Bronx Boba scratchbuild.

Bronx Boba scratchbuild.

Hows it going guys my name is Ray from Bronx N.Y. I am a model maker and sculptor I always wanted to try making a full scale prop helmet so one day I saw "Rosskow's" Build on the RPF and said I would like a try at a Fett helmet so I printed out the templates and went to work I did a few changes like using styrene for the visor and cheek area and I didn't use the paper patterns for the dome I used foam which I shaped this saves me time from having to resin up paper or cardboard I smoothed it out first with some spackle then applied a coat of Bondo over it so here are some up to date shots today I was fixing a bow in the visor mandible area once that was done I made the left ear piece I'm about less than 2 weeks into this build thanks for looking.

Last edited by Raysculpt; Aug 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM.

From
    Texas

Re: Bronx Boba scratchbuild.

Nice! I especially like how you did the dome; it makes me wish I had done that on mine instead of using nothing but cardboard and spackling. The only thing I would say about yours is that I believe the left ear should be a little lower and pulled back a tad from the left cheek bone. It looks great, though, and real smooth. Keep up the good work!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

The top part of the T slot should come back farther and be a little more narrow. Looks a little strange to me with the visor opening be larger like that. Almost alien.

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    The top part of the T slot should come back farther and be a little more narrow. Looks a little strange to me with the visor opening be larger like that. Almost alien.
    Yeah I noticed that the other day on the visor I need to measure a shot and add some length to it to get it looking better a quick fix I'll do tomorrow.
    Thanks Cyris, the ear pieces are just on there with some tape just to see how it looked.
    Last edited by Raysculpt; Aug 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Okay did some tweaking on the visor area got the bow out of the mandible area I added a little length to the ends of the visor and removed the back strip to readjust it I'm not going for inch by inch screen accuracy I'm going for close enough is good enough accuracy on my first bucket, it's not like your gonna mistake this thing for a Giants Helmet Lol.

Added the dent last night close enough for now.

I see I have to adjust the size of the dent it's a little big compared to others I have seen.

I scaled down the size of the dent and finishing up on the ear pieces now need to make the range finder.

From
    Tokyo,Japan

Good Luck!!