Here is my first successful mold and cast done from the Scratchbuild a did a while ago. This is my first time to really attempt this medium, and I know I am still very much an amateur, but I feel I'm having some success right now, which is making me want to keep going forward with this project!
It took me a while to finally get to this point as well as going through a somewhat failed attempt while experimenting with my first silicone mold that I separated into halves. With that, I ended up having more problems than it was worth with resin casts coming out significantly deformed, not to mention other complications with the urethane resin leaking onto my mother mold. Anyway, this is my second mold done, using more of a "sock" method (don't know if there is another term for it) and keeping it as one whole piece as opposed to separating it, and the whole thing turned out pretty decent IMO. The one thing I did struggle with was trying to brush on the urethane resin which didn't work out so well, forcing me to try slush casting without a real lip at the bottom. There may be other forms of resin or gelcoats that are more suitable for brushing onto a mold that I don't know of, but for now, I'm looking to just create a disposable, artificial ring around the base that I can use for slush casting after every turn.
As far as the cast goes, it's far from perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it. There're only a few little deformities in it here and there. I know it pales in comparison to the other more accurate casts that are available, but I do take some pride in mine if only because I've been going about this whole project making everything by hand.
So anyway, I just felt like sharing. Enjoy! *Note* I did not include any pics of the the fiberglass mother mold jacket