Subscribe
  1. Grand Moff Fett
    Guest
    Dec 20, 2005, 9:58 AM - dimensions #1

    I was wondering wether the dimensions for the Boba Fett movie helmet are the same as the Jango Fett movie helmet. I am about to launch my new website and am selling BF helmets. If the dimensions are the same I will make Jango kits. Are the same or different?
  2. Gator Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    806
    Dec 20, 2005, 11:16 AM - Re: dimensions #2

    Quote Mandalorian Creator said:
    I am about to launch my new website and am selling BF helmets.
    What kind of helmet will you be selling? Your own sculpt? Recast of a DP Deluxe? Other helmet of questionable origins?

    Quote Mandalorian Creator said:
    If the dimensions are the same I will make Jango kits. Are the same or different?
    If you are good enought to make your own helmets, you should already know the answer to this question.
  3. Grand Moff Fett
    Guest
    Dec 20, 2005, 2:13 PM - Re: dimensions #3

    Quote Gator Fett said:
    What kind of helmet will you be selling? Your own sculpt? Recast of a DP Deluxe? Other helmet of questionable origins?


    If you are good enought to make your own helmets, you should already know the answer to this question.

    I am not making my own, I am selling BF helmet kits through another person. They are sculpted from a mystery helmet. He does not want to make jango kits because he is too busy. I have replicated his molds, and want to make sure of the dimensions of the JF so I am nearly perfect.
  4. Gator Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    806
    Dec 20, 2005, 2:41 PM - Re: dimensions #4

    Quote Mandalorian Creator said:
    I am not making my own, I am selling BF helmet kits through another person. They are sculpted from a mystery helmet. He does not want to make jango kits because he is too busy. I have replicated his molds, and want to make sure of the dimensions of the JF so I am nearly perfect.
    So let me get this straight.

    Some other person, recast a Boba mystery helmet, and is trying to sell them through you?

    You then made a mold from that helment, and are trying to modify it to a Jango helmet, because he is too busy?

    Is it just me ... or does anyone else smell fish?
  5. Jango_Fett_Jr's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,957
    Dec 20, 2005, 3:07 PM - Re: dimensions #5

    Quote Mandalorian Creator said:
    They are sculpted from a mystery helmet.
    Clarify "sculpted from"...
  6. Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    42
    Dec 20, 2005, 4:22 PM - Re: dimensions #6

    definitely seems odd to me too...
  7. batninja's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,900
    Dec 20, 2005, 4:31 PM - Re: dimensions #7

    A healthy bit of info:

    Recasting Guidelines
    Last edited by batninja; Dec 20, 2005 at 4:37 PM.
  8. Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    42
    Dec 20, 2005, 6:42 PM - Re: dimensions #8

    wow. that seems pretty definitive... Makes me wonder if he has permission. If he does then would it be cool? Kinda like he's the front man or sales force so to speak.
  9. pennywise's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,437
    Dec 20, 2005, 7:15 PM - Re: dimensions #9

    Quote batninja said:
    A healthy bit of info:

    Recasting Guidelines
    What he said
  10. batninja's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,900
    Dec 20, 2005, 7:58 PM - Re: dimensions #10

    Quote The_Sith_Hunter said:
    wow. that seems pretty definitive... Makes me wonder if he has permission. If he does then would it be cool? Kinda like he's the front man or sales force so to speak.
    The only two people 'grandfathered' to still reproduce a helmet of unknown origin, as mentioned in the guidelines, are SgtFang and Marrow_Sun, both of which members of this forum. The reasons for their exclusions have already gone through EXTENSIVE debate and investigation by the moderators of this forum.

    If one of those two people stepped up and said it would be okay, then yeah, I suppose the mods might allow it. But I doubt that'll happen.

    I don't mean to sound so callous here, but everytime the practice of recasting is brought up, it almost always turns into a 'what if I did it this way?' mentality. Just tell your friend that practice is not allowed on this forum, in ANY form.
    Last edited by batninja; Dec 20, 2005 at 8:04 PM.
  11. cookiemongoloid is offline cookiemongoloid
    Dec 20, 2005, 9:31 PM - Re: dimensions #11

    Your freind isn't Amildafilder is it?
  12. Grand Moff Fett
    Guest
    Dec 20, 2005, 10:17 PM - Re: dimensions #12

    I am not in anyway copying anybody's work. He is my partner, and has given me permision to try to copy his helmets.
    Please dont accuse me, I am doing nothing wrong. I have read through those guidelines and are not violating any of those rules.
  13. Jango_Fett_Jr's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,957
    Dec 20, 2005, 10:20 PM - Re: dimensions #13

    Who is your partner? The accusations of recasting, while admittedly a little early, is based on your statement that it is "sculpted from a Mystery Helmet".

