Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Nov 23, 2012, 8:18 PM - Calculator in helmet? #1

Is the Casio MQ-1 calculator really embedded in the original helmet or is it just a plaster cast?

Are these collectable or fairly common?

I have this one listed on ebay but should i hang on to it instead of selling? Probably too late now to change my mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110977965318...84.m1555.l2649
    Last edited by rci2950; Nov 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM.
    Nov 23, 2012, 11:03 PM - Calculator in helmet? #2

The circuit board sits inside the rear slots on the helmet. I've seen them go for a fair bit on ebay
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Nov 23, 2012, 11:32 PM - Re: Calculator in helmet? #3

You will get a very good price from Fett-heads on Ebay for this. The circuit board inside the calculator does indeed partly cover the rear keyslots in the helmet, but the actual keypad itself is the very one found on the gauntlets, and even the battery cover with the word 'battery' on it, was a recently discovered part on another section of the gauntlets, due to the excellent detective work of member Darth Voorhees, when Art was able to aquire some genuine gauntlet casts. So a pretty good little buy all round for a fett lover!
    Nov 25, 2012, 11:58 PM - Re: Calculator in helmet? #4

any picture to show where the battery cover is located on the gaunts thanks...
    Nov 26, 2012, 12:19 AM - Re: Calculator in helmet? #5

Here you go Darth Z.. These images are from a fairly recent Showoff thread of Art's, titled : SHOWOFF: Boba Fett Gauntlets, obviously started by Art himself. (I would've provided the actual thread link, but my PC is playing silly buggers and not allowing me to do so at the minute...) As these images were documented there, I figured it was fine to use, however, if either of these Gentlemen have issue with me using thier info or images, please feel free to delete. This was some fantastic detective work on both of these guys parts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gauntlet battery cover.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	65734
  6. Nov 26, 2012, 12:29 AM - Re: Calculator in helmet? #6

Quote darth z said: View Post
    any picture to show where the battery cover is located on the gaunts thanks...
    Its the side button..

It was used in the master and vac formed over. So on the actual vac formed gaunts, you cant see where it says "battery" But on these casts that Art now owns, taken from the inside of screen used Gauntlets, you can see the detail.

heres the thread on those if you're interested
    Boba Fett Costume Resource - Cevantes Boba Fett Gauntlets

EDIT: Haha you beat me to it Jayvee!
    Nov 26, 2012, 12:49 AM - Re: Calculator in helmet? #7

All good DV - you were the brains behind it all anyways brother!