Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

DID I GET SCREWED?!

Account Deactivated cookiemongoloid's Avatar
    From
    U.S. California

DID I GET SCREWED?!

Okay, I just recieved a so called "Mystery" helmet in the mail that I ordered from ebay. And I am a little unhappy with it. It was promised to have been sanded and smooth, but in fact there were many "tags" on it that need to be removed. These pictures show the helmet AS IS, right out of the box, so I didn't monkey around with it or anything. AND, the ears, rangefinder, etc, didn't come, as they were promised. So I don't know what this clown on ebay was thinking. I have slim to no modeling skills. So I am going to need all the advice I can get. First question, should I try to get my money back? Or should I try fixing it? Here are the pictures.

Re: DID I GET SCREWED?!

im pretty new here, but i would say get your $'s back. i think you can find allot of lids that are ready to go and not requiring repair before you get started.

just my 2 cents

slaveR5

From
    St. Catharines, ON

WOW. Definitely do what you can to get your money back. That's recast, and terrible one at that.

From
    THE OC , Southern Cali

Depends.....if you got it for a steal then i would say do a bit of sanding and it should be alright....Most of the damage looks to be in the right visor area and above which will be removed and you can sand up that area and it wont even be noticable once's you've painted it....But....if you payed a handfull for it i would say return it and get your money back

woa how much did u pay for that thing?! get your money back as soon as possible! thats a piece of crap, and thats no mystery sized, looks like don post. contact that guy as soon as possible

From
    Great Britain

DID I GET SCREWED?!
    Yes....yes you did Seriously dude have some serious words with the seller, that is not only poor craftmanship, thats just plain not right! How much did you pay?

DA

From
    U.S. California

I payed $165.00 for this monstrosity. So do you think that there is any hope for this helmet?

cookiemongoloid said:
    I payed $165.00 for this monstrosity. So do you think that there is any hope for this helmet?
    geez u could got a really good mystery bucket for about that much on here, return it as soon as possible.

From
    Great Britain

$165.00

I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    From
    Fear and Loathing in a Galaxy farther...away...

If you paid anywhere over 100 to 150.00 for this I would get my money back, but good luck on that. It might be easier just to count your losses and practice painting on this 1st bucket. Later you can get a way better bucket, and by that time, you will have some skills under your belt.

Sent it back!

If seller reinburses you $120 keep it, the way it is.. its not worth more than $45..too much of your time to sand and fill.

Just looking at it i can tell you that once you start to sand it there will be air pockets and thin layers...

Should have talked to Marrow Sun....

From
    U.S. California

Yes. I payed $165.00 for this. Once again, it was promised to come with all the other pieces (except for the stalk), and it came with none. I got it on ebay. Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

From

yeah this seller in my opinion is bad JU JU!!
    Luckily for me a fellow THD'er warned me about these sellers bad recast. Sorry man. If you paid with Paypal just open a dispute as 'recieved item, but was not what was described'. Go that route if the seller is a jerk-off and won't give you a full refund (including shipping)

Also be highly suspecious of ebay auctions that are private.

did you use paypal? i would contact paypal and file a refund on it...

From
    The first state

A terrible shame....$165 is pure rape....the seller should be utterly ashamed of himself. If you get stuck with it,I've got some ears and a stalk I might be able to help you with. They're for a DP Deluxe,but should fit a "Mystery" (even a recast).

Good luck with the refund.

Steve

From
    U.S. California

Thanks for all of the advise guys. Yes I used paypal, and I am very new to it. So I am not sure exactly how this should work. Should I complain to ebay or paypal? And if I do get my money back, will it be from the seller? or paypal? or ebay? And what would I do with the helmet? Give it back to the seller? or just keep it? Sorry for all of the questions, but I am new here. And thanks for the offer for the earpieces. I just might buy them off of you. Oh, and I just emailed the guy on ebay just asking for the missing parts, I didn't mention the quality of the hemlet quite yet.
    Last edited by cookiemongoloid; Nov 18, 2005 at 4:48 PM.

From
    Glasgow, Scotland. :(

WARNING!
    Paypal will likely NOT help you at all if you say that you "Got the item but it was not as described".

They'll say that you got something, so the dispute is between you and the seller.
    How did you fund the Paypal transaction?
    If credit card, you may have some comeback through your CC company.

From
    Glasgow, Scotland. :(

Looking at the auction, the helmet you recieved is NOT the item pictured.
    You might want to email eBay themselves, and point out that this is in breach of *Insert local trading standards laws here*.

From
    U.S. California

Okay thanks.

From

or what you can do than...is play his game, say you didn't get nothing at all (does he have a delivery confimation on the box? it is a neon green slip)
    In fact there is an opition there in paypal that you can mark as getting 'a box of bricks'
    Just say you got a fiberglass dome that doens't look like anything!
    BTW you wouldn't really be stretching the truth by much

Try this means of course if the seller doesn't want to work with you.

This guy's story has changed a bit over the years. It used to be that he had only a limited number of helmets from a fan film that never happened. Then he bought a bunch of how-to mold/fiberglass kits (someone went into his feedback and saw the ebay purchases lol) and started selling a couple each month. The quality hasn't improved at all apparently.

I have to admit that I bought a helmet from him a while back before I knew better and it arrived crushed. He sent me a new one and I kept the old one. If you can get your money back and return it i'd go that route- he is reasonable and that helmet doesn't look like the one in the auction at all! No sanding... paleeeeze.

If you are stuck with it I think you can beat it into shape with a dremmel, bondo, and some tlc.

Good luck!

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

And I would wait to get your money back and then give him some very negative feedback on ebay. That helmet is brutal.

pay pal will not help you with items "not as described" ebay will be more help if you had some type of protection or insurance. Otherwise if you want a refund he most likely will want the item returned - and this is the risky part - he can no longer be trusted, and may say the box came empty.... eat the loss and chalk it up to expierence - (and buy some clay to scratch build....)

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

screwed is an understatement

From
    Corbin, Ky

I hope he bought you dinner before that!