bad at all; should take a slight tweak with a heat gun and be ok. Crack is minor and mostly on the T-visor. So if I cut out the T-visor and a little bondo will be good as new.

Good sanding and a paint job, should be pretty dang good.
    Will try to post some pics after while.

From
    NE Pennsylvania

Update: Pics as promised.
    You can see the crack...not a big deal when I cut out the T-visor. You can also see the slight warpage. Heat gun time. Only question I have is:
    should I heat gun and fix slight warp before or after I cut out the T-visor?

Sorry for the size...I am not sure how to resize them to thumbnails. Well the search I did and the instructions I followed did not seem to work. If there are any mods that feel the need, please resize if you like. Thanks

Account Deactivated

you will probably need to heat gun it both times
    you can even use hot water, if you dont own a heat gun , cant see the pics(computer probs) or a hair dryer

From
    NE Pennsylvania

The top of the range finder is missing as well but that should be an easy fix. Not to sure I like the green that was used here...to dark.
    All in all not bad for $40 shipped.

I just received a Don Post from ebay today myself, glad I saw this thread. The stalk on the rangefinder is broken and the top is missing as well. It is warped as hell, so I just started heat gunning it and trying to reshape it. The front is a mess, but I have the back rounded out. I think I am going to cut out the visor and put a new one in. Mine was only $20 shipped, so it was a steal. This is my first Fett bucket, so it will be good to practice on it.

From
    NE Pennsylvania

Good luck and good find!
    Did you just eye it up for the rear roundness or did you use something to help?
    I have not got a chance to do anything yet...dang snow and work keep getting in the way. I don't like the kill stripes on mine either; I just found some templates for it right here on TDH.

I need to get to work on this. I guess I am not going for total screen accurate for my first Fett...as long as it looks close and looks good I will be happy. Perhaps #2 I will go for the screen accurate one.

I actually used one of my kids' bike helmets. I heated it up, and pushed it down on the bike helmet. It rounded out the back and flared out the sides. I'll snap some picks after it completely cools. I tried a basketball and soccer ball, but that didn't work. I just eyeballed the front parts. It's getting there.

I agree with the first Fett, I'm in the same boat. The first shot will be close and look good, and go from there. I've only done a TK, so I'm still new at this.

SNate said: View Post
    Good luck and good find!
    Did you just eye it up for the rear roundness or did you use something to help?
    I have not got a chance to do anything yet...dang snow and work keep getting in the way. I don't like the kill stripes on mine either; I just found some templates for it right here on TDH.

I need to get to work on this. I guess I am not going for total screen accurate for my first Fett...as long as it looks close and looks good I will be happy. Perhaps #2 I will go for the screen accurate one.