Boba Helmet GasketSubscribe
  1. 2 Weeks Ago - Jan 18, 2016, 7:51 PM - Boba Helmet Gasket #1

Hello all I was wondering if there was anyone around who still offered the gaskets for the fett helmets. If so please pm me, also I don't intend on trooping with the gasket. I only want to have it when I have the helmet on display because I feel it is more accurate that way with the whole neck seal and air tight theme lol

Thank you for your time
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    2 Weeks Ago - Jan 18, 2016, 8:10 PM - Re: Boba Helmet Gasket #2

Haven't seen anyone's making these in quite some time. The seals were not used with Boba, so it will not help make it more accurate.
    The Jango lid had it though. I've got one that fits a Cruzer lid though, from Chucko bought for a Jango and never used.
    Last edited by syllander; 6 Days Ago at 6:08 AM.
  4. 2 Weeks Ago - Jan 18, 2016, 9:44 PM - Re: Boba Helmet Gasket #3

Ah yes when I mentioned accuracy I was not talking about screen accurate, I was talking about the fact that this helmet is highly advanced. And that leads me to believe that it would it have air tight capabilities for periods of time with no oxygen etc. Also do you think it would fit a boba helmet? And if so what color is the gasket and are you willing to sell
    2 Weeks Ago - Jan 18, 2016, 9:50 PM - Re: Boba Helmet Gasket #4

Hard to say if it will fit or not. Currently I've nothing here to compare it to.
    Its grey leather, and I'd ask what I paid for it, $50.
    Ive got some other odds and ends to sell so I figured I'd post them up this weekend in the cargo hold.
  6. 2 Weeks Ago - Jan 18, 2016, 9:57 PM - Re: Boba Helmet Gasket #5

Alright I'll get back to you on that, thanks for the posts though. Gonna see if I can find some info on the helmet measurements
  7. 2 Weeks Ago - Jan 19, 2016, 2:51 AM - Re: Boba Helmet Gasket #6

Gasket ? I like learning new things
  8. 2 Weeks Ago - Jan 19, 2016, 3:50 AM - Re: Boba Helmet Gasket #7

It's another name for helmet skirt. Its essentially just a way of completely closing off the helmet. This is used on motorcycle helmets and more to stop any type of dirt or other things you don't want in your helmet lol
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/f...helmet%20skirt

The link above will take you to a thread with some pics
  9. 2 Weeks Ago - Jan 19, 2016, 6:28 AM - Re: Boba Helmet Gasket #8

That looks just to damn snug for me, I already have a helmet full of gizmos so I don't need this freaking me out to! lol glad I don't have to use it, good luck with that....
  10. 2 Weeks Ago - Jan 19, 2016, 4:03 PM - Re: Boba Helmet Gasket #9

Yes indeed haha the good thing is I don't intend on trooping with it, I will only have it on the helmet while its on display. I just think it looks cooler Also the gasket is installed with velcro lining so it's easy to remove.
  11. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    1 Week Ago - Jan 27, 2016, 12:16 AM - Re: Boba Helmet Gasket #10

Hello folks I have been making these for the Mercs with the original makers updated pattern he discontinued his run do to the amount of labor required from his sewing machine . I happen to be a 4th generation boot cobbler and I own a industrial patching machine (a long arm sewer with 360 walking foot ) that sees up to 7/8" thick material So that being said i am able to offer the new pattern at $55 if I do not have your prefferd color in stock I can order it for around $10 more
  12. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    1 Week Ago - Jan 27, 2016, 1:22 AM - Re: Boba Helmet Gasket #11

Booboo Fett used to make the cloth version for boba....maybe @woodman could whip up a similar item for you?

And it is accurate to a degree.... http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/attac...309d1233293735