Well, I got my new Bobamaker helmet in the mail last week. It took my about 4 days to full paint it. It's not 100% yet (I need to add some grey to the lower cheeks) but I think it's a big improvement over my last paintjob. I've included some side by side photos with my old Sgt Fang bucket.
The Sgt Fang is on the left. I used a layered method; primer grey uncoat, followed by metallic silver and a clear coat. Latex paint masked off areas, and the the colours were added one at a time. Some of the red, grey, and yellow highlights were added via brush, esp on the left ear.
Here's a good pic of the mannequin display; so far I've gotten the new helmet, and repainted all of the armor.