Ok, I figured it's time to start this thread. I've never done anything like this prior so this is a project of learning at the same time for me. I got the helmet on the 28th of May and have been struggling to find the time to work on it. I decided to do all the cutting and trimming prior to giving it an acetone bath. I've done a lot of sweating and made only a few marks that will require filling.
I have to say, the casting on this helmet is flawless (Kudos to Chris!). As far as mounting the ears, I've decided to use glue on everything for the time being in anticipation of metal ears in the near future. I don' t want to drill any holes that may not necessarily match up with those in the future. I've obtained an original switch (thanks to Jinto!) and an SX-70 for the RF in anticipation. I should get a borden connector before I do any heavy work on this.
The only trimming I have left to do is thinning out the top of the visor which will be the hardest part due to it being very difficult to get at thanks to those cheek indents.
I was initially torn about which helmet to do on this. Aside from the obvious PP2, I think this would be ideal as an ROTJ helmet. I'm highly biased toward the ESB however (that IS Boba Fett as far as I'm concerned). The ESB helmet is so much different than the rest by comparison that I'm almost reluctant to do it. But, I can't help it... I have to have ESB. ESB or bust, baby! This will be a rattlecan job as my wife would kill me if I went and bought an airbrush for this.
My project today was to finish filing out the keyslots. That didn't take too long but I had to use a metal emery board to open the horizontals enough to get my file in there.
Ok, on to the photos... these are 640x480 for the time being in the interest of space.