    Do you have any more information and photos of this helmet he is making?
  14. Grand Moff Fett
    Guest
    Dec 20, 2005, 10:28 PM - Re: dimensions #14

    His name is John Hamilton, and has never before been on this sight or attemted to sell anything online.
    It isnt recasted: he has one and has used it as a model for his helmets. They are made of Sintra. I dont want to start off here with a bad reputation.

    We were not aware of this site until a few moths ago. I am not one to post much, so you may not have been aware of my presence.

    Once he completes another helemt, I will post pics. There are a few poeple in my town who also are costumers, and he sells some of his work to them.

    ansering another question, he is extremly busy because he is the manager of a large meat packing chain located around our area.
  15. pennywise's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,437
    Dec 20, 2005, 10:37 PM - Re: dimensions #15

    Quote Mandalorian Creator said:
    I am not in anyway copying anybody's work. He is my partner, and has given me permision to try to copy his helmets.
    Please dont accuse me, I am doing nothing wrong. I have read through those guidelines and are not violating any of those rules.
    He's your partner?
  16. Grand Moff Fett
    Guest
    Dec 20, 2005, 11:14 PM - Re: dimensions #16

    ha ha. u know what i mean.

    website/buisness.
  17. batninja's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,900
    Dec 21, 2005, 12:10 AM - Re: dimensions #17

    I think the phrase 'sculpted from a Mystery helmet' is what raised a few eyebrows. Now you've stated he used it as a model for his helmets. You have to understand our concern, especially when it comes to recasting TDH members' work. What methods did he use to 'model' the Mystery helmet?

    You may want to let your partner know that it would be a good idea to document his particular construction process, especially the initial design. Documenting one's work is the only way to prove the prop's origin, should it ever come into question.

    Good luck with your venture. I, for one, look forward to the new design!
  18. pennywise's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,437
    Dec 21, 2005, 2:34 AM - Re: dimensions #18

    Quote Mandalorian Creator said:
    ha ha. u know what i mean.

    website/buisness.
    Just kidding , your new so your gonna get a mild hazing. Welcome aboard
  19. Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,903
    Dec 21, 2005, 3:57 AM - Re: dimensions #19

    So ppl let me clarify this. I have scratch built a BF bucket, and i do mean scratch built see my previous thread (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=9771) oh and btw i have now moved the mandibles inwards . Once i have the female cast completed and i can produce fibreglass buckets, i am ok to try to sell them on this forum (if anyone would buy them )
  20. Jaiden's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    578
    Dec 21, 2005, 6:56 AM - Re: dimensions #20

    Ronin, the rules are pretty straight forward. You can't take a bucket that is currently in production, licenced or fan-made, make casts of that and sell it as your work. You can, as you did, take picks of the process and keep them handy for any possible dispute about the work. If you do this, you are free to offer your work here or on eBay as fan-made.

    Pennywise, your evil.

    MC, I too eagerly await your pics. I love to see the craftsmanship that goes into a custom Fett. And as advised, get as many pics as possibly to CYA when you go to sell the work.
  21. Grand Moff Fett
    Guest
    Dec 21, 2005, 5:19 PM - Re: dimensions #21

    Quote Jaiden said:
    Ronin, the rules are pretty straight forward. You can't take a bucket that is currently in production, licenced or fan-made, make casts of that and sell it as your work. You can, as you did, take picks of the process and keep them handy for any possible dispute about the work. If you do this, you are free to offer your work here or on eBay as fan-made.

    Pennywise, your evil.

    MC, I too eagerly await your pics. I love to see the craftsmanship that goes into a custom Fett. And as advised, get as many pics as possibly to CYA when you go to sell the work.
    yes, I only used pics from the helmet.
    Pics coming soon

Similar Threads

  1. stalk dimensions
    By Ronin677 in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 14, 2005, 11:49 AM
  2. Gauntlet Dimensions
    By Nutcore in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Oct 7, 2005, 6:29 PM
  3. BF helmet dimensions
    By Ershak in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun 12, 2005, 7:06 AM
  4. Decal dimensions?
    By biomechaniod56 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2004, 4:52 PM
  5. Keypad Dimensions
    By Migrate from As You Wish in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 2, 2002, 6:38 AM