Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 14, 2003, 2:20 AM - Merged: It's HERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 * New comparison shots* #1

Well, after some initial trimming and a very loooooong day at work I have two new comparison shots, Only lacking more detail on the MSH2 because of the stupid sun *shakes fist*. Enjoy!

------------------
    Man oh man, it's a beautiful thing... And it's uhh, big!
    THANKS FP!

Excuse the quality of the picture, my cammera sucks and I don't have very good lighting conditions at the moment.
    Dec 14, 2003, 2:56 AM - Merged: Re: It's HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 #2

Dec 14, 2003, 3:04 AM - Merged: Re: It's HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 #3

Looks great!

Thanks for the VS. Shot

~Bobby

Dec 14, 2003, 6:18 AM - Merged: Re: It's HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 #4

i love that helmet looks better than the DP Delux and looks more like the movie version used.

Will these be available for other members on the TDH if so someone please PM me

cheers

Neil
    uk-scout TB7290
    www.uk-scout.co.uk
    ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
    Dec 14, 2003, 7:24 AM - Merged: Re: It's HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 #5

ukscout wrote:

i love that helmet looks better than the DP Delux and looks more like the movie version used.

Will these be available for other members on the TDH if so someone please PM me

cheers

Neil
    uk-scout TB7290
    www.uk-scout.co.uk
    ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
    Check this thread.... http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=6850&forum=2

Lynn
  6. reidemiller
    Dec 14, 2003, 10:48 AM - Merged: Re: It's HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 #6

That is AWESOME!
    I've wanted one of these for a LONG TIME!
    Looks Awesome!
    Your a lucky Fett!
    Robert E.
    Dec 15, 2003, 12:22 PM - Merged: Re: It's HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 #7

I got my bucket today!! It is awesome!!

Thanks again bud,
    Lynn

Dec 15, 2003, 1:12 PM - Merged: Re: It's HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 #8

Sexy aint it?
    Dec 15, 2003, 1:59 PM - Merged: Re: It's HERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 * New comparison shots* #9

Looks sweet! I'd like to see a comparison shot of the MSH2 helmet next to a standard DP 95 or 96. I've got a heavily modified DP 96 and I'm curious how much larger this is. I guessing one could probably put a DP 96 directly into the MSH2.
    Dec 15, 2003, 3:05 PM - Merged: Re: It's HERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 * New comparison shots* #10

webchief wrote:

Looks sweet! I'd like to see a comparison shot of the MSH2 helmet next to a standard DP 95 or 96. I've got a heavily modified DP 96 and I'm curious how much larger this is. I guessing one could probably put a DP 96 directly into the MSH2.

Nope ... not even close man .... There will be more pics to come.

Lyntxp - E-Mail Already sent.

Dec 15, 2003, 7:11 PM - Merged: Re: It's HERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 * New comparison shots* #11

Really? Wow... I thought a Don Post was really that much too small.
    Dec 15, 2003, 8:54 PM - Merged: Re: It's HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 #12

Baddblood wrote:

Sexy aint it?
    As Shania Twain.....

Lynn
    Dec 16, 2003, 7:14 AM - <B>Merged:</B> Re: It's HERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 * New comparison shots* #13

Nice Helmet!
    How can you specify the size of the real bucket used in the movies? I thought that the Don Post was molded from the real thing and that only the dome is too flat. In some stills of the movies, the helmet doesn’t look larger than the Don Post. Have they used different sizes?
    Last edited by T-Visor; Aug 8, 2005 at 10:05 AM.
    Dec 16, 2003, 9:34 AM - Merged: Re: It's HERE! Dp DLX vs. MSH2 * New comparison shots* #14

Well the origin claim on the Don Post Deluxe was a bit vague. I have the original ad, but so I won't misquote I'll say their wording of the Deluxe origin is some-what vague and open to interpretation.

Once upon a time, several board members here took a trip to MoM in New York and brought along a Don Post deluxe with them to compare it to the Jedi hero helmet. At that time, no one really believed the Deluxe would be too far off from the size/proportions of the film helmet. But when they got there, the difference in the helmet size was immediately evident to everyone there: the DP Deluxe was noticably smaller in all aspects to the film helmet. They were shocked to see the difference.

