Right only a little bit of progress. I bought some Tesco value sandpaper for about 50p. Then started sanding away at the mass of polyfiller. Working down from 60grad to 100. I wrapped the sanding paper round a block of wood to try and get better control.
After a lot of sanding here it is.
I also started on the dent, This is where accuracy went out the window. I cut a random sized hole in roughly the right position. Glued a bit of card behind and filled it in with polyfiller (had to do this in layers)
I then made the main lines using a small file. After that I've been slowly shaping it with 60 grad sandpaper.
That's all for now I need to finish the dent and then when I get some supplies I'll work on the vent.
Note: these are now camera phone images as the camera I used previously wasn't mine and I couldn't bring to Uni.
Total spend is now £5.50.
Large card for main helmet & mask : £2.00
Pint o' PVA Glue: £3.00