Subscribe
    Aug 14, 2010, 4:11 PM - boba fetts blaster solution #1

I am stationed in IL, and today my wife and I went to target and I found boba fett's carbine I have been doing the fett thing since 2005 so I consider my eye for cannon to be pretty good. although there are some scaling and color issues the toy is not to far off and would be perfect for some one working on a budget they only cost 20$ here in IL, so I picked one up and plan on painting it soon I will post finished pictures. has anyone else seen these or am I just completely out of the loop.
  2. Aug 14, 2010, 4:37 PM - Re: boba fetts blaster solution #2

I have seen one mate at Smyths Toystores in Ireland the main gun/barrel seems pretty accurate albeit small but the butt of the blaster is tiny, id recommend carving something wood etc. Best of luck with this look forward to seeing what you come up with. I was considering modifying this blaster too but I decided it wud be cheaper to jus buy an already scaled on.

This is a dimensions sheet done up by Ian (Scouse trooper) over on the Emerald Garrison hope it helps.

Aug 14, 2010, 11:03 PM - Re: boba fetts blaster solution #3

I just have one question to the makers, it seems on the overall measurements, most are off by only 1 in. So why make it shorter at all? Even as a kid I hated the fact that the guns I had were smaller than the real thing, and in this case it's only by a little, so why not make kids everywhere and adults REAL happy by making it 1:1, especially here where doing so isn't even using that much more material or time?
    Aug 14, 2010, 11:38 PM - Re: boba fetts blaster solution #4

Possibly due to licensing or manufacturing costs.
    Recommended age and average size of children of that age might affect the decision to make it a certain length. /shrug just a few guesses.
    Aug 15, 2010, 12:42 AM - Re: boba fetts blaster solution #5

ya man I don't know but, regardless it is a cool toy and can easily be sanded and painted to look legit. my ESB carbine took me a few months to build and I have always loved the look of the ROTJ carbine but I don't have the fett to match it, so this is a good way for me to get my fix without having to hunt for the perfect windshield wipers.... can I get an AMEN!!
  6. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Aug 15, 2010, 12:54 AM - Re: boba fetts blaster solution #6

The stock is not only shorter but much thinner as is everything else the real one is pretty large for a childs toy