That being said, I do believe the Don Post Deluxe can be traced back to a "real" Fett helmet. Which helmet? I can't say for sure. I doubt it was an ESB or Jedi hero, though. Also, it's evident the Deluxe helmet went through MANY changes before being finalized. Add to that a dash of warpage, which is common with most Don Post products, and you have a helmet that is quite removed from the original.

In regard to the question of Fett having different sized helmets, I don't believe that is case. What I do think you might be seeing is warpage on the "original" Fett helmets. It is plausable that a couple of helmets acquired different warps during the curing/pulling process, hence subtle variations from helmet to helmet.
    Dec 16, 2003, 9:57 AM - Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #15

Here is some comp pics of my Boba Fett buckets...

Left to right are the MSH2, MSH, and MH buckets.

The MSH2 is very nicely cast in fg and cast resin parts and is the largest by far of these three buckets that are the best IMO out there.
    Enjoy,

Lynn
    Dec 16, 2003, 10:49 AM - Re: Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #16

I can't get over just how awesome this thing is. I have a MSH-1 on it's way to me this morning, I gotta figure out what I'm going to do with each one... perhaps two ESB buckets. *insert evil grin here*
  17. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Dec 16, 2003, 10:58 AM - Re: Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #17

Thanks Lynn!!!
    It's amazing how close they all are in size. The MSH2 looks a bit larger than both, but I assume this is also because of the white color.

I really like the Pre-pro paint job on the MH. Looking good....again, thanks for the pics!

Rob
  18. DanakinSkywalker
    Dec 16, 2003, 11:58 AM - Re: Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #18

Could some one PM me the cost and perhaps where to look (ie. who) for these helmets, please?

They look great, btw.
    Dec 16, 2003, 12:16 PM - Re: Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #19

Awesome!

Got mine today also.

Man I really love to see a Jango like that.

Turo
    Dec 16, 2003, 1:49 PM - Re: Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #20

Love It Love It Love it, cant wait for mine to get here!
    Dec 16, 2003, 2:41 PM - Re: Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #21

Awesome set of buckets there Lynn. I really love that rabbit ears version!!!! Thanx for sharing the pics!!!I can't wait to get to work on my MSH2.
    Dec 16, 2003, 3:32 PM - Re: Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #22

Thanks for the comps guys!

The Rabbit ears bucket still has a lot to go before being done. Since I have been working fulltime on my Boba Display, it has been on he back burner.
    Now that my display is almost done, minus my new JP I'm waiting for, I will resume it along with the ESB bucket.

I will then "swap out" buckets time to time on the display to keep it fresh.

The MSH2 is the best bar none, this one I want to make it like the real prop where as the others I made more for convention/show costuming rather then like the real prop. So no foam padding, fans, screens, speakers, R/C servos, linings, etc. will go into this one.

Lynn

Dec 16, 2003, 3:51 PM - Re: Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #23

Is it my imagination, or does the white one look like it was squeezed from front to back, in order to make the sides flair out more? I first noticed the difference in the top view, but in the profile pic, it looks longer at the band, than it does at the bottom.

BTW, those two painted helmets look awesome!
    Dec 16, 2003, 4:08 PM - Re: Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #24

judz dwedd wrote:

Is it my imagination, or does the white one look like it was squeezed from front to back, in order to make the sides flair out more? I first noticed the difference in the top view, but in the profile pic, it looks longer at the band, than it does at the bottom.

BTW, those two painted helmets look awesome!
    Thanks...

It may just be the angles of the photo, I can see what your talking about a little in the third pic with the left side, but the right side dosn't look it to me.

Lynn
    Dec 16, 2003, 5:47 PM - Re: Bucket comp pics, MSH2/MSH/MH #25

Quite possibly an illusion. The angles of the helmet can be very decieving. When I was building my helmet model, I was constantly re-checking things. I thought I'd never get it to a point where I'd be happy.