Did all Don Post Deluxe's come with Pre Made Scratches ?

Did all Don Post Deluxe's come with Pre Made Scratches ?

Quick question, quick answer needed. Did all DP Deluxes have the crappy prescratched surfaces in the detail ? OR were some smooth ?

gm

Re: Did all Don Post Deluxe's come with Pre Made Scratches ?

All ones I have seen have had premade scratches.

Mine is a LE #75, and I have seen ones well into the hundreds with the premade scratches. I believe they all came with the scratches...but I can't be a hundred percent sure.

so I were converting a Jango, the best way to go is through a DP 95 or something like it ? Is 97 close enough ?

I have only seen recasts of DP deluxes, but is the helmet that much more bigger than the DP...I know its a stupid question, sorry.

I think the DP deluxe is big enough to make a proper difference. The DP deluxe would make a better Jango than ESB Fett (smaller helmet for the shorter Jango). But those scratches are a pain if you are going to go Jango.

Here is a pic of my deluxe next to a DP 95. You're going to have a heck of a time with a DP 97- train wreck. A 95 you could work with, although it maybe undersized-- though it won't look as undersized as an ESB converted helmet would.

From
    The first state

Ya'll are going to laugh me out,but I'm going to convert my DP Deluxe recast into a Jango,......dent,and scratches complete.I'm going to weather the heck out of it too :evil

It'll definitely be different when I'm done since I've seen so many absolutely pristine Jango helemets.

Steve

Some of us need a smaller helmet, so it looks like we have a neck...

'96 is ok to use, too. It's about like a '95, but without the deeply recessed visor. I actually really like the '96 for the money. I threw my '97 away in disgust.

I Am doing the same,...for the past two nights I have been really sanding away at my DLX recast and the warps, bumps and scratches are driving me nuts ! Yet, for some reason, I am enjoying it...go figure..prop work = happiness I should put up some progress pics.

lisafett- howz the dog doing ? That poor thing was so cute , even when I was teasing her/him with my food !!!

FettsBounty

Did the '96 helmets have premade scratches as well? Mine does, and I've been told mine may be some sort of rare variation.

-Austin
    BH-1116

I have three words for ya!
    Bondo as filler!

LisaFett wrote:Some of us need a smaller helmet, so it looks like we have a neck...
    Or shoulders. It's quite sad. But other than that (and the paint job and all), I love my 96, if only to lord it over Taffer that I have one.