Does JB weld dry better in the heat of the sun...

Does JB weld dry better in the heat of the sun...

Or should it be in a cooler area?

Thanks guys!

G-Fett

From
    New Orleans

Re: Does JB weld dry better in the heat of the sun...

I use it all the time, and have tryed both ways. I find it dries a little faster if its in a cool place.

TR 4059 said: View Post
    I use it all the time, and have tryed both ways. I find it dries a little faster if its in a cool place.
    Thanks TR, I think I am going to get some fiberglass today, too.

G-Fett

From
    Hartselle,Alabama

Fiberglass,JB Weld and other two part when activatied create on heat source once combined from their chemical reaction.For example mix part A with part B then you will feel a heat develop.The tempature around the product can effect the curing times of said product.
    When it is hot outside I will use less cream in my body filler mix and when it is cold outside I use a little more.
    Long explanation short....JB Weld is a two part mix that hardens from a chemical reaction of the two parts.The enviromental tempature around JBWeld will either slow it down or speed up the curing process.
    Hope this helps
    Oh ,I noticed you are getting fibergalss(resign)..remember the more liquid activator you add to the resign the less work time you have before the resign begins to cure and harden.

Thanks for the advice Mike!

G-Fett
    LOPERO said: View Post
    Fiberglass,JB Weld and other two part when activatied create on heat source once combined from their chemical reaction.For example mix part A with part B then you will feel a heat develop.The tempature around the product can effect the curing times of said product.
    When it is hot outside I will use less cream in my body filler mix and when it is cold outside I use a little more.
    Long explanation short....JB Weld is a two part mix that hardens from a chemical reaction of the two parts.The enviromental tempature around JBWeld will either slow it down or speed up the curing process.
    Hope this helps
    Oh ,I noticed you are getting fibergalss(resign)..remember the more liquid activator you add to the resign the less work time you have before the resign begins to cure and harden.