Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BobaMaker Helmet Wavy Brow?

From
    A wretched hive of scum and villainy, Las Vegas, NV

BobaMaker Helmet Wavy Brow?

So looking at the BobaMaker helmet here and wishing I had 300 bucks to drop on it...

http://bobamaker.co.uk/Helmet.html

And the attached picture as well. You see the wavy brow thing going on. I don't doubt the screen accuracy although I've never noticed it. I just haven't seen anyone else incorporate the curve on their helmets at all.

Why? Is this just a matter of easy construction? Forum search really didn't pull up much that I noticed, this was the closest I've found.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=6513

I'm seriously curious about the wavy brow...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01_wavy_brow-jpg  

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

Re: BobaMaker Helmet Wavy Brow?

Beefheart said: View Post
    So looking at the BobaMaker helmet here and wishing I had 300 bucks to drop on it...
    That $300 is just the helmet, NOT including the paint job...

Here's a shot of my BM, you can see it there as well. As for the wavy brow, If DAZ says it's there, then it is.

If you have the cash, and can get your hands on a BM I would HIGHLY recomend it!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails helmet_bm_1-jpg  

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

The wavy brow was an imperfection in the screen used molds. To be screen accurate, many makers now include the wavy brow, BM isn't the only one, just got to keep your eye out.

From
    Montreal, Canada

My Terminal Fettler helmet has also a wavy brow... I am pretty sure that if Bobamaker and TF made their helmets with wavy brow that's because the real one has it!!

AFAIK, it's a defect in the ESB helmet, and not present in other versions. i'm not really an ESB fan so i don't know much about it myself, only that the Jedi one is straight

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

Well, it's not in the ESB helmet (1980), You can see it on the SE Fett (AoSW).

Or this is what I think

From
    Norwich UK

Here is my Terminal Fettler cold-cast lid. as you can see it too has the wavy brow (hence the ESB paint job)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18b-jpg  

From
    UK

I have the TF & FPH and they both have the wavy brow...

(nice lid Jon)

Man i would kill for a FPH.... Think of it this way your going to put 40+ hours in the helmet.... 250-300 inst that bad.
    Considering all the time and effort you put in... you may want to consider a Sgt fang.

From

So wait, RotJ Fett doesn't have the wave?

Please don't say that's true, I seriously want a BobaMaker setup but really only want it if it's for Return honestly.

I don't doubt his accuracy, I was curious as to what was up with it and where it was in the on screen use.

Thanks all for the information!

just take a look at some photos of the screen used ones and make your own choice

i've never seen an rotj image with a wavy brow. doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but i've never encountered it.

From
    Cordova, TN

Is that wavy brow a repair on the ESB from the helmet being dropped? It cracked or fractured there and thats how the repair came out? What we see on screen?

Beefheart said: View Post
    So wait, RotJ Fett doesn't have the wave?

Please don't say that's true, I seriously want a BobaMaker setup but really only want it if it's for Return honestly.

I don't doubt his accuracy, I was curious as to what was up with it and where it was in the on screen use.

Thanks all for the information!
    With a little sanding and a bit of filler you can easily remove the warp in the brow for ROTJ accuracy...

From

terminal fettler said: View Post
    With a little sanding and a bit of filler you can easily remove the warp in the brow for ROTJ accuracy...
    How hard would it be to fix? Other than some putty experience with models and plastic minis I've never done something that big.

Seeing how it's a few hundred dollars I'd be very afraid. I trust my painting skills but not so much my shape altering...

Basically sand the lower part of the brow flat. Then add some Bondo/filler to the brow top and sand this area flat, should be a simple operation...

I have BM bucket and it's well worth the $300. I'm not too familiar with all the "this one has a wave and this one doesn't" stuff but if you want a great helmet - Bm's the way to go. Personally, I like the wave - makes it look more personal. Just my opinion!

From
    Ohio

Guys you need to put things in perspective here. The people that see us at events will probably never notice the wavey brow. I have a BM bucket painted up in RoTJ, it has the wavy brow. I could care less if ESB had the wavey brow and RoTJ didn't. Its a great bucket. I would not alter /mod it just for that.

From
    Norwich UK

Coyote850 said: View Post
    Guys you need to put things in perspective here. The people that see us at events will probably never notice the wavey brow. I have a BM bucket painted up in RoTJ, it has the wavy brow. I could care less if ESB had the wavey brow and RoTJ didn't. Its a great bucket. I would not alter /mod it just for that.
    I agree

It depends on how far you want to go for screen accuaracy. The general public will not notice.

Personally I have saved my TF lid (with wavey brow) for my ESB, and my mystery lid (without wave brow) I am doing as ROTJ. However this is just me and no one else at my Starwars club even notices the difference (Fett Sniper excluded )

That's all a matter of perspective

If I'm spending hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours, I want to make sure that I get as close as I can. Something like that is a pretty easy detail to get right, in the grand scheme of things.

But to each his/her own!

From
    Ohio

tk7602 said: View Post
    That's all a matter of perspective

If I'm spending hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours, I want to make sure that I get as close as I can. Something like that is a pretty easy detail to get right, in the grand scheme of things.

But to each his/her own!
    I understand what you are saying Brian and I 99% agree. I just would not alter a BM bucket or not get one just because of such a minor thing.

I understand what you are saying Brian and I 99% agree. I just would not alter a BM bucket or not get one just because of such a minor thing.
    I guess that's where we differ... I wouldn't call something like that minor

I see the wavy brow and I think of the current state of the ESB hero, not a Jedi lid.

From
    The miserable mill

CGClone said: View Post
    Is that wavy brow a repair on the ESB from the helmet being dropped? It cracked or fractured there and thats how the repair came out? What we see on screen?
    Good point,

It's possible if this was seen on the exhibit helmet that this happened after filming.

It always looked straight to me in ESB, but there aren't enough shots to be 100%

From
    Norwich UK

What do we think guys? Is there a wave?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hiresesbboba2-jpg  

From
    The miserable mill

It looks like it there, but i don't know if it's because of the glare playing optical illusion on me.

i'm 90% sure there is a wave, nothing is perfect. but i still have some slight doubt.

it also could be uneven paint that creates an optical illusion that the brow has a wave

maybe it was masked poorly? i dunno, just thinking on the other side

There is a wave in that pic and all the pics of the ESB helmet. That's the ESB helmet on the ROTJ suit as seen in the SE version of ANH. The ESB suit was stolen except for the helmet. Bobamakers helmet with the wave would replicate the ESB helmet. the mistery helmet makes for a great ROTJ helmet. The MSH (movie size helmet) i recieved , like about 6 years ago, from N******d has the wave on the brow. It was like the first one to have these nice details of the ESB helmet. The ROTJ and ESB helmets are shaped different too, so if i was doing a ROTJ fett i would get an ROTJ helmet not an ESB with ROTJ paint.

It's one less thing to upgrade later.